Returning Broken Phone - Unroot etc

Guest Waldorf

Guest Waldorf

Well I returned mine back to Vodafone last Friday and I went into the store today to see if there was an update. Apparently they were unable to fix it but the guy in the store said they had to wait to get the phone and the report sent back to the store in the next day. But the kicker is that the engineers are claiming that they found moisture damage. Which is complete BS unless the phone was damaged when I got it or since I left it in for repair. I only have it for about 6 weeks and I'm extremely careful with stuff like that as it was expensive for me to buy it.

I have to wait to see what the report says but it is not looking good and I presume I am going to have to have a massive argument with them. Not happy. :(

Guest jontylol

Well I returned mine back to Vodafone last Friday and I went into the store today to see if there was an update. Apparently they were unable to fix it but the guy in the store said they had to wait to get the phone and the report sent back to the store in the next day. But the kicker is that the engineers are claiming that they found moisture damage. Which is complete BS unless the phone was damaged when I got it or since I left it in for repair. I only have it for about 6 weeks and I'm extremely careful with stuff like that as it was expensive for me to buy it.

I have to wait to see what the report says but it is not looking good and I presume I am going to have to have a massive argument with them. Not happy. :(

That sucks :/ I hope you manage to get it sorted!

I haven't been to check up on mine yet... They seemed to buy the story though :)

Guest jontylol

Jonty can you message me what story you used.You going for repair or refund

Well I was stuck on a custom rom with a rooted phone, but managed to flash the chinese rom from the Huawei site and unroot it. So in the shop I said i installed that to try and fix the problem (as i couldn't get the actual stock factory rom). And I'm getting it fixed. Gotta go collect it tomorrow and I'll see if it's been sorted then!

Guest jontylol

I got my phone back today, they replaced the screen as it was 'faulty' according to them. No complaints from me apart from the long queue in-store...

Edited by jontylol