Official B936 Vodafone NZ

Guest donaldboyer

Guest BergkampHUN

I installed original 926, then 926(chinese custom rom) then 934 in a last few months. Now i want to install the 936, but i want a full wipe. How can i do that? I have and old chinese boot logo, thats weired after the offical 934.

So can i delete all of old data, then install this 936?

Guest Dazzozo

I installed original 926, then 926(chinese custom rom) then 934 in a last few months. Now i want to install the 936, but i want a full wipe. How can i do that? I have and old chinese boot logo, thats weired after the offical 934.

So can i delete all of old data, then install this 936?

You may as well just install the update.app. It sounds like you want everything gone.

Guest Davidoff59

post-925416-0-48144000-1347043846_thumb.

took about 5 mins for screen to redraw after adding this file on stock browser so not sure if its the rom or Modaco.

Edited by Davidoff59

post-925416-0-48144000-1347043846_thumb.

took about 5 mins for screen to redraw after adding this file on stock browser so not sure if its the from it Modaco.

Mine does this after flashing 936 from cwm. If you want it gone your going to have to do update install. But imo its no biggie. Don't do anything

Guest Davidoff59

Its still showing as a China Unicom from when its a Vodafone release. As above it may be because I did a cwm flash from B934 which was a Chinese rom. Would this explain English dictionary fix needing to be flashed again?

Guest bladebuddy

Are you on about settings/ about phone/ operator + country info. If yes then I am sure you're correct as I also got a China splash screen and a few Chinese widgets on the screen, easily removed but that might be down to flashing vendor app. I also had the spell checking problem, as I use smart keyboard pro with English dictionary I only need to in tick spell checking in settings.

Guest figueira

Hello, everyone.

Noob here, so please be patient.

Yesterday I installed B934 (following this thread).

I downloaded the update.app available on this thread, tried the "Update from SD Card" and the update just hangs, the pink bar stops about 1/3. After 30 mins I thought I had bricked the phone, but it still boots and everything is ok.

What am I doing wrong?

Any help is appreciated!

EDIT> Done, flashed it using CWM. The phone is lot faster than previously, but Flash performance is still not up to par. GB was a lot smoother when using Flash.

Thank you very much for the upload!

Edited by figueira

Can anyone confirm whether 936 is merely 934 + Voda bloat? (or is it more than that?)

How would one "confirm" such a thing? We don't have their change logs.

People report it runs better, especially with 3D. Of course it is all subjective.

Guest theoldsmithy

hi

can you go from b892 straight to this?

Yes. No need for any other steps. I did that yesterday with no problems at all - using the full update version from page 1 of this thread, not the CWM version.

Hi

Anyone else experiencing widgets going missing ?? i put a load of direct dials and direct message links onto a screen and they just go missing after a while??

Not widgets, but mobile phone contact shortcuts (with pictures) disappeared - This was resolved after a flash to B940

Guest figueira

Hello, everyone.

Noob here, so please be patient.

Yesterday I installed B934 (following this thread).

I downloaded the update.app available on this thread, tried the "Update from SD Card" and the update just hangs, the pink bar stops about 1/3. After 30 mins I thought I had bricked the phone, but it still boots and everything is ok.

What am I doing wrong?

Any help is appreciated!

EDIT> Done, flashed it using CWM. The phone is lot faster than previously, but Flash performance is still not up to par. GB was a lot smoother when using Flash.

Thank you very much for the upload!

After a few days of use I have now returned to stock GB as the performance has degraded a lot and I believe that HW acceleration is not available on this ROM.

No sh** Sherlock,I'm kidding.

But yh huawei have been messing about with the update and we won't get a ICS build that will be as stable as GB anytime....but the devs ib here are working hard so we might not even need their poxy ics anymore...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest fogoticus

Ultra newbie here.

LONG STORY SHORT.

Huawei Ascend G300 > 1 month later rooted > installed beats rooted edition > installed some root stuff > light bricked > no unlocked bootloader and had to send it to the repair service > phone came back with U8815V100R001C185B893 instead of the B892...

Now I downloaded a B936 seeing as the update became official for the B892 I wanted to update my B893 ex B892 and it fails when it reach about 25%...

What should I do?

• 1 month later...
Guest ryuhou69

Hi guys does anyone stil have the b936 (vodafone NZ) rom in update.app format - can only find repack online

original links are broken - need the baseband from the rom to hopefully fix my aus phone which is stuck with 2g =\

thanks in advance

mike