Official B936 Vodafone NZ

Guest donaldboyer

Excited! :) so for those of us who have infusion ics, what method do we follow to install this b936? Full wipe etc and install from cwm or what?

well basically you cant install an update.app using any custom Rom, so you have to back up and install stock ics(i would advise using B934)

or you could force update but im not sure if that works on a custom rom

Edited by mack_

Guest nsmacd1

Excited! :) so for those of us who have infusion ics, what method do we follow to install this b936? Full wipe etc and install from cwm or what?

I would guess at extracting the dload folder & putting it on the SD and then booting the phone pressing both the volume keys at once, but have not tried it yet (will try in the morning at work!)

Guest anything-but

cutcutcut,have you deleted the file or just the link? Dazz can uploaded it to his server on a 1gb pipe. Do you mind if i fire a request via my googlemail for the link to give to him?

Guest snowylands

Sorry for confusing you, I'm in NZ, done the ICS update (without making any backups). Ive found this file in my phone and I have no idea if its the same file. Hope that clears this up

http://www.4shared.c...RhKF/dload.html

In hindsight I should have backed up before updating to ICS, but I found this, this is the update.app. Is this it?

considering the size of the update app is about 32kb,im abit confused lol

nope its probably the vendor update though,we may this(but it might just add all the voda branding)

Edited by mack_

Guest cutcutcut

cutcutcut,have you deleted the file or just the link? Dazz can uploaded it to his server on a 1gb pipe. Do you mind if i fire a request via my googlemail for the link to give to him?

No, I deletd it, I think it went to a trash bin though so I can probably get it back easy enough. You need me to share the link with you?

Guest anything-but

No, I deletd it, I think it went to a trash bin though so I can probably get it back easy enough. You need me to share the link with you?

yea,if you dont mind mate.....dazz can then upload it to his own server. PM me the link if you dont mind. :)

I mean I just uploaded it from what I found on my phone. Never used filesharing, so not sure if it would work

It doesn't seem to start, I hope the first upload wasn't like the middle package we used with 927 or 926

Guest anything-but

Was talking to dazz on steam but it`s just gone south! Be patient peeps,he`s working on it. :)

Just installing the update.app here on my phone,report shortly :)

Tell me how and I'll try it

make a back up using clock work mod...remove the system.img and the boot.img files , extract the system.img into a folder

ok, here are two empty rom .zip's you can use

one is for gingerbread roms and the other for ics roms

zip.gif gingerbread-roms.zip 124.37K 9 downloads

zip.gif ics-roms.zip 149.74K 3 downloads

so, all you need from your clockwork mod backup is the system.img & boot.img

first you will need the system.img unpacked, i use this http://www.solidfile...m/d/4178efa9b0/

so after unpacking the system.img you should have a system folder,

now its easy, just open one of the .zip's above (do not extract, just open it)

drag and drop the system folder & boot.img into the .zip

done.

now the zip should should like this.

META-INF

system

boot.img

if you have problems or unsure how to do something just ask and i will try to help ;)

Thanks to tillaz for this btw

Edited by mack_