Nothing to beat it?

Guest Frankish

Guest Frankish

Seems there isnt anything in the price range that can beat this yet? Even second hand?

Even up to 150 pound mark still doesn't seem to be anything better. Acer gallant duo seems OK but not out yet.

Guest timfimjim

True. I'd be reluctant to upgrade now anyway seeing as though I haven't had the phone 6 months, but lack of hwa and a laggy ICS is very annoying. Keeping an eye out for any good deals.

Edited by timfimjim

Guest accyuklad

zte grand x is cheap on ebay but i not seen many i seen 2 sell for £100 but not unlocked but used but like new

Edited by accyuklad

Guest accyuklad

i had a xperia u but the back speaker isnt brill and gps was jumping around when i had one but they probly fixed now if they released ics

screen is ok but be better if it was wider rather then like a nokia x6

Edited by accyuklad

Guest Andymac1969

I have just bought a Nokia 710 £89.95 at CPW, not Android which I much prefer, but a really nice phone, very quick no lag, built well, can make it your own with the changeable covers, Windows 7.5 mango is OK, not as much fun, and not really able to change it to much OS wise, but a really nice phone, Nokia Drive and Music are superb to use, radical option for most on here, but as a usable everyday phone, it's great. I prefer my G300, but enjoying a Nokia once again.

Guest Frankish
Sony Xperia U?

Dual core...

Not bad specs for price but screen size would put some off.

zte grand x is cheap on ebay but i not seen many i seen 2 sell for £100 but not unlocked but used but like new

Are you sure? Great phone if any sell for less than 150.

Edited by Frankish

Guest accyuklad

also when i played videos it doesnt let you make it wide to fit screen it was like a square aswell

i never had a windows mobile i was going to buy one and see if i liked it but didnt want to waste money getting it and then sayin nope hate it but i dont think i ever change to windows unless they came out with something better then android

Guest tilal6991

Not bad specs for price but screen size would put some off.

Yeah but the pixel density is superb and the screen itself is really clear.

My mum has one lol.

Guest accyuklad

ye the screen is nice and bright and clear just shame really on screen size but it be ok with ones that not bothered about it

they come out with a ics 4 tipo sony now that is very small lol

Edited by accyuklad

Guest tcpaulh

Get a G300. Nothing to really touch it at the moment unless you want something second hand. Think they can still be had for £70 by setting up an account at very.co.uk.

Guest trueno2k

This looks interesting dependent on developers being interested aswell!...

--> [media=]

BUT, not sure if it will be worth it if import tax is needed to be paid for it if found to be needed though!... This is what I got from a calculator [below]

Import duty & tax rates

You classified Jiayu g3 as Phones & Accessories -> Mobile Phone. Based on this classification, the import duty rate for importing a Jiayu g3 into is 0%. The import VAT rate for a Jiayu g3 is 20%.

Calculation example

The actual import duty & taxes due are determined by the value of the product and the cost of importing. Here is an example calculation for import duty & taxes for importing a Jiayu g3 into United Kingdom from China: Product value: £133.00 Shipping costs: £25.33 Insurance costs: £0.00 Total import value: £158.33 Import duty @ 0%: £0.00 Import VAT @ 20%: £31.67 Total import duty & VAT: £31.67

Edited by trueno2k

Guest hecatae

Even up to 150 pound mark still doesn't seem to be anything better. Acer gallant duo seems OK but not out yet.

Gallant duo is already out three members have received theirs yesterday

Guest trueno2k
Are these three members developers?... Maybe they can start the ball rolling for CM9 development or even CM10 instead!... :P

Guest hecatae
Are these three members developers?... Maybe they can start the ball rolling for CM9 development or even CM10 instead!... :P

Not as far as I'm aware, one is asking how do I root, ascend may have discovered that only one of the two sims can have a 3G data connection at any one time, and the other I've forgotten. :-P

Guest trueno2k
Not as far as I'm aware, one is asking how do I root, ascend may have discovered that only one of the two sims can have a 3G data connection at any one time, and the other I've forgotten. :-P
Thats no biggy really!... As I will probably only have a GSM ( calls and text only ) simcard in the secondary sim slot and the main slot will carry my main number simcard... All it needs it CWM, ROOT, & Custom ROMS and I'll be happy ;)

Guest Frankish

Where from? Expansys comes up in searches but site seems to be down. I'd snap one of these up just no guarantee of a development community I suppose!

Guest Jaisan888
You classified Jiayu g3 as Phones & Accessories -> Mobile Phone.........

+1 on the JiaYu G3.

It has the best specs that comply to my requirements, it's a Dual SIM device but it 's not easy to find a trusted source.

Nowadays even MS/DELL nVidia etc etc etc would have no qualms at pulling a "fast one" nevermind trying to purchase from the little fish market.

Guest Frankish

On the subject of expansys turns out my stock jellybean browser doesn't like their website. It doesn't load but on opera it does! As soon as my shares sell I'll use a bit to pay for this!