Spontaneous reboot into vanilla Android / setup mode

Guest RaoulTeeuwen

Guest RaoulTeeuwen

Hello. Yesterday my son was listening music on his Huawei G300, and the phone rebooted while in a song. When starting, it went into the 'hi, i'm new, let's set up this phone' mode. I think i've read about this before, but after looking through all 20 pages of this forum, i was unable to find a related post. 3 of our 4 teenagers have a G300, and one of my daughters also had this once...

I'm wondering if more people have this, and maybe if anyone has a clue to what might be the cause. Afaik, it takes setting up the phone all over again, installing apps one by one etc.

Guest RaoulTeeuwen

Thanks for the replies. I assumed it wasn't happening to everybody ;-). I now know it also happened to one of the other G300's. Once. In a couple of months use. So if it is the motherboard, i would expect it more often.

Afaik (and i am the systems manager in the house ;-), have played with other roms before, but not on the G300's) the phones use the original Vodafone roms. Updated to the latest official versions.

And yes, we lost apps, reinstalled them through Google Play one by one.

I live in the Netherlands, and bought the phones in the UK. I had 4, another had a display problem. With 3 of 4 having problems, i hope the reboot-to-freshly-installed-state phones will prove to be ok not counting this 1 reset-thingy. If not: 75% defect rate :-(?

Edited by RaoulTeeuwen

Guest Davidoff59

Raoul, do a search and you will come across this issue. No Phone should factory reset of its own accord and huawei have said they were looking into it but obviously didn't release any further info.

The lockscreen bug doenst happen regularly either so it must be specific things that set them off. One person had 3 wipes in 2 days if my memory serves me correctly so its definately an issue.

Guest RaoulTeeuwen

Thanks Davidoff59! My daughter already also had the reboot-when-a-call-comes in ... Just asked her: this hasn't happened for a while now, so maybe the newest rom fixed that. Already started to doubt my choice to buy 4 of these G300's for my teens :-)... My sons G300 currently is on B885. I see B892 is available, but we 1st see and wait how B885 runs before we change anything...

Guest RaoulTeeuwen

Thanks Mario_Cardoso. Had no idea it is very old. But i have learned the lesson (many times :-)) "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" (and by not obeying that rule have introduced many problems/more work :-)). So as long as my son is not complaining...

And thanks again Davidoff59: i love ICS (JB more so). I follow this forum, and until now i read to much 'thingys' with ICS, either with installing or with (non)working features, so hoped the long official Huawei promised (they state the G300 comes with ICS for months on their website; i emailed them about it: no reply :-( ) ICS would surface any day and that would be the way to go...