87 replies to this topic

Roger Barnett

Roger Barnett

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Devices:Pulse 8220, OSD
For some reason Es note editor will not allow me to save the file. Error message in attached screen shot. Could be some thing to do with root but I do have root permission.

Edit: I managed to mod the file as yours using root browser editor, but it has no effect
I even rebooted phone.
Camera button does not power wake for me.

Attached Files

Edited by Roger Barnett, 17 August 2013 - 07:05 AM.

DaveSimonH

DaveSimonH

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Devices:Alcatel Idol S, Nook HD+
Is the file definitely modified? When the screen is on, if you do a full press of the camera button (not a half press), does the screen turn off?
It sometimes doesn't work for me turning the screen back on, but it can always put it to sleep.

Roger Barnett

Roger Barnett

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
File is definitely modified, but screen does not turn off :(

Mkfish

Mkfish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:OSD
So I dropped my phone and the power button has smashed off completely along with the top shell of the phone. I have taken it to some high street repair shops and they have said that they cannot fix it. The phone is no longer under warranty and has no insurance or chance for replacement. Is there any way of reviving it?

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego, OSF

So I dropped my phone and the power button has smashed off completely along with the top shell of the phone. I have taken it to some high street repair shops and they have said that they cannot fix it. The phone is no longer under warranty and has no insurance or chance for replacement. Is there any way of reviving it?

Is it still actually working? If by some miracle it is then you would need to look for a dead one sold cheap and transfer the necessary bits over.

If not then you're looking for a replacement I'm afraid. The Nexus 4 (8GB) is down to £159 now (the 16GB version is £199) in anticipation of the Nexus 5 coming.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Matthew 23:12

Mkfish

Mkfish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm sure the phone still works, there's just no way to turn it on currently. Figured I was more than likely going to have to buy a new one and doubt I have the necessary skills to replace the power button myself even if I had a surplus one to strip parts from. Thanks for the info though, that's quite a bargain on the nexus 4!

Roger Barnett

Roger Barnett

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

File is definitely modified, but screen does not turn off http://www.modaco.co...MO_DIR#/sad.png

I finally got the gpio keys.kl fix to work, not sure exactly how but it works after using the aio tool.
Now I can use the camera button to wake my phone.
Long live my power button!

JonR

JonR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I have the sunken power button problem, have had it for a while, and just found this thread (and website) whilst looking for advice on the camera not being recognised.

cardboard under the button seems to have done the trick for the time being.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users