NOT HAPPY WITH DOWNLOAD SPEED 30kb/s on o2 3g

Guest accyuklad

Guest accyuklad

im in the uk and got 3g full signal

did a download test and i get 30kb/s on play download section

now thats the first time i had a android that wont get faster then 30kb/s on o2 simcard on my galaxy i9000 always downloaded a 3mb file in 30sec and i use to have a xperia u and that was fast

but this i got correct setup for o2 simcard and rebooted and still slow

anyone know why i got this issue

Guest bladebuddy
well i cant get past 30kb/s

i going to sell it pointless me keeping a slow stupid phone

I wouldn't go rushing to sell you're phone just yet. I was discussing something similar yesterday and we think it's more to do with the o2 signal then you're phone as sometimes I can get really fast download speeds but most of the time they are poor.

Get a friend on the same network with a different phone to try and see if his download speeds are faster.

Guest accyuklad

so i might after get a o2 mobile network rather then one that is unlocked because i never had a problem with o2 network mobiles i brought this is first i had unlocked from a different network am i best asking for a new simcard from o2 or would that not make any difference

that's why i left o2, in my area i could not even get a HSPA signal, 3g max speed is around 50kb/s.

i moved to t-mobile and now i always have full HSPA signal, with solid download speeds of 500kb/s

i would consider changing network, would recommend t-mobile £5 for unlimited internet for £30 days

(i'v personally been using this for the last 4 year, it truly is unlimited)

Guest Redflake

Got phone on Saturday.

Rooted and installed clockwork mod.

Got rid of all usless Vodafone crap.

Just unlocked and running on 3 UK.

Just did speed test and got 4372kbps down and 341kbps up.

So deff not a phone problem.

Stock B892 rom. Thinking of updating to ICS but still a bit cautious.

Knowing me though it will be on ICS by the end of the week.

(what could possibly go wrong)

:)

Guest Hogweed

30kbps (assuming you do mean bits and not bytes) is 2G speed. I typically get 1.5Megabits/sec download on O2/giffgaf - when it works that is. However before I locked the phone to 3g only, I was very often seeing 30kbps or less as the network kept handing me off to 2g, On Vodafone I used to see even higher speeds.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest Hogweed

Nothing to do with the incoming Coronal Mass Ejection I hope! I did notice I lost 3g data (but not calls) for a time just as this happened.

http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/alerts/archive/current_month.html

Space Weather Message Code: ALTK06

Serial Number: 291

Issue Time: 2012 Sep 03 1503 UTC

ALERT: Geomagnetic K-index of 6

Threshold Reached: 2012 Sep 03 1500 UTC

Synoptic Period: 1200-1500 UTC

Active Warning: Yes

NOAA Scale: G2 - Moderate

Potential Impacts: Area of impact primarily poleward of 55 degrees Geomagnetic Latitude.

Induced Currents - Power grid fluctuations can occur. High-latitude power systems may experience voltage alarms.

Spacecraft - Satellite orientation irregularities may occur; increased drag on low Earth-orbit satellites is possible.

Radio - HF (high frequency) radio propagation can fade at higher latitudes.

Aurora - Aurora may be seen as low as New York to Wisconsin to Washington state.

####

Still it's only a "Moderate" storm so probably nothing to do with anything but maybe O2 will use it as an excuse :-)

Guest droiddruid

Rooting will not achieve anything regarding your poor network performance. You said yourself after testing a vodafone sim performance was greatly improved. That should already tell you that your issue lies with the O2 network and not your phone. In addition a previous poster mentioned network problems already.

So to reiterate *just* incase we are still not clear... the poor download performance is caused by your network provider, your handset is working as intended.

the only way to really ensure there is no network issues is to ring them. twice now I've rung three because I've had network issues and twice now they told me it was due to maintenance on my nearest mast which is not put on their outages site as it is planned and only one mast. I got a tenner free credit each time though :)