[LINK & INSTRUCTIONS INSIDE] Liquid drivers for Windows 8

Guest Master_T

Guest Master_T

Hi guys... anyone had any luck installing the Liquid USB drivers on Windows 8 so far?

I tried the official acer package as well as the basic android drivers with modded .ini to include the liquid, but to no avail.

Official drivers seem to install fine, but nothing happens, the devices entries in the device manager still have the yellow "warning" sign and say "driver not present"

Installing the android generic ones fails, windows says: "The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering"

Any ideas?

EDIT: I managed to solve the problem, I've extracted and uploaded the compatible drivers for win8, if anyone needs them. Here's the link:

http://www18.zippysh...50782/file.html

Instructions:

1-Extract the package to a folder of your choice

2-Open windows 8 device manager (right click on bottom left desktop corner --> device manager)

3-Locate all the unrecognized android devices (they're at the top, with a yellow warning icon next to them, you can't miss them)

4-Right clic on the first one and chose "update drivers"

5-Choose to "search driver in the computer" (not online)

6-On the next screen, click "browse" and point to the x86 or x64 subdirectory of the directory you extracted the drivers to at point 1, depending on the version of windows you're running (32bit or 64bit)

7-Click next, windows should install the driver

8-Repeat points 4-7 for all the remaining unrecognized devices

9-You're done! adb should now work properly. You might need to repeat the procedure the first time you send the liquid in bootloader mode, since if I recall correctly it "bcomes" a different device when in fastboot mode, and that might need a driver as well, I didn't test it yet.

Edited by Master_T

Guest Ainillia

Change your OS. Windows 8 is pure closed-OS s***. Keep XP, 7 or choose UNIX.

Also, keep in mind this shitty OS is not out yet. You dl/hacked it, probably, and i doubt someone will help you. Not me.

Sorry

Guest Ma7moud

Also, keep in mind this shitty OS is not out yet. You dl/hacked it, probably, and i doubt someone will help you. Not me.

Sorry

I think the Release Preview version is free, he might be using that, so no reason to say that he hacked it

and Master_T , you should search the XDA forums, i remember reading about some windows 8 issues there, they may have found a way to install the drivers

Guest Master_T

Sorry

Wow, never read so much bulls**t in so few lines of text, my compliments to you sir -_-

First of all, win8 was released on the 15th of august to all MSDN subscribers, and on the 25th to all the Dreamspark Premium subscribers. As a Dreamspark Premium user myself I have had access to the final and legal copy of the OS for more than a week now, so you can take your judgemental comments about piracy/leaks and shove them up a place I won't mention because it wouldn't be polite.

Secondly: win XP and 7 are as "closed" as win8, so I don't get your comment about that.

Finally: I'm a .NET developer and need Visual Studio for my job, so I'm not migrating to unix/linux anytime soon, even if I wanted to (which I don't, seeing as I prefer win anyway, for a simple matter of general usability of the user interface and availability of many programs I use on a daily basis, but that's just my personal taste). I have a second partition with debian, but it's annoying to have to boot it up just for the rare time I have to use adb or Fastboot.

when the installtion finish, don't close it

then, go to "C:\Program Files\Acer Inc\Acer SH Driver Installation"

you'll find the drivers

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try it now and report back with results.

Guest Master_T

Ok, I made it work.

GlueCrow's suggestion was on the right track, the problem is that, even if you don't close the installer at the end, it still deletes the files as soon as it reaches the "installation finished" screen, so you don't have the time to make a copy of them, since it installs them and deletes them immediately after.

I instead used this tool:

http://code.google.com/p/lessmsi/

to directly extract the "Acer Liquid Tool Setup(x64).msi" package that came with the drivers. I then pointed the windows driver installation wizard to the extraction location and it found and installed the drivers, they're now working fine!

For convenience to anyone that has the same issue I will edit the first post with instructions and link to already extracted drivers package.

• 1 month later...

hi,

these drivers worked great with CM 7.2, but one of the drivers no longer with CM 9.

The one that isn´t working is the "USB composite device" driver.

Do you have any solution for it?

I run Windows 8 64-bit.

Guest Master_T

hi,

these drivers worked great with CM 7.2, but one of the drivers no longer with CM 9.

The one that isn´t working is the "USB composite device" driver.

Do you have any solution for it?

I run Windows 8 64-bit.

I don't know, since I don't use CM9. Try to download the ones linked in the CM9 topic (I think they were originally for the iconia tab?) and extract them with LessMsi and try to install them.

I just extracted it, but there are Windows XP, Vista and 7 drivers inside only.

i tried to install the Windows 7 driver, but had no success...

And yepp that are Acer Iconia Tab A700 drivers (inside the CM9 thread)...

I need any Acer Windows 8 USB 64-bit drivers for Android 4.0...

Edited by Kvert

Guest Master_T

I just extracted it, but there are Windows XP, Vista and 7 drivers inside only.

i tried to install the Windows 7 driver, but had no success...

And yepp that are Acer Iconia Tab A700 drivers (inside the CM9 thread)...

I need any Acer Windows 8 USB 64-bit drivers for Android 4.0...

Disable driver signature enforcement before trying:

http://laslow.net/2012/03/14/disable-driver-signature-enforcement-in-windows-8/

i disabled the driver signature check successfully, but this had no success too.

When i try to install the new driver, it always tell me that the driver is already on the newest level (but still shows the exclamation mark error).

There was no signature error, also not when i tried it without testmode.

I tried it with your Win 8 drivers and also with the Win 7 drivers of the CM 9 thread.

I guess your Win 8 drivers ar non-working with Android 4.0, while the CM 9 (Android 4.0) drivers are non-working with Windows 8... damn!

Edited by Kvert