How to remove that Vodafone Discover App

Guest onikami

Guest onikami

Anyone know how I can get rid of this app from the homescreen. I have the phone rooted. Have uninstalled a lot of the crap vodafone apps and games, but this Discover app, I can't seem to find where to delete it from? Anyone know where abouts on the phone (folder wise) this app would be so I can delete it? Using root explorer, which folder would I need to search to delete the apk or whatever file associated with this?

Edited by onikami

Guest onikami

I got Root Explorer, but it's just a question of trying to find this file on the many folders, just can't locate it. I'm pretty sure Root Explorer will deal with this as I've used it already to uninstall many of their crap apps and games.

Guest tracasan

i suggest you download root uninstaller from the market. it basically gives you the list of all the apps that are on your phone and lets you uninstall them... that's the right way to uninstall apps. deleting doesn't always get rid of everything

I got Root Explorer, but it's just a question of trying to find this file on the many folders, just can't locate it. I'm pretty sure Root Explorer will deal with this as I've used it already to uninstall many of their crap apps and games.

Go to system/apps

Guest onikami

It's not on system/apps.

I've found the file on question.

/data/data/com.vodafone.smhs

package name: com.vodofone.smhs

I deleted this.

But the stupid app is still on the home screen taking up space. I can't seem to drag it to the trash can as nothing happens. Seems I killed the app and stopped it from working, but can't seem to physically delete it from the home screen?? :angry2:

Guest droiddruid

that's the right way to uninstall apps. deleting doesn't always get rid of everything

I'd say it its more one of a few methods rather than 'the right way'

What more is root uninstaller doing then deleting the APK from system/app ?

Guest droiddruid

It's not on system/apps.

I've found the file on question.

/data/data/com.vodafone.smhs

package name: com.vodofone.smhs

I deleted this.

But the stupid app is still on the home screen taking up space. I can't seem to drag it to the trash can as nothing happens. Seems I killed the app and stopped it from working, but can't seem to physically delete it from the home screen?? :angry2:

I formatted the cust partition via CWM which got rid of a few vendor 'enhancements' may be worth considering however I dunno if there is anything in there you are actually using.

Not sure where the icon on the home screen would be coming from if you killed the app. GL with your quest. :)

Edited by droiddruid

Guest onikami

I formatted the cust partition via CWM which got rid of a few vendor 'enhancements' may be worth considering however I dunno if there is anything in there you are actually using.

Not sure where the icon on the home screen would be coming from if you killed the app. GL with your quest. :)

yeah, cant figure that out? deleted the file, but something is still living, breathing so to speak :D

Guest droiddruid

Davlik cache can be formatted via one of the options in CWM and just make sure fast boot is not selected in your settings or do a battery pull so you get a nice fresh reboot.

No liability will be entered into... :)

Guest onikami

ROM Toolbox has always worked for me.

Will check it out. pretty sure I've tried this before, but will download it from google play when I get home and check it out.

• 1 month later...
Guest Maximus9

Strange, RomToolbox didn't work for me (didn't display anything inside the data folder), but ROM uninstaller did it. Great app, it makes a backup to your dropbox automatically and you can easily inspect everything (open data folder and so on).