After enjoying some Xperia goodness and elegance for a few days, was wondering if someone could make a ROM based off on CM or so, with the Timescape UI, or give some pointers for myself to have a go at it? The following screenshots are all on my SFII on CM7 and it feels much faster than when using ADW.
How do we make a flashable zip anyway guys?
Finally managed to get together a flashable zip of the edited CM with 'part' Xperia UI.
All credits go to the following developers and the original threads are linked. Except for the boot animation, and a few bits here and there, what I did was put everything together and try to make it complete.
CyanogenMod 7 - Dazzozo - http://www.modaco.co...t-updated-2806/
Xperia Arc theme for CM7 - kevin2516 - http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1021507
Xperia Arc launcher and widgets - Slither2006 - http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1325108
CronMod Scripts - croniccorey - http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1716124
screenshot-1346697230643.png 195.73KB 57 downloads screenshot-1346697248674.png 184.14KB 53 downloads screenshot-1346863507176.png 182.52KB 47 downloads screenshot-1346863588623.png 82.87KB 47 downloads screenshot-1346863531082.png 94.83KB 36 downloads
- UI similar to Xperia Arc/Neo (SE launcher, theme, and widgets)
- Google Apps added
- GTalk with video added
- Google Play Store updated
- Flash Player added
- ADW.Launcher removed
- Cyanbread and Androidian themes removed.
- Tested with INT2EXT which mounts the /sd-ext partition as /data (note that performance penalty maybe there if a slow SD is used, and also significant wear on the SD due to dalvik cache/user data/apps all being on it) which means you can have a data partition of any size you desire.
- Download the ROM and copy it your SD.
- Vivacity/Touch Plus: Flash the Vivacity/Touch Plus kernel for correct touchscreen support - the one packaged with the ROM is for San Francisco II users.
- Boot in to Recovery by turning the phone off, and turning it on while holding the volume down key.
- 'Wipe Data/Factory Reset'
- 'Install zip from sdcard' -> 'Choose zip from sdcard' -> ROM
- Vivacity/Touch Plus: 'Install zip from sdcard' -> 'Choose zip from sdcard' -> Kernel
- 'Reboot System Now'
- Give it time - first boot takes longer than usual.
- Run through the first time setup, language, date/time, Google account etc.
- Have fun!
- Everything in CM7
- Front Camera/Camcorder
- FM Radio
- Minor issues with bootanimation.zip (taken from original SE)
Edited by BLu3HaZe, 12 September 2012 - 10:21 AM.