Bricked Huawei 4.0.3 official ROM

Guest hypnose95

Guest hypnose95

Hi Guys,

I am new here and I need a little help. I had 4.0.4 installed on my G300 but because it wasn't stable I decided to go back to 4.0.3 (official one from Huawei).

I have followed the guide to downgrade, changing the IMEI and using the bootloader to go to the latest offical version. Everything was fine, all went really smooth.

I have used my phone for 2 days, did all the restore (including the IMEI of course) for my apps and data.

However, I have restarted my phone and it's stuck on Huawei logo screen, I can't do anything with it, could someone please help :-( ?

Thanks

That's far away from bricked phone.If you have recovery, then flash rom.zip with it.If you don't have it, put dload folder on root of your SD card and then power up your phone while holding volume up+volume down (hold all buttons on phone while powering).You should use the same rom that you booted succesfully on (judging by your post, thats 4.0.3).And you need external sd card, not the internal one.

Guest hypnose95

Thanks for your answer Aport, as it's the official ROM I don't have access anymore to the recovery mode. I forgot that I have deleted the UPDATE.APP file from the dload folder, it's now reinstalling.

However, it's normally ok to delete the dload folder from the sdcard no?

Guest hypnose95

OK now I am having a different issue, I put the dload folder on the SD card, press VolUP+DOWN, and it starts loading the new rom BUT it's stuck at around 30/35%. I have tried with the official ROM 4.0.3 and 2.3.6 it does the same, any idea anyone? I need my phone back :-( please

Guest hypnose95

Thanks Aport and wrtease, but I don't have CWM anymore as the last one that ran on my phone is the official 4.0.3 it must have deleted CWM I can't go to recovery mode anymore. I am going to try 4.0.4 and see what it does.

Guest hypnose95

I have tried this already, can't go into recovery but when I plug it in I can hear the USB sound on my PC, the bootloader can't boot on a non-UPDATE.APP file, is there any way we can convert the 4.0.4 files into an UPDATE.APP?

Guest wrtease

what operating system do you have .well its the other way then you the middle downgrade dload folder .then delete it. then run the dload ics folder b926 .then see what happens .

Guest wrtease
Guest hypnose95

Just checked the content of my dload folder and I have a log file called sd_update.log there is the content:

filename = /mmc1/dload/update.app

dload_sd_chk_file_data->f_read-if failed!

dload_sd_chk_file_data failed!

Guest hypnose95

Now trying with the official rom 4.0.3 and I get in that log:

call RCV_MODULE_END_EVENT failed,module = CRC

CMD=0xf,moduleaddr = 0xe8000000, len_tmp=0x1b

I can't find anything in goodle about these entries.

• 5 months later...