Buying from China?

Guest trueno2k

Guest trueno2k

I just thought I start a thread relating to buying smartphones from chinese e-tailers such as fastcardtech, merimobiles & the likes...

First off I have been doing some googling and I haven't come across a huge amount of postings from forums in the US and UK ( such as here & XDA and the likes ) about these chinese sellers, so, here I am asking for some opinions and advice?!...

For people who have experience buying Chinese smartphones:

1. Where you got your smartphone from?...

2. What experience you had with shipping and import tax?...

3. The experience you had with the service from this seller?...

4. Whats the experience like with after sales service?...

5. Would you recommend them?...

These are just my initial thoughts and queries!... So, I might come up with other questions to ask... And, you're welcome to contribute any other information I might be interested to know as well!...

Look forward to reading what you have to say... And, thanks for posting/commenting... ;)

Edited by trueno2k

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest newbie2012

Hi just got hold of my new phone starn9589 quad core mtk6589 only 1gig ram and 4 gig ROM 5.7 HD screen phone is well made and fast smooth fells nice to use I got it from aliexpress Sandra's n store good service she put it down as sample on shipping bill so no tax to pay and shipped via DHL 3 days with tracking number she is helping me find a way of rooting phone as the only way at the moment leaves the phone in Chinese is apps etc but all in very good phone for the cash 1 year warranty but if you root kiss that goodbye if anyone has found a root please let me know cheers