Photo

Explained like you're 5: Install custom ROMs from scratch, install the official ICS update, root & more

• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

lnvbovo

lnvbovo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:g300+

Thanks for the help. The g300+ is an OZ version - 850/900/2100Mhz. Would have got a g300 if I could find one :unsure:

I have root already. Just to check - you're saying to skip unlocking the boatloader and going straight to steps 17-21 on page 6 of the guide (installing CWM). Is it possible to do this when I'm still stuck on baseband 109808? The guide (page 5) says:

Do NOT skip this page or you may end up bricking your phone!

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,474 posts

No - skip the "like you're 5" tutorial's way of doing bootloader unlocking as it does an unofficial unlock which can result in 3G reboots.

Back then that was the only way to unlock the bootloader but there is a much better way now.

Unfortunately some of the info/links/guides/tutorials posted here are out of date and not up to speed with more recent ways of doing things.

Instead refer to the link that I posted for details of how to do an official ICS bootloader unlock using a code from Huawei or using DC Unlocker (may not work for everybody).

Bootloader unlocking must be done on stock ICS.

The link that I posted should be a good pointer to where to find the info to root, unlock bootloader, install CWM/TWRP, install ROM etc.

Hope this helps.

Edited by dalyer, 27 December 2013 - 04:53 PM.

lnvbovo

lnvbovo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

OK. Think I've got it. Upgrade to stock ICS, get bootloader unlock code from Huawei, then install CWM/TWRP.

Thanks again.

MODS: maybe unpin this guide now that it's out of date?

Edited by lnvbovo, 27 December 2013 - 05:23 PM.

smweb

smweb

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Devices:Ascend G300

+1 to this

lnvbovo

lnvbovo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I'm running in circles now. The stock ICS update guide  has the same step that failed for me - page 5. The middle update doesn't work.

There are no OTA upgrades available either.

If no one else has any ideas on how to update, I may need to return the g300+ and keep looking for a g300.

feival

feival

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire

Help. I am really confused. I have rooted my G300 and have installed CWM 6.0.1.2. I tried to update the firmware using this file cm-11-20140316-NIGHTLY-u8815 but when it is installing it gets to "Installing Update" and then I get a message "set_metadata_recursive: some chagnes failed". At that point the process is stuck. The phone eventually reboots into CWM but there is no way to actually to actually get the phone to boot normally. It does display the normal boot logo but that is it - it just goes straight into the boot menu :(

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,474 posts

Help. I am really confused. I have rooted my G300 and have installed CWM 6.0.1.2. I tried to update the firmware using this file cm-11-20140316-NIGHTLY-u8815 but when it is installing it gets to "Installing Update" and then I get a message "set_metadata_recursive: some chagnes failed". At that point the process is stuck. The phone eventually reboots into CWM but there is no way to actually to actually get the phone to boot normally. It does display the normal boot logo but that is it - it just goes straight into the boot menu :(

You used the wrong CWM. See here:

http://www.modaco.co...-2#entry2179964

(Not sure why you posted in this thread by the way?!?)

mythb

mythb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G301
  • Twitter:@mythbrk

Hi I have g301 my baseband 19808 and ı cant upgrade with for g300 UPTADE.APP how ı can upgrade 2030 ? And sorry dumb questions but whats different 2030 or 19808? gsm frequance ?

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,474 posts

I was never clear about compatibility (or otherwise) between G300 ROMs and G301.

However I presume that stock update.app ROMs from Huawei are not transferrable between the two?

Which would mean that the stock G300 B952 in this tutorial will not work on the G301.

But maybe I'm wrong.

Are you sure that this tutorial is relevant to unlocking the G301 bootloader?

There are a few threads here that mention G301 in case they shed any light on this issue?

Google "modaco g300 g301" as the site's own search is not great in my experience.

For what it's worth the only stock update.app for the G301 available from Huawei seems to be this:

http://consumer.huaw...ex.htm?id=15541

And it's not a dumb question about the differences between the two basebands (unless I'm also dumb! :D). 

I've never seen it explained what they are.

But I don't think that it's frequencies as I suspect that's more down to the RIL (Radio Interface Layer).

Here's one thread but it doesn't really clarify that much:

http://www.modaco.co...6918-basebands/

Hope this helps.

mythb

mythb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

I was never clear about compatibility (or otherwise) between G300 ROMs and G301.

However I presume that stock update.app ROMs from Huawei are not transferrable between the two?

Which would mean that the stock G300 B952 in this tutorial will not work on the G301.

But maybe I'm wrong.

Are you sure that this tutorial is relevant to unlocking the G301 bootloader?

There are a few threads here that mention G301 in case they shed any light on this issue?

Google "modaco g300 g301" as the site's own search is not great in my experience.

For what it's worth the only stock update.app for the G301 available from Huawei seems to be this:

http://consumer.huaw...ex.htm?id=15541

And it's not a dumb question about the differences between the two basebands (unless I'm also dumb! :D). 

I've never seen it explained what they are.

But I don't think that it's frequencies as I suspect that's more down to the RIL (Radio Interface Layer).

Here's one thread but it doesn't really clarify that much:

http://www.modaco.co...6918-basebands/

Hope this helps.

Thank you for information

g301  same g300 without appearance.Unfortunately only gingerbread firmware aveilable for g301

I use slimv13 with cwm, works good.But I need 2030 for other roms oc kernels eg.. and I dont know how I can :/

rhen

rhen

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Devices:Pulse, G300

Thank you for information

g301  same g300 without appearance.Unfortunately only gingerbread firmware aveilable for g301

I use slimv13 with cwm, works good.But I need 2030 for other roms oc kernels eg.. and I dont know how I can :/

If it really just the appearance, I think that you can update with G300 update.app.

But your phone will be identified as G300 from that moment.

I just think this because you can use U8818 update.app on U8815 but your phone will be identified as U8818. (both number is a version of G300)

So it may work with G301 (U8816) too.

Edited by rhen, 29 May 2014 - 05:08 PM.

GApps package for CM11: [link] (last updated 2014-11-21)

For non device specific issues, use CM bug tracker: [link]

Don't afraid to use the rep_up.png button if my answer was helpful.

mythb

mythb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

If it really just the appearance, I think that you can update with G300 update.app.

But your phone will be identified as G300 from that moment.

I just think this because you can use U8818 update.app on U8815 but your phone will be identified as U8818. (both number is a version of G300)

So it may work with G301 (U8816) too.

Yes, now ı have slim and my phone(g301 u8816-1) identified as G300 and no any problem. But ı try update.app(for g300) update failed :/

I guess there's nothing to do

Edited by mythb, 29 May 2014 - 06:52 PM.

rhen

rhen

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Devices:Pulse, G300

Yes, now ı have slim and my phone(g301 u8816-1) identified as G300 and no any problem. But ı try update.app(for g300) update failed :/

I guess there's nothing to do

The installation can be failed because yourboot loader too.

Have you tried this? [link]

Edited by rhen, 29 May 2014 - 08:39 PM.

GApps package for CM11: [link] (last updated 2014-11-21)

For non device specific issues, use CM bug tracker: [link]

Don't afraid to use the rep_up.png button if my answer was helpful.

mythb

mythb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

The installation can be failed because yourboot loader too.

Have you tried this? [link]

I read I have not hynix and I dont understand, bootloader unlock-relock-lock for what.Samething ı flashed roms with 2030 but no sim card. Bootloader unlock for this? Sorry ım newb this issues

I try normal g300 update.app and (g300 update.app as a 1.Kb) nothing can be chanced 

Only this work for my http://consumer.huaw...ex.htm?id=15541

Edited by mythb, 29 May 2014 - 10:04 PM.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,474 posts

If the G300 is basically the same as the G301 and you are on stock GB then the bootloader should be inherently unlocked and bootloader unlocking is irrelevant here.

I don't know if/why it's not possible to flash G300 ROMs on the G301 if they are basically the same.

I don't know why Huawei only provide a stock GB download for G301.

What exactly are you trying to do and ultimately aim for?

It's not clear to me.

If you are happy with GB and the 19808 baseband then why not just use it.

Or maybe try GBXTREME (arguably the best GB ROM for G300 around right now) assuming that it will install?

To be honest I think that GB is best on the G300.

And you don't get any obvious benefit from using the 2030 baseband.

mythb

mythb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

If the G300 is basically the same as the G301 and you are on stock GB then the bootloader should be inherently unlocked and bootloader unlocking is irrelevant here.

I don't know if/why it's not possible to flash G300 ROMs on the G301 if they are basically the same.

I don't know why Huawei only provide a stock GB download for G301.

What exactly are you trying to do and ultimately aim for?

It's not clear to me.

If you are happy with GB and the 19808 baseband then why not just use it.

Or maybe try GBXTREME (arguably the best GB ROM for G300 around right now) assuming that it will install?

To be honest I think that GB is best on the G300.

And you don't get any obvious benefit from using the 2030 baseband.

Yes true GB is fastest smoother but Havent good feature. Only ı want 2030 for some roms u know some roms need 2030 baseband

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,474 posts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users