Photo

Explained like you're 5: Install custom ROMs from scratch, install the official ICS update, root & more

• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

camtrix

camtrix

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:mini pulse
Boot ok
root ok
clock work doesn`t work just hangs looking for device any help please
from post 40

Edited by camtrix, 12 September 2012 - 11:51 AM.

discosteve

discosteve

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, my 5 year old son (soon to be 6 so i'd better hurry up!) is going to help me with putting ICS on my G300 but has a question:

Can I go from B886 (U8815V100R001C185B886) - standard on my vendor un-locked phone - straight to B934 ICS. If so, I assume just follow steps 1 - 6. And is step 7 just for installing custom ROM's that have been created - non official Huawei?

The detailed screen shots are really great and fingers crossed it should all go well. Thanks in advance to beggin and anyone who helps out with the above...

Stephen

beggin

beggin

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Hi, my 5 year old son (soon to be 6 so i'd better hurry up!) is going to help me with putting ICS on my G300 but has a question:

Can I go from B886 (U8815V100R001C185B886) - standard on my vendor un-locked phone - straight to B934 ICS. If so, I assume just follow steps 1 - 6. And is step 7 just for installing custom ROM's that have been created - non official Huawei?

The detailed screen shots are really great and fingers crossed it should all go well. Thanks in advance to beggin and anyone who helps out with the above...

Stephen

Hi Stephen. Follow pages 1 - 5 as you still need to root (required for IMEI backup) and backup your IMEI as a precaution. Also, instead of downloading the B934 update, download the newer B936 from Dazzozo's server: http://g300.thebrona...R001C02B936.zip

I haven't updated the guide to B936 yet because I'm still uploading it to my server and it's taking some time.

I'm working on a official ICS update guide, but as I said it's basically the same as pages 1 - 5 on installing a custom ROM.

Edited by beggin, 12 September 2012 - 03:18 PM.

beggin

beggin

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Boot ok
root ok
clock work doesn`t work just hangs looking for device any help please
from post 40

How long does it hang on waiting for device? What OS are you using? Have you tried plugging it in to a difference USB port? Have you tried restarting your computer?

If it still doesn't work, delete the old ClockworkG300.exe and download this new ClockworkG300.exe

Edited by beggin, 12 September 2012 - 03:38 PM.

beggin

beggin

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Hi Beggin,

Firstly thank you for this, interestingly for me I wasn't able to Root the phone with Windows 7 32 or 64 bit edition initially on the default Huawei image using the .bat file. I used Paul's method instead. Once the phone was rooted I backed up the IMEI and then flashed the Huawei image (B934) from their website.

After the phone loaded with the new image I was able to use the .bat files that provided with no issues at all. Root worked perfectly as did unlock boot loader and install CWM. Perhaps there is an issue with with the default image you don't see once you have installed another firmware?

Anyway thank you once again for the tutorial it is very well done and easy to follow.

John

Hi John, thanks for this. Some people seem to have problems with the included root method for Gingerbread phones, but it worked for me and others. I will update the pre-ICS root method to Paul's as this seems to work for everyone.

flor90

flor90

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Hi. Thanks for all your hard work with this guide. I just wanted to ask you if you could do the same thing with downgrading from ICS to stock GB.And another noob question:WIll I be able to update OTA to the new ICS when releeased if I install a stock Vodafone UK GB ROM, even if my carrier is Vodafone RO?

beggin

beggin

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Hi. Thanks for all your hard work with this guide. I just wanted to ask you if you could do the same thing with downgrading from ICS to stock GB.And another noob question:WIll I be able to update OTA to the new ICS when releeased if I install a stock Vodafone UK GB ROM, even if my carrier is Vodafone RO?

Hi, there's a really good detailed downgrade guide by timethrow over here - http://www.modaco.co...with-downloads/. I know it looks messy on a forum but it's very in depth.

As for your second question, most likely. I can't see a reason why you wouldn't receive the OTA update.

Edited by beggin, 12 September 2012 - 07:21 PM.

flor90

flor90

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
@beggin: thank you very much for your answers.

camtrix321

camtrix321

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:ascend g 300
Beggin tried new clockwork g300 still the same tried on win7 64bit and lap win7 32bit
just hangs searching for device

Edited by camtrix321, 13 September 2012 - 07:56 AM.

Russ_uk

Russ_uk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300 & ZTE Crescent

tried new g300 still the same tried on win7 64bit and lap win7 32bit

Which means.......??

"Water which is too pure has no fish" - Ts'ai Ken T'an

tonycoates2003

tonycoates2003

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Speaking as a retired college lecturer, I really am impressed with the guide on this thread. It is well written and accurate and informative, you cant ask more than that.

When I first found this web site I was well up for "playing" with my phone, particularly with the volume concerns. Since trying various ROMs and ending up with pages of Chinese icons, I was on the verge of throwing my phone.

Then I discovered this thread, followed it, learned that you use the home button to accept CWM options and not the power button. I am now running with B934, no Chinese icons, and all of the Google apps now working again.

One very happy Android device, and me.

Thanks to all who have worked to make this thread/project a success.

tonycoates2003

tonycoates2003

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Speaking as a retired college lecturer, I really am impressed with the guide on this thread. It is well written and accurate and informative, you cant ask more than that.

When I first found this web site I was well up for "playing" with my phone, particularly with the volume concerns. Since trying various ROMs and ending up with pages of Chinese icons, I was on the verge of throwing my phone.

Then I discovered this thread, followed it, learned that you use the home button to accept CWM options and not the power button. I am now running with B934, no Chinese icons, and all of the Google apps now working again.

tonycoates2003

tonycoates2003

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Scorf

Scorf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Ascend G300 - Onda VI 40
Hi,

Thanks for this post.

I'm trying to update to Infusion ICS custom Rom, but I'm experiencing some issues with your tutorial.

1 - My G300 is a French one, from Bouygues Telecom, U8815, GB 2.3.6, 109808 Baseband, B893 Build.
2 - I already Rooted it, installed a CWMrecovery and backed up my IMEI (not with your method, but done and well done)
3 - I thought I could start your tutorial at step "My baseband is 109808" (page 5 of 8), but maybe I was too optimistic
4 - I did every step right, but when I tried to update from my SD Card, it started and unpacked (step 1), but then failled to install the B936 (step2).
5 - My "quick boot" in "app setting" is unthicked. Could my issues come from here ?

Thanks for answering, and sorry for my english...

-------------------------------------------------
Before any questions, Have you tried to turn it off and on again ?
ZTE Blade - M95 V1.8 HP + Addons android 2.3.5
AINOL NOVO 7 Advanced ... Android 2.3.4 Firmware 1.7.2 - Root + Full market (Mr Tasselhoff's script)
ZT 280 C71 - F ... Android 2.3.4 Firmware 1.3 Cyanogen - Root
AINOL NOVO 7 ELF ... ICS 4.0.3 - Root + Full market (Fix)
VI30 Deluxe ...
ICS 4.0.3 + Full market (Fix)
Huawei Ascend G300 - ROOT - Stock Rom - ICS or JB soon
VI40 Elite 16Go ... CM10 Jelly Bean 4.1.1 (Nightly 13/09/12)

wrtease

wrtease

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Interests:TESTING ANDROID MOBILES TO THE LIMIT
    ALWAYS READY TO TRY OUT ANY ROM AND MOBILE TO THE LIMIT
  • Devices:SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB2 & S1 8GB
  • Twitter:@none
you use the downgrade package also known as the middle dload ,then use the b926 ics dload and that should be okay ,cant say as i dont no what operating system you have,best results are from win 7

Scorf

Scorf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

you use the downgrade package also known as the middle dload ,then use the b926 ics dload and that should be okay ,cant say as i dont no what operating system you have,best results are from win 7

I'm running Win 7 - Will try you solution.

Thanks

AINOL NOVO 7 Advanced ... Android 2.3.4 Firmware 1.7.2 - Root + Full market (Mr Tasselhoff's script)
VI30 Deluxe ...

wrtease

wrtease

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Interests:TESTING ANDROID MOBILES TO THE LIMIT
    ALWAYS READY TO TRY OUT ANY ROM AND MOBILE TO THE LIMIT
  • Devices:SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB2 & S1 8GB
  • Twitter:@none
good luck .

Scorf

Scorf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thx

VI30 Deluxe ...

Gabriel94

Gabriel94

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Moto G
I succesfully rooted my phone, for the first time, and having root is an awesome thing.
I'm at step 5/8 right now and its installing the ICS update :) hope it works so far no errors.

Proud Owner Of a Motorola Moto G
arzw.jpg

MeatGrowBrain

MeatGrowBrain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hmm I got to the re-root section problem free, however I can't get the RootG300.exe to work. When cmd opens the root process begins but then I just get a series of "error: device not found" and it exits.

Any advice?

Edited by MeatGrowBrain, 14 September 2012 - 08:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users