HOW TO RESTORE VODAFONE BLOATWARE AND TOGGLES

Guest frazer19

Guest frazer19

Just wondering how you guys could help me in returning the vodafone apps and toggles, as i downgraded to gb again as ics is to sluggish for my liking any help would be appreciated

i downgraded from b934 to b892 but no toggles or vodafone apps appear

there was no vendor app in the zip file downloaded from the huawei site

thank you :)

Did you take a look at the stickies? The info/rom is there in the title of one of those stickies

I guess not :rolleyes:

Just wondering how you guys could help me in returning the vodafone apps and toggles, as i downgraded to gb again as ics is to sluggish for my liking any help would be appreciated

Have a read here & look at the FAQ's:

[GUIDE] Upgrade and Downgrade the G300 between GB, ICS and JB with downloads.

Or here:

Original factory ROMs from Huawei

Edited by Russ_uk

I am pretty sure that B892 comes with a vendor file update.app.

Have you flashed it ??

Guest ScutulatusCrotalus

There is no need for vendor update.app.

I have restored vodafone bloatware and notification toggles by:

What I needed to have - original IMEI, downloaded UK ROMs

1) I was on B936, force flash method by putting update.app into dload folder did not work, so I restored IMEI downloaded here on forum (almost did the same here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fHCqgv3Erj-IOAHssv20sxVMaphQJiVr3hebq9oQHNo/edit?pli=1).

2) Flashed UK Vodafone ROM B885.

3) Restored my original IMEI

4) Flashed middle update.app (I think there's no need to flash middle update.app, I did not know that I was going to UK ROM, I flashed it and it did work)

5) Flashed Vodafone UK B892 (there are two versions of B892, one is not UK - for U8818, and one is UK - U8815) without vendor update.app

6) phone booted with notification toggles and vodafone stuff

There is no need for vendor update.app.

I have restored vodafone bloatware and notification toggles by:

What I needed to have - original IMEI, downloaded UK ROMs

1) I was on B936, force flash method by putting update.app into dload folder did not work, so I restored IMEI downloaded here on forum (almost did the same here https://docs.google....QHNo/edit?pli=1).

2) Flashed UK Vodafone ROM B885.

3) Restored my original IMEI

4) Flashed middle update.app (I think there's no need to flash middle update.app, I did not know that I was going to UK ROM, I flashed it and it did work)

5) Flashed Vodafone UK B892 (there are two versions of B892, one is not UK - for U8818, and one is UK - U8815) without vendor update.app

6) phone booted with notification toggles and vodafone stuff

It all depends on what rom youve flashed and what you backed up your imei on, 9 times out of ten if you dont have the toggles, flashing the vendor app with the rom it came with wll return the toggles

Guest ScutulatusCrotalus

It all depends on what rom youve flashed and what you backed up your imei on, 9 times out of ten if you dont have the toggles, flashing the vendor app with the rom it came with wll return the toggles

I did it like 10 times? Maybe more? It did work with "flash not my own IMEI > flash UK B885 > flash my original IMEI > flash UK B892 "

Guest frazer19

Hey guys thanks for all your help I have returned my vodafone bloatware by flashing b892 with modified imei then root again to restore my original imei I backed up when I first got the phone which contains the vendor app I believe. Thank you :)

Guest frazer19

The official Huawei roms do not come with the vendor app, everyone I've downloaded only contain the dload so its handy to have the original imei back up as it contains the vendor app

Edited by frazer19

Malthus there is a stock Vodafone uk rom in the stickies as I suggested. The information is all over this site as its asked regularly.

I'm aware. But, like I said, frazer19 quite clearly says in his original post that he already restored to the stock ROM.

Guest Davidoff59

Yes but the info is already covered hence the stickies and the search section. Its been asked many times.

I helped by pointing out where info could be found and you have just nit picked my comments.Where is your answer to his question?

Is it? If the info is already covered how come no-one knows what his problem is? Those guides seem to be detailing how to downgrade to Gingerbread, this guy is saying he's done that and is still having problems. Therefore I was just pointing out that saying "read the stickies" isn't very helpful as he's already done that and clearly says so. I don't know if he's used the wrong ROM version or missed something out, or what exactly. But those would be better avenues of investigation rather just parroting "read the stickies" pointlessly. Didn't mean to get sidetracked into a debate about it.

Guest frazer19

Hi guys I did already downgrade to gb on official huawei b892 its just when I downgraded there were no vodafone apps toggles but I believe when I restored my original first imei back up they returned thanks guys for all your help and comebacks with great answers :)

Guest Davidoff59

This rom restores it to how it came from Vodafone and I have used it myself. Its one of the stickies.

No where in this post does it say that he read the stickies.

The vendor.app can be got from any official gingerbread rom, official not leaked. B882, B885 for example. B892 was an update,not a full rom so there was no vendor app as Huawei thought you should already have all the stock apps and toggles so they weren't included.

Like I said, its all been covered.Have a read for yourself.

Guest Davidoff59

This is off B926 rom so I have no idea whether it will work with the rom you are on.

Its the only one I have available on my laptop. I have renamed it to .zip so will need renaming back to .app if you want to install it. It is untouched by me and what I have posted is what is in B926 rom

UPDATE.zip

Back up first and be aware that I have no idea what this wll do with your rom or whether it will work as intended so no warranty is given or implied. Use entirely at your own risk.

Its been mentioned that the size is small as it just activates what is already built in to the rom.

Edited by Davidoff59