Jelly bean for SD

Guest boristhespie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hilarious as it is that dec1153 has been banned. I do wish to talk about this thread some more now that we have ICS...

Is there any news on Jelly Bean at all? Everything seems to have gone quiet on that front.

Edited by Ribs85

Guest BlueMoonRising

Hilarious as it is that dec1153 has been banned. I do wish to talk about this thread some more now that we have ICS...

Is there any news on Jelly Bean at all? Everything seems to have gone quiet on that front.

How do you manage to get banned from a site such as this?

How do you manage to get banned from a site such as this?

Easy:

1. Start 15 new threads in one evening, all of them saying nothing what-so-ever (one of his thread titles was "Home", and the text "sweet home", and that's it)

2. Constant bullshitting the whole time, saying dumb things like Jelly Bean being "confirmed" without citing any sources.

Load up his profile, he's in the "banned" group...

Guest Simon O

This is old news and leaks won't help as they are signed with engineering keys so they won't install or boot on our phones. Believe me we tried when we found ICS ROMs in the past.

Guest Simon O

I haven't heard anything but I expect to see an update from Xolo first. Intel ported JB not long after the source was made available and I did read somewhere that they have updated to 4.1.1 - possibly even 4.1.2 now since the changes are minimal. Because Intel push a lot of it's own code upstream this has the benefit that the Android on our devices is basically AOSP (Android Open Source Platform). In theory if we had fully unlocked devices we could download and build the entire OS from source. Infact, Motorola have published all it's changes for the RAZRi as it's slightly different from the reference platform and these changes are made to be pasted over a download of ICS 4.0.4 from AOSP.

So yes to Jelly Bean. Who knows about anything else (4.2, 5.0 etc). depends on Intel.

BTW for those interested.. the kernel on our phones is almost stock code. Which is nice if we ever got the ability to unlock the bootloader to allow us to use our own kernels.

Guest hecatae

This is old news and leaks won't help as they are signed with engineering keys so they won't install or boot on our phones. Believe me we tried when we found ICS ROMs in the past.

question, are the ics and gb roms all signed with the same key, could it be cross referenced?

Guest vermat17

The razr i processor is the same as ours - an az210 but at 2GHz? Why isn't ours like this at stock?

The razr i uses an intel atom z2460, according to gsmarena. I think I also read somewhere that it was overclocked to 2GHz...

I haven't heard anything but I expect to see an update from Xolo first. Intel ported JB not long after the source was made available and I did read somewhere that they have updated to 4.1.1 - possibly even 4.1.2 now since the changes are minimal. Because Intel push a lot of it's own code upstream this has the benefit that the Android on our devices is basically AOSP (Android Open Source Platform). In theory if we had fully unlocked devices we could download and build the entire OS from source. Infact, Motorola have published all it's changes for the RAZRi as it's slightly different from the reference platform and these changes are made to be pasted over a download of ICS 4.0.4 from AOSP.

So yes to Jelly Bean. Who knows about anything else (4.2, 5.0 etc). depends on Intel.

BTW for those interested.. the kernel on our phones is almost stock code. Which is nice if we ever got the ability to unlock the bootloader to allow us to use our own kernels.

Isn't it contradicting coming from intel to not be willing to unlock the bootloader and yet having a public repo of there sources for that device. There could just have pass them to xolo and orange internally. what's the point of that?

Second thing, when the phone came out I know paul had an official statment from orange to about bootloaders. Did intel did the same thing? I wasn't arround at that time.

Isn't it contradicting coming from intel to not be willing to unlock the bootloader and yet having a public repo of there sources for that device. There could just have pass them to xolo and orange internally. what's the point of that?

Second thing, when the phone came out I know paul had an official statment from orange to about bootloaders. Did intel did the same thing? I wasn't arround at that time.

I believe it's Orange and Xolo that have chosen the locked bootloader (which might be supplied by Intel, I don't know)

Intel are usually pretty good with the whole openness thing. But they understand the market; carriers want locked bootloaders.

On the subject of the source: i do believe Android is gpl? (could be wrong here... The kernel is gpl at least) So they have little option but to release the source.

• 2 weeks later...