[MOD][PORT][PRE-ALPHA]BootMENU for BLADE[UPDATED]

Guest android@sam

Guest android@sam

Hello guys!!!I have tried to port bootmenu from defy.It ported successfully,but with some bugs!!!

NOTE:

THIS MOD IS EXPERIMENTAL AND IS IN PRE-ALPHA STAGE.

FOR ADVANCED USERS ONLY!!!!

Installation instruction:

• Download the package from the link given below
  • Extract it somewhere on your sd-card
  • You will need app like ES file explorer or root explorer and mount the system with rw permissions
  • Copy the bootmenu folder to the /system folder(Have to copy manually.Dnt know why it doesnt work with flashable zip.Will fix soon!!!)
  • Copy the files from the bin folder to /system/bin folder
  • Download attached userinit.sh.txt file and rename it to userinit.sh and copy into /data/local/ folder
  • And you are ready to rock and roll!!!Just reboot to boot into bootmenu(If everything goes right)
  • Screen will be inverted.Use vol + and - key to scroll through and use power button to select
  • For now,Dual booting is not working.Working hard to get it working.
  • To boot into recovery,Go to recovery option and select stock recovery
  • To boot into system go to boot and select normal boot.

Download link : BootMENU for Blade

Working:
    • For now,it just boots and some features like boot into recovery,normal boot.enable usb storage works.

Not working:

[*]Everything else like dual booting overclocking etc.Working hard to get it working.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO REPORT BUGS!!!!

userinit.sh.txt

Edited by android@sam

Guest android@sam

We've already been able to do that for quite a while. This is more for having an boot menu at startup to choose what we can boot.

This boot menu starts at the time of boot.And also has the option for dualbooting,overclocking etc.

Guest android@sam

try it but no boot menu on my blade , i make exactly what you wrote , any other try it and works ??

OK.First try it with the terminal emulator. Open the terminal and type following commands:

su

bootmenu

and report back what you get.

and report back what you get.

ok now it works BUT the boot menu its up side down (180 degrees) the good thing is that works .

the first time i was on Swedish-Snow-RLS7 and it didnt work now im on KonstaKANG and it works with the above problem (the same thing happens when i run "bootmenu" from terminal it rotates the menu 180 degrees

Edited by lost2

Guest android@sam

ok now it works BUT the boot menu its up side down (180 degrees) the good thing is that works .

the first time i was on Swedish-Snow-RLS7 and it didnt work now im on KonstaKANG and it works with the above problem (the same thing happens when i run "bootmenu" from terminal it rotates the menu 180 degrees

I have compiled it from the source.Now dual boot works but screen is still upside down.will update the thread soon.

Guest tilal6991

Put ro.sf.hwrotation=180 in the default.prop.

That won't work. This is a bit like the upside down recovery situation. You need to build it from source and manually turn the screen upside down using the hal.

That won't work. This is a bit like the upside down recovery situation. You need to build it from source and manually turn the screen upside down using the hal.

Ahh, well i haven't looked into the bootmanager but i do know how to fix it in recovery. ;)