• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

mack_

mack_

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Interests:Im a techy who tests phones to the max!!
  • Devices:Xperia SP
Well so far so good, im using chrome to type this and hasn't crashed yet.... I will give it a good hammering ina bit
No bugs to report, and finally the stock email app lets me sign into hotmail, i hated the app on play store

I was once a noob like you.... until i bricked my G300. ^_^
If i helped you or you just like my topic/post ,give me some rep with the green button

nsmacd1

nsmacd1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Devices:Vowney (Verne) V5 & G300

im just going to restore my previous backup (B934) and flash over it

I'm going back to B936 at the moment and may try to re-flash with the full wipe to see if it changes the WiFi

Edit - From what I've seen there is no noticeable difference between B940 and B936, so I'll probably just stay on the original ROM unless anyone points out any major improvements with this ROM

Edited by nsmacd1, 14 September 2012 - 10:18 PM.

Currently using:-

Posted Image

sedj

sedj

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
You really need to wipe to make sure of no conflicts, its not hard to TT restore what you need as you go along.

mack_

mack_

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
Well i played around with it abit and ill probably keep it till monday,but looks like im going to back to infusion

If i helped you or you just like my topic/post ,give me some rep with the green button

b4da55

b4da55

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Well so far so good, im using chrome to type this and hasn't crashed yet.... I will give it a good hammering ina bit
No bugs to report, and finally the stock email app lets me sign into hotmail, i hated the app on play store

Has anyone known any other "official" releases with chrome on

mack_

mack_

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Has anyone known any other "official" releases with chrome on

i dont think so..spooky
im going to go through the build.prop and see if anythings changed significantly...two secs
cant really see any thing that grabs my attention in there,maybe if Daz/Tillaz have a chance to look at it....

Edited by mack_, 14 September 2012 - 10:31 PM.

saiem1

saiem1

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Technology, ICT, Android
  • Devices:Moto G (4.4.2 UK RETAIL)
  • Twitter:@Saiem1337
-

Edited by saiem1, 14 September 2012 - 10:26 PM.

ursman

ursman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend g300
so.....from what i read so far there is no change between B934 and B940? vissually i suppose? what about the RAM usage? Also the same or better?

saiem1

saiem1

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
slightly laggy

saiem1

saiem1

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
in my opinion b934 is smoothest

b4da55

b4da55

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

i dont think so..spooky
im going to go through the build.prop and see if anythings changed significantly...two secs
cant really see any thing that grabs my attention in there,maybe if Daz/Tillaz have a chance to look at it....

If you flashed this through cwm as opposed to dload would you be losing anything? As in would you be laying it over the top of old rom instead of putting a new one down. Hope that makes sense

nsmacd1

nsmacd1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Devices:Vowney (Verne) V5 & G300
Just updated (again!) from 936 to 940 after doing full wipes in CWM and the WiFi is now working.

Even after full wipes and using the set-up wizard, some of my apps are still there, wallpaper is still the same and WiFi passwords etc are still set up.

Currently using:-

Posted Image

mack_

mack_

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

in my opinion b934 is smoothest

slightly laggy

i agree its not the fastest we have had but it works better and i think they are starting to make some headway in getting ICS working perfectly...why it took them so long we'll never know,but i do know that this might be the most stable build so far

mack_

mack_

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

If you flashed this through cwm as opposed to dload would you be losing anything? As in would you be laying it over the top of old rom instead of putting a new one down. Hope that makes sense

the only reason i didnt use the update.app is because im too lazy to go through the whole bootloader unlock and root process and then having to flash CWM aswell...so i just grabbed the zip and superuser and made a back up,flashed it and now im playing around.

PS with the full update.app,you lose everything ..apps, contacts and settings...but nothing on the sdcard

Edited by mack_, 14 September 2012 - 10:43 PM.

saiem1

saiem1

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
B940 is fast though

b4da55

b4da55

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

the only reason i didnt use the update.app is because im too lazy to go through the whole bootloader unlock and root process and then having to flash CWM aswell...so i just grabbed the zip and superuser and made a back up,flashed it and now im playing around.

PS with the full update.app,you lose everything ..apps, contacts and settings...but nothing on the sdcard

Same as that. All i was wondering was whether installing via cwm is not installing it fully affecting performance presuming the new rom is better.

mack_

mack_

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
Well i lost the Huawei weather clock for good, flashed it through CWM and its a no show...good thing i bought the beautiful widgets app along time

mack_

mack_

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Same as that. All i was wondering was whether installing via cwm is not installing it fully affecting performance presuming the new rom is better.

well it really depends, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesnt but most people would say that it is better to do it the official way...

sedj

sedj

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
you guys really do not know what you are doing!!!

A flash is a flash, its the wiping that matters.

Edited by sedj, 14 September 2012 - 11:12 PM.

DartLizzard

DartLizzard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:8815
Gentlemen, just to keep you informed: subj 940 originates from Belarus, local mobile operator velcom. Of course, a locked version for contract phones.
My way of getting (but not of installing – I’m satisfied with 2.3.6 I’v got now) the firmware (update?) that you’re discussing: 2.3.6. (ver. B891) – local update to 2.3.6. (ver. B895) – firmware (update?) 4.0. (B940). That’s it. Why (update?) ? Local forum threads about the 8815 having some doubts on the completeness of the update provided by the operator, many people think that it is not a real firmware update, but just some changes that should be installed on the basis of the correct version of 2.3.6. Though nothing to do with it, I’m still thinking that it is worth mentioning.
Well, good luck in debugging all this stuff!
P.S. Special thanks to Topic Starter for prompt reaction!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users