[ROM][NEW YEAR UPDATE!] FAST & SMOOTH ★B952★ ♛JELLY★CREAM★SANDWICH♛ 31/12/2012

Guest krishang3

Guest fillwatertank

i join to the post before: cyda's stock b944 (the rom with miui security) is far the best base for custom roms. im curious what could you do with that.

mmm the b944 jelly cream. that would be precious :)

nice work anyway bro! ty

Guest TangerineTractor

OK, flashed this this morning. Was a bit vary to be honest. Stock 944 and Stock+ 944 are much faster than 936...

So, on reboot, I got a complete lock up when I turned on wifi, but after a battery pull, all has been fine. Overclocked to 1.2 using nofrills, same settings as stock+. It's all working very slick and smooth. Possibly slicghtly slower than stock+944, but nothing that would make any difference.

At last a rom with apex as the preinstalled launcher, and the default ICS camera, which is far better than the huawei app. ANd no google apps, which I always uninstall - so it's almost a prefect base rom for me. WOuld be nice to have an ad-blocked dns preinstlled, but easy enough to stick on rom toolkit and do it that way I guess.

As an apex user, I have my preferred settings, but if you are new to apex, try changing or turning off the activity animation in behaviour settings - some of them can be slowish and make the device seem slower.

Love the boot animation.

So in conclusion, I'm gonna run with this for a while - but I'd love to see these same enhancements addes to a 944 base - 944 is stable, and deninitely snappier than 936. If you could do that, this would blast everything else out of the water.

Guest TangerineTractor

i join to the post before: cyda's stock b944 (the rom with miui security) is far the best base for custom roms. im curious what could you do with that.

mmm the b944 jelly cream. that would be precious :)

nice work anyway bro! ty

Just posted the same thing. Get this on a 944 base PLEASE!!!!

Guest fillwatertank

some addition: holo launcher is only 0,9 MB and is totally feature rich as nova prime. i turned off animation(i always do everywhere) and its lightning fast. take a look on that.

Guest krishang3
some addition: holo launcher is only 0,9 MB and is totally feature rich as nova prime. i turned off animation(i always do everywhere) and its lightning fast. take a look on that.

If you are looking into mobints development I'd recommend using holo launcher HD as its optimized for android 4+

Guest TangerineTractor

If you are looking into mobints development I'd recommend using holo launcher HD as its optimized for android 4+

Had a look at Holo HD - works well, but not quite as feature rich as Apex, which I always go back to... for example, I have no dock on my screen, and set a double-click on the desktop to launch the app drawer - it's nice and neat and slick, but you can only do it in Apex!

Guest TangerineTractor

Overclocked to 1.229 seems stable - any higher gave random reboots.

This ROM also has the same issue as Stock+ (but not infusion) in that you can't set swype keyboard as default if you still have the stock android keyboard installed - solution is to install and enable swype, then uninstall stock and reboot.

Overclocked to 1.229 seems stable - any higher gave random reboots.

This ROM also has the same issue as Stock+ (but not infusion) in that you can't set swype keyboard as default if you still have the stock android keyboard installed - solution is to install and enable swype, then uninstall stock and reboot.

I have Touchpal and I could not set it as default from the "normal" keyboard settings. Instead I opened the Touchpal "app" from the menu and found the option to set it as default. Maybe this applies to swype as well.

I am satisfied with this Rom but till now I didn´t find any remarkable improvements over 944+oc, if any. On the same note I doupt that basing on 944 will make any difference.

I think I´ll leave "ROM-hopping" until CM9 comes out.

I have Touchpal and I could not set it as default from the "normal" keyboard settings. Instead I opened the Touchpal "app" from the menu and found the option to set it as default. Maybe this applies to swype as well.

I am satisfied with this Rom but till now I didn´t find any remarkable improvements over 944+oc, if any. On the same note I doupt that basing on 944 will make any difference.

I think I´ll leave "ROM-hopping" until CM9 comes out.

+1 yea cant wait for cm9 i just wish razo would give us an idea on eta..

Guest TangerineTractor

If Base 944 is faster than base 936, and this is a fast 936, then why wouldn't you expect it to be any faster on a 944 base? Or are you saying that the differences between 936 and 944 are what have been added to 936 in here, so this is effectively 944? I'm just intrigued to know the difference between 936 and 944 and why the 944 based roms are faster.

If Base 944 is faster than base 936, and this is a fast 936, then why wouldn't you expect it to be any faster on a 944 base? Or are you saying that the differences between 936 and 944 are what have been added to 936 in here, so this is effectively 944? I'm just intrigued to know the difference between 936 and 944 and why the 944 based roms are faster.

I think we can never know what the differences really are and what was "fixed" and why some countries get 936 and some 940 and some 944. We never got a changelog...

Guest krishang3

Also apex is preferably one of the best launchers. Full jb code layout ... loads of customization settings and not sluggish.

So you tell me guys should I base this on b944 or not, and why should I rebase it if needed?

Guest gredawarha

Just installed this and so far very happy. Many thanks

One question. Can I remove the calender app that is default as I will want to install google calender?

Guest krishang3

Just installed this and so far very happy. Many thanks

One question. Can I remove the calender app that is default as I will want to install google calender?

what you should do is remove calendar.apk from System/ and then install the new calendar app:) in system/

Guest shpibrazz

I used Infusion from the beggining, while paitently waiting for the dazz's cm10...and now i accidently came across this rom. Is it better than infusion ?

better - faster, stable, customizable etc?

thanks in advance!

Guest krishang3
I used Infusion from the beggining, while paitently waiting for the dazz's cm10...and now i accidently came across this rom. Is it better than infusion ?

better - faster, stable, customizable etc?

thanks in advance!

As a dev I cannot say this rom is better... but others opinions are okay..

hello krishang3! great rom! Can't wait to try your B944 based rom. I have a question.... Can you please tell me how can i add toogles to this rom and also can i flash the bravia engine from tillaz? keep up the good work

Guest TangerineTractor

hello krishang3! great rom! Can't wait to try your B944 based rom. I have a question.... Can you please tell me how can i add toogles to this rom and also can i flash the bravia engine from tillaz? keep up the good work

Use Power Toggles for the toggles - it's more configurable than stock stuff anyway.

What benefit does the Bravia engine give? I have noticed no difference, and Infusion ROMs are slower than this or stock 944, so perhaps it's something not necessary?

I've never installed bravia. I only read about it and how it can improve the camera quallity. I'll give it a try and do a before and after picture and return to you with my feedback