PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,219 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Motorola have announced the second Intel Medfield equipped device to hit the UK, following on from the Orange San Diego, the RAZR i.

Packing a 2GHz single core chip with HyperThreading (which Intelorola claim out-performs multi core CPUs from their rivals) into it's 8.3mm thick body, the RAZR i shares a lot of it's design with the previously announced RAZR M. Touted as the 'full-screen smartphone that fits in the palm of your hand' due to it's Super AMOLED Advanced 4.3-inch qHD display that spans from edge-to-edge with virtually no border, the RAZR i comes in at a size that's arguably more manageable than it's 4.5"+ competitors without compromising greatly elsewhere on the spec sheet.

As seen on the San Diego, Intel optimisations mean an instant-launch 8-megapixel camera that can load in less than a second via a dedicated camera key. A multi-shot mode lets you snap 10 pictures in less than a second. The camera has backside illumination and High Dynamic Range (HDR) capabilities, to help ensure a great shot even in challenging lighting conditions. Photos are stored on 8GB of internal storage that is expandable via microSD.

The RAZR i ships with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich with an upgrade to Jelly Bean to follow (hopefully in a timely fashion!). The bootloader will be unlockable 'where operators / markets allow' which is both promising and concerning at the same time. :D

Like it's other RAZR siblings, the i is designed with premium protective materials - a diamond cut aircraft-grade aluminium frame surrounds the display, which is made of Corning Gorilla Glass. On the back, RAZR i is coated with KEVLAR. The device is also protected with a splash-guard coating—even on the electrical boards inside.

Battery wise, the phone has a 2000mAh unit aided by the SmartActions battery savings software we have seen on previous devices.

The Motorola RAZR i will be available in black beginning in October in select European and Latin American markets including the U.K., France, Germany, Argentina, Brazil and Mexico with more to be announced. A white version (woohoo!) will also be coming to select markets.

I have to say, I rather like the look of it and look forward to trying it! Finally, a Motorola device to love again...? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC6X9azWHuw

Posted Image

Click here to view the item

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

razzmataz1478

razzmataz1478

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts
  • Interests:Flashing ROMs, Being distracted by my skate
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
<br>...

I like how the screen is almost the full width of the body, good design. Why waste potential screen estate *cough*iPhone*cough*?

Posted Image

Current Phone:

Xperia T

Previous Phones:

Orange Monte Carlo

Nokia 5530 XpressMusic (Nokia C6-00 CFW)

Sony Ericsson v640i

Nokia 3120

Various other Nokia phones.

Not the best history of phones Posted Image

giveen

giveen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak 7 and Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@giveen
I am really curious about performance.

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Huawei U8150
Reckon it'll be pretty good but not top end.

If you like my work or if I helped, click the Plus button.

razzmataz1478

razzmataz1478

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts
  • Interests:Flashing ROMs, Being distracted by my skate
  • Devices:ZTE Skate

Reckon it'll be pretty good but not top end.

I'd agree with you on that.

Posted Image

Current Phone:

Xperia T

Previous Phones:

Orange Monte Carlo

Nokia 5530 XpressMusic (Nokia C6-00 CFW)

Sony Ericsson v640i

Nokia 3120

Various other Nokia phones.

Not the best history of phones Posted Image

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,219 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
The RAZR M I played with in the US was a real interesting device. The software was decent too...

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego, OSF
I was waiting for this launch before upgrading but the specs are relatively high for my budget (£200) so plumped for the San Diego (which due to problems with topcashback ended up costing me £161 so can't really complain).

The Motorola looks nice though never used one before. Are they known for putting much bloatware on their phones?

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Matthew 23:12

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users