[ROM] Glowing Liquid 1.5.2

Guest vache

Glowing Liquid 1.5

home.jpg draw1.jpg draw2.jpg draw3.jpg pulldown.jpg settings.jpg power.jpg

1308770565_add_16x16.gifAdded/Modded :

1308770206_arrow_right.gifBased on Acer_E330_1.036.02_EMEA_FR (Android ICS 4.0.4)

1308770206_arrow_right.gif Rooted (SuperUser 3.2)

1308770206_arrow_right.gif O/C up to 1.3Ghz

1308770206_arrow_right.gif Insecure boot (to allow adb remount)

1308770206_arrow_right.gifBusyBox v1.19.4-wraithdu

1308770206_arrow_right.gif Kernel tweaks

1308770206_arrow_right.gif Data/internet tweaks

1308770206_arrow_right.gif Overall speed tweaks

1308770206_arrow_right.gif Zipalign apps at boot

1308770206_arrow_right.gif Optimized lowmemkiller settings

1308770206_arrow_right.gif Optimized Apps to reduce memory usage

1308770206_arrow_right.gif V® and Simple IO scheduler (SIO as default)

1308770206_arrow_right.gif Intellidemand, smartassV2, lazy, lagfree CPU governors

1308770206_arrow_right.gif Tweak ondemand and interactive governors CPU governors

1308770206_arrow_right.gif Updated most Apps (Market, Maps, Youtube, Gmail...)

1308770206_arrow_right.gif Quick Settings Panel in notification bar

1308770206_arrow_right.gif Advanced Power Menu

1308770206_arrow_right.gif Battery %

1308770206_arrow_right.gif Centered clock on lockscreen

1308770206_arrow_right.gif Added some ringtones and notification sounds

1308770206_arrow_right.gif Disabled many useless debug

1308770206_arrow_right.gif Huge system cleanup

1308770206_arrow_right.gif Added Google Now

1308770206_arrow_right.gif Kernel updated to 3.0.31 using CodeAurora jb_chocolate branch

1308770206_arrow_right.gif Disable/Remove useless kernel code (Thanks Acer for providing such crap sources)

1308770206_arrow_right.gif OTA Update using Update me

1308770206_arrow_right.gif Added VoltageControl to manage O/C, schedulers and governors

1308770206_arrow_right.gif Added AntTek File Explorer

1308770206_arrow_right.gif Init.d support

1308770206_arrow_right.gif Bunch of build.prop tweaks

1308770206_arrow_right.gif And the forgotten things...

1308770482_trash_16x16.gif Removed :

Too many to list them

Download Link (1.5.2 Full)

WIPE BEFORE INSTALL

Update for 1.5 (no need to wipe) : ftp://94.23.233.147/Smartphones/Liquid%20Glow/ROMs/Glowing_Liquid-1.5_1.5.2.zip

- Check Post #2 for changelog -

If you like it, feel free to donate some cudos btn_donateCC_LG.gif

Edited by vache

Guest TheOmen187

Het vache,

First let me say thanks for your hard work on this.

Your defenetly the first to create a custom from for this lovely phone.

Some problems I have.

-my phone freezes on some apps and makes me have to remove the Batt to reboot. When it reboots it doesn't boot to android, instead it shows the msg: failed to boot os. Boot to fast boot instead. Most of the times I have to repeat this 2or 3 times to finally boot correct.

Oc is not the problem since I had the problem with and without overclocking.

I saw you on xda replying about cm9. How this going?

Anyway some advice about my problems would be great.

Guest acer5233

Hi :)

Can you tell me what is wrong with WIFI. Its keep turning on and turning on again ... unsuccesfull. I think that is a bug .

How to fix it. I did full wipe, clear cache, install rom again by CWM and flying mode etc.

What to do next ?

Kind Regard

Greg

Het vache,

First let me say thanks for your hard work on this.

Your defenetly the first to create a custom from for this lovely phone.

Some problems I have.

-my phone freezes on some apps and makes me have to remove the Batt to reboot. When it reboots it doesn't boot to android, instead it shows the msg: failed to boot os. Boot to fast boot instead. Most of the times I have to repeat this 2or 3 times to finally boot correct.

Oc is not the problem since I had the problem with and without overclocking.

I saw you on xda replying about cm9. How this going?

Anyway some advice about my problems would be great.

Could you give me some example of apps ?

Hi :)

Can you tell me what is wrong with WIFI. Its keep turning on and turning on again ... unsuccesfull. I think that is a bug .

How to fix it. I did full wipe, clear cache, install rom again by CWM and flying mode etc.

What to do next ?

Kind Regard

Greg

Providing logs may help to fix this ;)

Guest TheOmen187

Could you give me some example of apps ?

Thanks for your quick reply. ^_^

Some examples are:

-Google Maps (not everytime but removed it anyway since I don't really need it)

-GT Free (after a min or two it just freezes)

-Snowboard (same as above)

-Youtube (happend one or two time only)

-Picture Frame Widget "name is chinese on GooglePlay" (happens everytime I need to crop an image for the frame)

Do you think it has anything to do with the launcher and other apps that I run in background?

Like GoLauncher, GoSMS and Exdialer?

Btw I have changed my LCD density to 200 but I don't remember if the problem happens before that. Can you tell me what the original density is? I kind off forgot :(

Will see if the problem still exist after restoring..

Hope you can fix this cuz everything else about this rom is awesome ! :D

Edited by TheOmen187

I'll make some test on my device with your apps. An other user reported similar issue on some games.

I made big changes in the kernel, i'm pretty sure it's because of that. (especially graphic part, and the phone seems to freeze on high GPU/CPU.)

I'll give you news soon.

Edited by vache

Guest TheOmen187

@ TheOmen187 : This kernel should avoid freezing > ftp://94.23.233.147/Smartphones/Liquid%20Glow/Custom_Kernel.zip (flash with recovery)

Ok so I flashed the new kernel now and its looking good so far

Will be testing this all day and let you know how it turns out.

Thank you so much for this.

Two questions,

Will you be updating this rom further? like adding more functions to it (CM9 based ones I mean)

Or are you going to try to completly port CM9 for our phone?

Guest TheOmen187

Ok so playing games did not cause a freeze at all and plays smooth enough so that's great!

Problem I now have is as soon as I overclock it imidiatly freezes and reboots. Which is follows by ththe second problem.

Second problem is that it still doesn't reboot correct and gives me the fastboot error message again. So again I need to remove the batt...

Am I the only one having this? If so I wcan try completely reflash the from and see if that helps..

Ok so playing games did not cause a freeze at all and plays smooth enough so that's great!

Problem I now have is as soon as I overclock it imidiatly freezes and reboots. Which is follows by ththe second problem.

Second problem is that it still doesn't reboot correct and gives me the fastboot error message again. So again I need to remove the batt...

Am I the only one having this? If so I wcan try completely reflash the from and see if that helps..

Ok so now i know exactly what's wrong with the kernel.

I'll make an update soon to fix that ;)

I have been watching this project very closely. Looks perfect for what I need.

Is there a link to the stock ROM however? Just in case I ever decide to need to reflash back to the stock ROM?

Thanks!

Guest TheOmen187

Wow Vache, thank you so much! Just did the update and everything is supersmooth, even overclocked to max (1300mhz) and still very stable, haven't had a freeze or force close at all, not even playing some heavy games.

So thank you very much for you hard work!! ;)

Question, Any chance you can add T-mobile ThemeChooser ? Changing themes is the only thing I miss and that would make your rom superb imo.

Anyway thanks again!

Wow Vache, thank you so much! Just did the update and everything is supersmooth, even overclocked to max (1300mhz) and still very stable, haven't had a freeze or force close at all, not even playing some heavy games.

So thank you very much for you hard work!! ;)

Question, Any chance you can add T-mobile ThemeChooser ? Changing themes is the only thing I miss and that would make your rom superb imo.

Anyway thanks again!

I don't think it can be use without recompiling ROM to support it.

If you point me on some theme of your choice, i can make some update package and provide them as addon.

Guest Serjlee

Hello Vache, thank you very much for your effort with this phone, I doubted it would get any love from the android community.

I registered to this forum basically only to give you some feedback :D

I tried this rom for a while and i'm really happy about it, it's quick and functional. Still i switched back to stock rom for the following reasons:

- In 1.5 i suffered from some 3G issues, they got fixed in 1.5.2 but now Wi-Fi randomly starts disconnecings and reconnecting non-stop with no apparent reason, until reboot (this is the only real issue that bothers me, actually)

- The Amazon App-Store (at least the Italian one) has some weird rendering issue: scrolling around make trails of everything, making the text unreadable (if you need it, i could reflash the phone and take a picture or a short video of the issue)

- Still a fastboot reverting crash on 1.5.2, playing Osmos HD with no OC (could be the intellidemand governor? i didn't tested enough.)

I hope this doesn't look like a complain, i'm really grateful for your work, keep up with it!

Also, bonus quick question: what is your thought about V6 supercharger on your rom? (On stock it looks like actually enhancing the phone responsiviness, but your rom is already bolt-quick, so i did not tried.)

Edited by Serjlee

Hi, have installed this rom and its great, i do however have a request, is there any chance of including UK english as a system language?

I'll try to find it in another Acer ROM. It should be included in next version.

Hello Vache, thank you very much for your effort with this phone, I doubted it would get any love from the android community.

I registered to this forum basically only to give you some feedback :D

I tried this rom for a while and i'm really happy about it, it's quick and functional. Still i switched back to stock rom for the following reasons:

- In 1.5 i suffered from some 3G issues, they got fixed in 1.5.2 but now Wi-Fi randomly starts disconnecings and reconnecting non-stop with no apparent reason, until reboot (this is the only real issue that bothers me, actually)

- The Amazon App-Store (at least the Italian one) has some weird rendering issue: scrolling around make trails of everything, making the text unreadable (if you need it, i could reflash the phone and take a picture or a short video of the issue)

- Still a fastboot reverting crash on 1.5.2, playing Osmos HD with no OC (could be the intellidemand governor? i didn't tested enough.)

I hope this doesn't look like a complain, i'm really grateful for your work, keep up with it!

Also, bonus quick question: what is your thought about V6 supercharger on your rom? (On stock it looks like actually enhancing the phone responsiviness, but your rom is already bolt-quick, so i did not tried.)

Thanks for your feedbacks ;)

You're not the first one with these wifi issue. If you flash again the ROM, please provide logs. Since i don't have this bug it's hard to fix.

About Amazon, could you provide the APK, like that i'll be able to test.

And about fastboot crash, the governor may be in fault. I didn't test each of them really deeply. I choose ondemand, the best for me for good battery life and performance. I'll test the game on my device.

About SuperCharger, it may help a bit, i kept some tweaks from it.

Edited by vache

Guest Serjlee

Today i tried to reproduce the wifi bug and, sadly (figuratively speaking), i could not. I didn't have much time to spare, later in the weekend i will try again, after a full titanium backup restore and a full day of regular use. Last time took like 15 minutes to reproduce, though.

Anyway the amazon appstore bug is easily reproduced: just log in the app (even using random e-mail/password), the page will refresh and start showing the bug. See attached picture.

Here is the apk: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15310368/AmazonApps-release.apk

Thank you for your advices, by the way!

post-995138-0-77305700-1349445645_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Serjlee

Hello again, after a full week of regular use the wi-fi bug never appeared. Black magic fixed the issue.

I flashed several times before the last one, wiping everything everytime and restoring apps and data everytime, and this time the always-present issue just vanished. No apparent reason.

I'm really happy with this rom, is nearly perfect now but I'm sorry i couldn't help whose continue to get this issue. I'll post again if the bug ever reappears.

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic ROM! Been using it for a while now. However, I do have an issue when charging. The backlight doesn't turn off. Is there a fix for this? Also, how easy is it to move the clock back to the right of the notification bar?

Guest TheOmen187

Fantastic ROM! Been using it for a while now. However, I do have an issue when charging. The backlight doesn't turn off. Is there a fix for this? Also, how easy is it to move the clock back to the right of the notification bar?

There is an option on to turn that off.

Go to Settings/Development Settings uncheck Stand-By option.

Hopes this helps ;)

Glowing Liquid 1.5

Hey vache, just wondering if your still planning on porting CM9 to our beloved phone.

Or MIUI would also be nice :D

Edited by TheOmen187

I would also like to know how to restore the clock to the original position, as regards the rom, i run this on my work phone which gets only a little use, and the battery lasts 4 days at a time. awesome, and rock solid stable too.