• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

lupohirp

lupohirp

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

You can skip this step. It's usefull only when building android, not when compiling kernel only.

problem is that after compile kernel....i've replaced the zImage and it doesn't work even with official acer sources. there's something wrong with some devices but ramdisk is the same of custom_kernel.zip (and that kernel works on all devices). vache did you have source of custom_kernel.zip? sources of your github doesn't worked :(

Feel free to

Posted Image

goddeex

goddeex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:Acer E330 Liquid Glow
Hello,

I start a new thread for kernel compilation.

I have some other problems.

Merci vache

vache

vache

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • Devices:Acer CloudMobile
  • Twitter:@vachounet

problem is that after compile kernel....i've replaced the zImage and it doesn't work even with official acer sources. there's something wrong with some devices but ramdisk is the same of custom_kernel.zip (and that kernel works on all devices). vache did you have source of custom_kernel.zip? sources of your github doesn't worked :(

Try this one : http://vache-android...l_backup.tar.gz

I used Acer sources but fixed many errors.

Bogy1980

Bogy1980

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Acer E330 Liquid Glow
i have 'error could not do normal boot, reverting to fastboot'

My original rom was v1.030.2_CUS2 (which should be on your ftp as CUS2_V1.030.2.ZIP); i'm having an EU device (i live in Belgium) and this isn't my first phone i'm flashing with custom a rom; have a wildfire and a galaxy ace too (both CM7)

Any solutions for this issue? (eg should i better install 1.5.0 and then upgrade to 1.5.2 or something like that?)
I guess the kernel updates are already present in 1.5.2 so doing them apart won't help?

edit: it seems i cannot use the 'original' upgrade_acer.zip which is contained in CUS2_V1.030.2.ZIP to revert my phone back to original settings; it's saying this:
archive does not contain 'android-info.txt'
archive does not contain 'android-product.txt'
error: update package has no android-info.txt or android-product.txt

anyone advice now?

consider problem solved after flashing GL 1.5.2 again (so flashed same rom 2x) and then it booted when i removed any sd cards..

Edited by Bogy1980, 21 January 2013 - 12:44 PM.

Acer computers suck, their phones are great! Running Acer E330 Liquid Glow

MrVanes

MrVanes

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
Vache (or anyone knowledgable): I'm hitting the storage ceiling often on this device and I was wondering if creating an ext partition to store apps on my SD would help on this ROM. And if so, do I need to make it bigger than the original storage size (replace), or are they combined together in some way?
I know apps can be moved to SD, but I've moved them all, and it's still crowded. It's especially chrome browser that bugs me with it's 50Mb install size.

Liquid A1/S100 & latest LiquidNext

MrVanes

MrVanes

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
Never mind, found the answer and it's working (with ext4 part and link2sd).

Liquid A1/S100 & latest LiquidNext

neptunel

neptunel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:acer liquide glow e330
Hello everybody, I am a new member in this forum, and I really need to root this rom. I have tried to download, but it has been removed.
Please I need the files to install the glowing liquide in my terminal, because i have read that is a wonderful job and that works better than stock.

I hope someone could help me, because this is the only way i can find to get better my phone.

:( :( :( :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users