BBC iplayer and Adobe AIR on x86 devices

Guest punjabi

Guest punjabi

You can still use iplayer through the website with the desktop box ticked.

I'm trying to do that with chrome but it keeps directing me back to installing the BBC Media player?!

Guest rochitka

Guys, what Adobe Flash version do you use? It's been modified to work with the OSD I think I read? Anyone tried it on the Razr I? (I am willing to, got hold of a Razr I today - am deciding whether to keep it or not!)

Guest BlueMoonRising

Guys, what Adobe Flash version do you use? It's been modified to work with the OSD I think I read? Anyone tried it on the Razr I? (I am willing to, got hold of a Razr I today - am deciding whether to keep it or not!)

It's 11.1 from a virgin Xolo ICS install.

Guest rochitka

It's 11.1 from a virgin Xolo ICS install.

...which is the update.zip linked here I presume?

http://www.modaco.co...ctly-for-noobs/

Edit: looks like I am barking up the wrong tree here aren't I, it's not going to be as simple as finding a modified apk file... In the update.zip I see a 9MB libflashplayer.so file in system\lib\plugins\com.adobe.flashplayer, which I have no idea what to do with. And a FlashPlayer.apk file which is only 80KB from system\app

Edited by rochitka

Guest BlueMoonRising

...which is the update.zip linked here I presume?

http://www.modaco.co...ctly-for-noobs/

Edit: looks like I am barking up the wrong tree here aren't I, it's not going to be as simple as finding a modified apk file... In the update.zip I see a 9MB libflashplayer.so file in system\lib\plugins\com.adobe.flashplayer, which I have no idea what to do with. And a FlashPlayer.apk file which is only 80KB from system\app

Do you not already have Flash on the Razr i?

• 2 months later...
Guest waj1234

I have xolo ics on mine and the app dont work due to the media player not installing.

However I just installed ics browser+ and set it as desktop in settings and the desktop version of iplayer works perfect on this browser. It says not compatible on stock browser and chrome says download flash when set to desktop view.

Thought this would help those wanting to use iplayer and thought you couldn't.

Guest punjabi

I have xolo ics on mine and the app dont work due to the media player not installing.

However I just installed ics browser+ and set it as desktop in settings and the desktop version of iplayer works perfect on this browser. It says not compatible on stock browser and chrome says download flash when set to desktop view.

Thought this would help those wanting to use iplayer and thought you couldn't.

Thanks for the heads up. How's the video quality through the browser, any good?

Guest waj1234

Thanks for the heads up. How's the video quality through the browser, any good?

it looks pretty good to me. it flashes to a black screen once buffered and goes sharper.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest MrPuddington

No they Wont

Top 10 disappoinment of 2012 was intel phones and nfc...... read it in the mag

I would add Android updates and BBC iplayer to the list. Many big Android manufacturers promised better and faster updates for 2012 - and did anything change? No.

Guest Ced_Gee

I still cant get iplayer to work in the browser despite trying all the suggestions in this thread. It keeps coming up with the 'you need to install flash' message each time.

Is there anything else I can try?

Guest topcat07
I still cant get iplayer to work in the browser despite trying all the suggestions in this thread. It keeps coming up with the 'you need to install flash' message each time.

Is there anything else I can try?

may sound daft but is flash installed

Guest Ced_Gee

may sound daft but is flash installed

Yes 11.1 is installed but strangely enough it was disabled for some reason. I enabled it and it's all working now, thanks.