Which version are you guys using?

Guest novadragon849

Guest novadragon849

Hello

With all the different roms out there I was wondering which one you guys are using i.e. official ICS or custom ICS or JB etc.

This could be quite an interesting poll related thread..

:D

Guest TangerineTractor

I've tried all of them, stock and custom. I've been running flavarooo on B936 base since Friday, and it's the fastest, cleanest, most stable (in fact completely problem free) rom I've tried to date.

Guest novadragon849

I've tried all of them, stock and custom. I've been running flavarooo on B936 base since Friday, and it's the fastest, cleanest, most stable (in fact completely problem free) rom I've tried to date.

Thats interesting. I personally run infusion's latest build of which I like a lot. Can I just ask why you prefer flavaroo's one more? Is there something wrong with infusion's latest build? I'm not saying that its bad but I have never tried it and I may give it a whizz if its good.

Guest TangerineTractor

it's just faster, smoother.

I had a couple of reboots on infusion. none yet on this. it's running all my favorite apps perfectly.

also, I'm getting my best ever phone signal... infusion was ok, but the other roms including stock ones, seemed to give a poorer signal, until this one.

Guest kiteboywales

Hoping to root and flash to my first custom rom this week sometime and the choice is so confusing - first android device too so all a bit new at the mo - good to see what people recommend

Guest bladebuddy
it's just faster, smoother.

I had a couple of reboots on infusion. none yet on this. it's running all my favorite apps perfectly.

also, I'm getting my best ever phone signal... infusion was ok, but the other roms including stock ones, seemed to give a poorer signal, until this one.

That doesn't even make sense as its based on a stock rom.

The only difference is its been striped and a different boot animation and a few other things , none of which will improve phone signal from stock.

Guest droiddruid

That doesn't even make sense as its based on a stock rom.

The only difference is its been striped and a different boot animation and a few other things , none of which will improve phone signal from stock.

This!

Just the placebo effect methinks.

Guest TangerineTractor

May well be, but it certainly has not crashed any apps or randomly reboots, and it's running the same apps. I'm also getting four or five bars during at my desk where I was getting one or two before. so if it is a placebo, I don't really care. as far as I'm concerned is the fastest must stable Rom I've tried.

Guest timethrow

Using the B926 baseband with B934 installed with all Huawei and Google Apps installed and the all important dictionary fix.

Personally I think B934 is the best out of all the official firmwares available.

Guest bladebuddy
May well be, but it certainly has not crashed any apps or randomly reboots, and it's running the same apps. I'm also getting four or five bars during at my desk where I was getting one or two before. so if it is a placebo, I don't really care. as far as I'm concerned is the fastest must stable Rom I've tried.

Have you tried stock B940 which I think (maybe wrong) this rom is based on.

I Have flashed this rom but I see no improvement to my stock B940 rom stripped and slightly tweaked.

As I live in an area with a poor signal I have tried every app / tweak to improve it. All off which is not included in this rom.

And I still find that stock B940 gives better benchmark results.

post-955381-13484363812322_thumb.jpg

Guest TangerineTractor

stock 940 crashed on the phone app and gave a poor signal when I tried it when it was first released.

there is something strange, as everyone seems to get different results from different roms. I think it's just a case of what works best for you...

having said that, I might try blasting stock 940 again then.

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest TangerineTractor

OK, I tried stock 940 again, and WOW!!! Faster than any of the others... I'm getting a pretty good benchmark, probably similar to flavaroo, but it is definitely snappier.

The only issue I've had is that Apex launcher stopped working today after a developer update, so I've switched to Nova.

Guest TangerineTractor

And I still find that stock B940 gives better benchmark results.

What are you using for benchmarking? Antutu? And what is running to get that score? I get 3150ish...

Guest Colossae3.23

Yep, folks should really run a custom benchmark and untick the sdcard

How do you do that Tater? Do just use Antutu, but simply run the test with sd card unticked? Or, is it something else? I've always wondered what quadrant is. Cheers

Edited by Colossae3.23