Samsung starts Galaxy S III Jelly Bean rollout

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Samsung have started rolling Google's latest and greatest version of Android - Jelly Bean - to Galaxy S III devices.

Kicking off initially in Europe (it appears Poland was graced with the honour of being the first territory to receive the update), the rollout schedule will see the update hit generic (non operator branded) devices first.

The firmware itself (PDA I9300XXDLIB CSC I9300OXFDLI1 MODEM I9300XXDLIB) is also available for manual flashing via ODIN for the impatient, courtesy of SamMobile.

Enhancements in the new release include Jelly Bean features such as 'project butter' smoothness, improved rich notifications and Google Now, plus enhancements from Samsung such as new homescreen modes, resizable pop-up play screens and more.

I've flashed my Galaxy S III and it all looks great... let us know your thoughts on the update below!

[Via: SamMobile]

Click here to view the item

Guest Carbonize

I'm currently running Wanamlite which is based on Dl8. Does the final release fix the transparency issue in Apex and Nova launchers mainly seen when transitioning between home screens?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.