Acer Liquid Gallant Duo - Bricked at boot time

Guest frakie

Guest frakie

I wonder why is not there a stock or original ROM available anywhere! It can be useful for everybody, since it would allow to restore the device in case of problems...

Guest carlettob72

I wonder why is not there a stock or original ROM available anywhere! It can be useful for everybody, since it would allow to restore the device in case of problems...

I agree...original stock ROM is needed.....I'm downloading the gaspare94 file...how do you use it exactly?

Thanks

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Houston, we've got a problem here!

I tried to load it but now it doesn't even turn on...

If I plug the cable to the pc I just get the blue led on...

OMG...

A friend has bricked his Duo by trying to change the launcher. I don't know what he did, but the phone hanged after the Acer logo.

I tried a wipe, and a reinstall with a fresh rom from the vache site, but nothing worked, same as you frakie.

Once I got the emergency mode by trying removing battery and pressing the bottons, but nothing else worked (adb wasn't poping in the emergency mode), but I only had it once. I was unable to reproduce it :wacko:

So, he has sent the Duo to the consumer support ... let's see.

Guest cmachado0

Hello to all

Tuturial to flash :D

Good news for all i flash mine to factory mode and is working perfect

Go to this site http://vache-android...ual SIM/EMEA_FR download the sd card update ,then go back here

http://vache-android.com/?dir=Smartphones/Liquid%20Gallant/OS%20Images/

and get on beta the dual sim the flash tool and the usb drivers

on beta/dual/Acer_AV041_E350_1.000.14_WW_GEN1 dowlnload ll the files one by one and put then on the same paste (the txt cant be download so copy what is inside and make one on pc the put the same name file MT6575_Android_scatter_emmc.txt.)

now he go to flash the phone.

All the process the phone are OFF

1 -install usb the drivers on pc turn off the phone take out the battery then plug in the same and plug to pc go to my computer /properties/harware/usb controller

then you find there acer e350 click on right mouse button and upgrade the divers.

2-Now he go to flash the phone,open the flash tool go to Scatter-Loading chose the file MT6575_Android_scatter_emmc.txt (remember all the 17 rom files need to be on the same paste) now on the flash tool you click on Download then appaers a error message say ok and on main bord will apper in red DSP-BL forget that too :D

now with the phone off take out the batery put the battery inside again and plug to usb cable the flash tool start to flash the phone take about 5 minutes in the end of flash you will see a green square and said ok .

3-After the flash turn on the phone (you can see on setting have a beta version)now is time to put then on factory mode :D

Turn off the phone put a sd card with the file sdcard_update_Acer_AV041_E350_1.000.08_EMEA_FR.zip the will will go to recovery mode(power +vol up) and chose

upgrade from sd card,after the phone finish the upgrade you can check on setting the version .

The phone is on factory mode again,all process take aboute 10 minutes.

Sorry about my english

Any dout just ask......

Regards

Hello to all

Tuturial to flash :D

Good news for all i flash mine to factory mode and is working perfect

Go to this site http://vache-android...ual SIM/EMEA_FR download the sd card update ,then go back here

http://vache-android...lant/OS Images/

and get on beta the dual sim the flash tool and the usb drivers

on beta/dual/Acer_AV041_E350_1.000.14_WW_GEN1 dowlnload ll the files one by one and put then on the same paste (the txt cant be download so copy what is inside and make one on pc the put the same name file MT6575_Android_scatter_emmc.txt.)

now he go to flash the phone.

All the process the phone are OFF

1 -install usb the drivers on pc turn off the phone take out the battery then plug in the same and plug to pc go to my computer /properties/harware/usb controller

then you find there acer e350 click on right mouse button and upgrade the divers.

2-Now he go to flash the phone,open the flash tool go to Scatter-Loading chose the file MT6575_Android_scatter_emmc.txt (remember all the 17 rom files need to be on the same paste) now on the flash tool you click on Download then appaers a error message say ok and on main bord will apper in red DSP-BL forget that too :D

now with the phone off take out the batery put the battery inside again and plug to usb cable the flash tool start to flash the phone take about 5 minutes in the end of flash you will see a green square and said ok .

3-After the flash turn on the phone (you can see on setting have a beta version)now is time to put then on factory mode :D

Turn off the phone put a sd card with the file sdcard_update_Acer_AV041_E350_1.000.08_EMEA_FR.zip the will will go to recovery mode(power +vol up) and chose

upgrade from sd card,after the phone finish the upgrade you can check on setting the version .

The phone is on factory mode again,all process take aboute 10 minutes.

Sorry about my english

Any dout just ask......

Regards

Thank you cmachado0. Now it starts, unfortunately only if there are no SIM plugged in. If there are, it freezes on the green acer logo with some strange sparks all around the screen... And now?

Guest cmachado0

hello

Check here you have the link of acer fw

Try to flash one more time if the problem still existing then you have problems on harware not software.

You can send the phone to waranty ,now the phone is on factory rom again :D

Thank you cmachado0. Now it starts, unfortunately only if there are no SIM plugged in. If there are, it freezes on the green acer logo with some strange sparks all around the screen... And now?

Edited by cmachado0