Root has been achieved! Instructions available within!

Guest kn100

CONFIRMED WORKING EXPLOIT FOR ZTE GRAND X

Confirmed working on a ZTE Grand X from Virgin in the UK

Worked beautifully after second attempt - Very happy, donated a few bob to say thanks!

To root follow instructions over at XDA

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1886460

I am officially a happy bunny!

[WARNING] This worked for me but isn't confirmed as it appears to have bricked someones phone. AT YOUR OWN RISK, GENTLEMEN. [/Warning]

Edited by kn100

Guest TouchyAndalou
Confirmed working on a ZTE Grand X from Virgin in the UK ( Bin4ry's exploit)

Worked beautifully after second attempt - Very happy, donated a few bob to say thanks!

Might be worth changing the title of this thread to indicate that root has been achieved?

I don't think I can modify the title as I am not an administrator here. I tried to but I don't seem to be able to [EDIT] Works fine on my laptop

Edited by kn100

Guest hugobosslives

lol people these days. i tell them an answer. and then they claim they found root themselves. credit goes to bin4ry. like i directed you to in the second post.

Guest TouchyAndalou
lol people these days. i tell them an answer. and then they claim they found root themselves. credit goes to bin4ry. like i directed you to in the second post.

Huh? Unless I'm missing something, kn100 gave credit to bin4ry for root (and said he even donated a couple quid to say thanks)

I don't see where he's trying to take credit for himself.

Posts like the above are why I generally avoid forums other than the ones I frequent normally.

Find me one shred where I even attempted to take credit for bin4ry's work -- I didn't even take credit for pointing people in the right direction unlike you. Thanks TouchyAndalou. Just to clarify:

"Confirmed working on a ZTE Grand X from Virgin in the UK ( Bin4ry's exploit)" -- Notice attribution to Bin4ry here, the apostrophe indicating Bin4ry's possession of this exploit

"Worked beautifully after second attempt - Very happy, donated a few bob to say thanks!" -- Notice how I even made a monetary contribution to Bin4ry - further enhancing the fact I am very grateful to him for HIS exploit. Not yours, not mine.

Take that giant hard one right out of where the sun isn't shining and go do something more productive.

Edited by kn100

Guest hugobosslives

woah slow done. no offense meant.

your original opening post was something along the lines of: I need root. Somebody tell me how to root. (wish i'd quoted)

I then told you to try bin4ry's method.

you then changed the opening post to say. you have got root. And directed people to it.

the normal thing to do would be to say thanks for the info and then tell people it worked.

Posts like the above are why I generally avoid forums other than the ones I frequent normally.

Find me one shred where I even attempted to take credit for bin4ry's work -- I didn't even take credit for pointing people in the right direction unlike you. Thanks TouchyAndalou. Just to clarify:

"Confirmed working on a ZTE Grand X from Virgin in the UK ( Bin4ry's exploit)" -- Notice attribution to Bin4ry here, the apostrophe indicating Bin4ry's possession of this exploit

"Worked beautifully after second attempt - Very happy, donated a few bob to say thanks!" -- Notice how I even made a monetary contribution to Bin4ry - further enhancing the fact I am very grateful to him for HIS exploit. Not yours, not mine.

Take that giant hard one right out of where the sun isn't shining and go do something more productive.

now also this last line is completely uncalled for. what does this achieve?

Lets leave at this. Please let this thread be useful for people needing root.

Just to clarify, my original post DID ask for root, you then gave a suggestion to try Bin4ry's exploit. I tried and to my surprise it worked.

Taking the advice of TouchyAndalou - I modified the first post to make it a useful post rather than a useless post asking for root.

I will however modify it thanking you for pointing us in the right direction out of goodwill.

i tried v10 and v11 version of that script, follow the istructions but during reboot give me this message "mount permission denied (are you root )"

and the isn't rooted after reboot

so can someone give me the right istrunctions to root this phone? thanks

It didn't work for me the first time, so I then tried the sony erricson method of rooting the phone which did not work at all and basically made the phone stock ics without google experience. I then master reset the phone from the settings menu, let it boot up, then ran the standard root script (V11 - and not the sony erricson mode the second time) and when it rebooted I was root!

ive taken battory out charged it full left bat out for two days and nothing so my warning is dont trust any thing or any one i will sort this my self and as for bin4rys root program f***k u and f***king kick me off site if u must but this is ment to be a forum that helps ppl and all i have had is take bat out i will sort your f***ked up root my self thanks not

Edited by hso

Guest hugobosslives

ive taken battory out charged it full left bat out for two days and nothing so my warning is dont trust any thing or any one i will sort this my self and as for bin4rys root program f***k u and f***king kick me off site if u must but this is ment to be a forum that helps ppl and all i have had is take bat out i will sort your f***ked up root my self thanks not

lol mate. that is not the way to get help.

you now need someone to develop a custom recovery for your phone that you will be able to flash while in bootloader mode. i doubt anyone is guna do this if you tell them to feck off.

thus, your only hope is:

a. more nice people get the phone and deving takes off.

b. you manage to blag a warranty repair from who ever you bought it from

Edited by hugobosslives