Bad Battery ?

Guest viper357

Guest viper357

Hi everyone.

Is anybody getting 2 days of usage out of their phone? I'm not sure if my one has a defective battery or not, because with extremely limited usage, a few text messages and facebook checks now and again, my battery is down to 30% by about 4pm, and it's really very light usage, is this normal? Compared to my old Xperia X10i, the SD's battery life is really bad, I would have thought it would have been the other way around?

I noticed when I first bought the phone that it wouldn't switch on, meaning the battery was completely dead, I though there would have at least been a little bit of life in there, that was my first thought that the battery may be defective.

The phone is only about 2 months old, if I take it back to the Orange shop will they swop it out for a new one?

Thanks.

Edited by viper357

Guest viper357

Have you ruled out rogue software?

P

Not yet, I'm going to uninstall most apps tonight and see if it helps, but this phone has been pretty bad from new, I just thought it was normal until I started reading reviews and noticed many people were getting a good 2 days usage and I could barely manage one.

Guest BlueMoonRising

No chance my phone will last 2 days....manages a day of fairly heavy use no problems but don't think it would handle 2 days

No smart phone will go beyond "a day of fairly heavy use" (Razr Maxx excepted). I know my OSD lasts longer than my much lower powered OSF, although admittedly the OSF is around 2 years old now and maybe the battery is weakening.