German ICS OTA

Guest da2401

Why do you bet 937? Why not 967 or something several months from now? You obviously think it is imminent. Is that because you think they intend to meet the deadline and release tomorrow or something?

I thought it was probably imminent when B926 first came out. How wrong I was.

Edited by Hogweed

Because 936 got released in one country followed by the next quickly and so on

937 was released in Czech (and can be downloaded now) next is Italy.

Its my opinion.I may be right.... I may be wrong we shall see.either way I probably won't use it as my every day from.

How you thinking a cn version would be for UK.

P.s hope it is released as 963...

I didn't think a Chinese version would be fine for the UK unmodified. It could be used though (and was independently) to build a UK/International ICS. Apart from all the bug fixes there doesn't seem to be anything Vodafone can do now they couldn't have done back then.

Maybe Vodafone will announce no ICS but instead JB by end of Q3 next year - repeat until we've all died of old age.

Seriously though, I just hope the Vodafone UK ICS really benefits from all the time seemingly taken on on it.

Edited by Hogweed

I didn't think a Chinese version would be fine for the UK unmodified. It could be used though (and was independently) to build a UK/International ICS. Apart from all the bug fixes there doesn't seem to be anything Vodafone can do now they couldn't have done back then.

I agree the amount of time and effort not to mention money it must of taken them to get to where they are now must be crazy.they have gone a proper long way round

Wonder why one country gets 936 but a next one gets 937 on the same day.....

different basbands for some country's ?

also different build numbers so huawei / Vodafone know which is which for different country's (keeps things in order)

We've all got same base and ie 2030

Nz 936

Ireland 936

Portugal 936

Czech 937

just because it says 2030 dose not mean they are all the same... (you need to extract it to see its true version)

take B926 for instance... this baseband enables HSPA:11

non of the others do, but all show 2030 baseband, this alone proves they can be different, even though having the same 2030 number

its the same case on my o2x, lots of different basebands but they all show the same number on the phone,

but all work very different depending on your location, its only known they are actually different util they are extracted

No dictionary fixing within B937, as it's almost the same as UK B936. Just unpacked the update.app and compared all files, boot.img is the same (except 128 byte RSA Key ???), system.img has only slightly differences (timestamps of files), amss is the same, custom image is the same ...