ICS OTA Portugal Live!

Guest xZaratustrAx

nice! i'm also portuguese and i'm currently on the repacked official b936. i'm not really in the mood for a downgrade to stock gb in order to upgrade to the official portuguese, so let us know (when you can) how's the rom in terms of performance and so on! obrigado!

Guest xZaratustrAx

Im portuguese xZara. Can you compare the offical uk ics with ics infusion?

=)

Nope. Because I've never flashed other roms. I just waited for the official release. Therefore, I can't compare.

All I can say is that ICS is running pretty well. and I'm lovng it so far.

Czech have got 937

Can you tell us if dictionary is still broken and if you can select options in news and weather pls

I never quite used the dictionary that much on GB. So, please enlight me regarding the actual problem of the dictionary on ICS for me to test it.

Edited by xZaratustrAx

Hmmm, from what I seen from a friend who updated to ICS VF official, it full of vodafone crap (just like GB) and the performance its similar to repacked version one.

We compare the 2 cellphones, mine with infusion and he with the official ICS and the differences are huge.

Ics Inf are much more fluid and dinamyc. We also noticed that ICS VF also consume a bit more battery.

Nope. No red underline here. Apart from the layout changes, typing messages seems pretty much like GB.

Ok what abou turn on gpu rendering in developer options then try news and weather test ^ this resulted in force close on previous builds. Thanks xZaratustrAx

Guest xZaratustrAx

Ok what abou turn on gpu rendering in developer options then try news and weather test ^ this resulted in force close on previous builds. Thanks xZaratustrAx

Nope. Everything is working flawlessly, is quite fluid and no problems whatsoever.

And I've noticed one other thing - In GB, when I was watching a particualr video in MX PLayer, I had to watch it with Software Accelaration because it wouldn't work on H/W, the video kept stoping. And now, after the upgrade to ICS, I can watch it perfectly with H/W. Does this mean that Hardware accelaration is actualy supported by ICS?

Edited by xZaratustrAx

maybe, would be good if someone can upload :)

Edit: Can you (or anyone on this build) please try installing chrome then enter chrome://gpu-internals in address bar

Edited by tcpaulh

Guest xZaratustrAx

maybe, would be good if someone can upload

Edit: Can you (or anyone on this build) please try installing chrome then enter chrome://gpu-internals in address bar

Ok

Then what?

Edited by xZaratustrAx

Guest xZaratustrAx

Found it!!

So,

"Canvas: Software only, H/W accel. unavailable

HTML Rendering: H/W Accel.

3D CSS: H/W Accelrated

WebGL: Unavailable. H/W Accel. Disabled

WebGL multisampling: H/W Accelerated

Problems detected

WebGL has been disabled, bla blah "

Is this what you're looking for?

Edited by xZaratustrAx

Nope. Everything is working flawlessly, is quite fluid and no problems whatsoever.

And I've noticed one other thing - In GB, when I was watching a particualr video in MX PLayer, I had to watch it with Software Accelaration because it wouldn't work on H/W, the video kept stoping. And now, after the upgrade to ICS, I can watch it perfectly with H/W. Does this mean that Hardware accelaration is actualy supported by ICS?

MX Player has just had an updated HW decoder module which may have made some difference to you. Hardware video decoding normally worked fine for me in GB on the G300 - except for streamed media when it went very badly out of synch. The new HW+ decoder in MX player works fine in GB and doesn't have the lip synch issue. Or, in short, you don't need ICS for hardware acceleration in MX Player.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest xZaratustrAx

MX Player has just had an updated HW decoder module which may have made some difference to you. Hardware video decoding normally worked fine for me in GB on the G300 - except for streamed media when it went very badly out of synch. The new HW+ decoder in MX player works fine in GB and doesn't have the lip synch issue. Or, in short, you don't need ICS for hardware acceleration in MX Player.

Ya. Makes sense.

Actually, there have been many updates both to MX Player and Codec lately.

Guest figueira

Exactly, that's why I am asking if the one you are using (VF Portugal) has the same issues, including the poor Flash performance ;)

Apparently everything is working, just waiting for someone to upload it!

Guest xZaratustrAx

Exactly, that's why I am asking if the one you are using (VF Portugal) has the same issues, including the poor Flash performance

Apparently everything is working, just waiting for someone to upload it!

No. I have not found flash issues so far. The only two problems I had so far, was lag and lack of storage space on the phone. Installed app 2 sd, moved all apps to to sd card, cleared cache and both problems went away. :)