knackered phone

Guest jpbroad1970

Guest Davidoff59

I think there is a lot of unneeded confusion here by the op.

From my understanding, he went from B936 with cwm installed and then used B940 update.app. Cwm has gone which makes sense as the update.app wipes the phone.

is the above correct?

So his boot loader is now locked by the looks of it.

Has a forced flash of B940 been tried?

If you are not sure just make sure you hold both the power and the appropriate volume keys and count to 10 (easily long enough) even after the phone begins to power up then release. If you release too soon it will just try to boot normally.

Guest jpbroad1970

I think there is a lot of unneeded confusion here by the op.

From my understanding, he went from B936 with cwm installed and then used B940 update.app. Cwm has gone which makes sense as the update.app wipes the phone.

is the above correct?

So his boot loader is now locked by the looks of it.

Has a forced flash of B940 been tried?

that would make sense

i have tried a 940 but i am willing to try again if there are others

When you tried to install B940 what file did you use? Was it it the original full update or the CWM repack? What was the filename and/or link to file you downloaded. Two different versions described here http://www.modaco.co...ta-release-rom/

Also if it was the full update and not the repack (repack is safer option) have you tried flashing the full B940 again via Power + Vol up and down and SD card?

Edited by Hogweed

it was ikb3

OK, that's a CWM flashable ZIP and not a full firmware update. Therefore you should still have an unlocked bootloader from your B936 install. I'm surprised you have no recovery either if the installation appeared to complete

Do you know any "computer geeks" amongst the family or friends? Have them look at this thread and the phone as I think something really obvious is being missed. It is either that or you have had some very low probability fault occur at the worst possible time.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest jpbroad1970

i may just go and get another one if you can get them from vodafone shop

as i suppose my warranty is void now lol

Edited by jpbroad1970

Guest jpbroad1970

OK, that's a CWM flashable ZIP and not a full firmware update. Therefore you should still have an unlocked bootloader from your B936 install. I'm surprised you have no recovery either if the installation appeared to complete

Do you know any "computer geeks" amongst the family or friends? Have them look at this thread and the phone as I think something really obvious is being missed. It is either that or you have had some very low probability fault occur at the worst possible time.

the install didnt complete

Can you confirm you have tried to install this version of B940 http://g300.thebrona...001C203B940.zip (remember to unzip it)

That's the full update to B940. Uses the dload folder method and power + both volume keys.

I still don't understand why we can't get you talking to the PC in bootloader mode though, given the described sequence of events.

Edited by Hogweed

i may just go and get another one if you can get them from vodafone shop

as i suppose my warranty is void now lol

No your warranty isn't voided. Impossible for them to tell too in its present state.

Guest jpbroad1970

Can you confirm you have tried to install this version of B940 http://g300.thebrona...001C203B940.zip (remember to unzip it)

That's the full update to B940. Uses the dload folder method and power + both volume keys.

I still don't understand why we can't get you talking to the PC in bootloader mode though, given the described sequence of events.

yes thats the one i have tried

i have been and got another phone from vodafone and i will either sell me other one or keep trying but its gave me a headache :wacko:

i will update me new phone to this update though through the dload method

once again thank you all very much for all your help

just a thought i put my battery into the new phone and it was as flat as a pancake and i did notice that when it was plugged in to charge(the old phone)there were no charging lights and the screen stayed on so maybe it wasnt charging either

Edited by jpbroad1970

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jpbroad1970

Well as a follow up I know what I did wrong. When installing the rom I opened the zip with Cwm while phone was on not boot into Cwm so I guess there isn't much of a way around that

but it still isnt working

the phone wont boot into bootloader at all the only way you can get it to do some thing is the 2 vol keys and power

Edited by jpbroad1970