• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

StillBrilliant

StillBrilliant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hi there,

I've found some around the internet our LG Optimus L5, which also includes methods for rooting your phone. I thought I put this together here, in case you haven't found it yet yourselves.
On XDA-developers there isn't a section for this device, there is only this thread.

Root
The root-method pasted below (by jimhon on XDA) worked for me, and some people confirmed it to be working on E610, E612 and E617. As always, when modifying files on your phone, proceed at your own risk ;)

• Download the archive and unpack it (create a folder on desktop named L5_root or whatever you like): Root kit (http://forum.xda-dev....8&d=1345457528..
  • Download "IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk" and copy to root of your phone (internal storage)
  • On the phone in the "Options -> Security" enable "Unknown sources"
    In the "For Developers" enable "Debug on USB"
  • Install "IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk"
  • Then open the installed "SystemBackupTest" and not closing
    Hold down the power button and reboot the device.
  • When phone completely rebooted connect your phone to your computer via USB (note: must be charge only option)
  • In the folder you've created (L5_root) «o4xr» run the file «root.bat»,
    wait until the script is executed and the phone will reboot.
  • Then on the phone, open the Google Play Store and you will find "SuperSU"
    Upgrade "SuperSU", and then open the program asks updates ... Click OK, to
  • Update SU binary ...
  • Now you have a root-law. You can delete an application «SystemBackupTest» ...

Source

Silence camera shutter sound
I found a way of disabling the shutter sound, which only works on rooted devices. With this method the shutter sounds is only disabled when the phone is in silent mode.
  • Open some sort of root explorer and navigate to /system
  • Open build.prop with a text editor (note: /system needs to be mounted as r/w)
  • Search for the line "ro.camera.sound.forced=1" and change it to "ro.camera.sound.forced=0"
  • Done. A reboot may be required

Hard reset
If your phone isn't booting or fully functional anymore and you don't exactly know how to fix it, you can perform a hard reset. As I understand this method will flush caches and data, but not your system files or micro sd. I recommend that you make backups of settings and files you want to keep before you start this procedure (if it's still possible to do so).

It is very simple to perform. Start with the device turned off.
  • Press <power on> and <volume down> simultaneously
  • When the buttons on the bottom light up press the home key (the key in the middle at the bottom)

Recovery (for emergencies only)
You can always recover the firmware by using LGMobile Support Tool (I will post a download link later). You'll lose all files, except for the ones on your micro sd, but chances are high that this will get your phone working again.

Open LGMobile Support Tool and go to "Customer Support" and then press "Recovery Phone" (if your interface language is set to English). Follow the instructions.

If you can't get your PC to recognize your phone you can try the following:
  • Turn off your devices (by pulling out the battery) and remove the USB cable
  • Press <volume up> and <volume down> simultaneously, while putting the USB cable back in

The screen will show a logo with something like 'downloading, don't unplug or turn off your device', but if the support tools may asks you to do this if there is a connection problem. I recommend that you follow these instructions.

Edited by StillBrilliant, 04 October 2012 - 08:32 PM.

blonderulez

blonderulez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Orange san francisco
Thanks for this useful information. I'm thinking of buying the L5 as well, but I am trying to find out if there is a way to get it sim unlocked (removing the operator SIM lock). Do you know a way of removing the sim lock as well?

StillBrilliant

StillBrilliant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Thanks for this useful information. I'm thinking of buying the L5 as well, but I am trying to find out if there is a way to get it sim unlocked (removing the operator SIM lock). Do you know a way of removing the sim lock as well?

I didn't look into that, because I bought it SIM-unlocked from a store in The Netherlands

EDIT: I came across this: http://www.unlockuni...-lg-optimus-l5. They say they'll give you an unlock-code for $5.90, but I don't know that company.

Edited by StillBrilliant, 09 October 2012 - 09:38 PM.

hsm1999

hsm1999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:lg optimus l5
how much time the script will execute and the phone will reboot?????

StillBrilliant

StillBrilliant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

how much time the script will execute and the phone will reboot?????

About half a minute, maybe less. The phone should reboot if the script did his job.
Don't run the script as admin

eclipsegax

eclipsegax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:lg optimus l3 e400
Hi guys.. can somone tell me if you have can. Enable. The usb mass storage in lg l5?? Or some modification. For the build prop to do this, maybe in the persist.buil.prop. or something. I really appreciate your help please... hope lg or somebody find the way to unlock the bootloader... by the way, have you already sign the petition for it,if dont, common do it.. we need to be more to get the unblocked bootloader .. xd. .. ok guys thtas it. Hope for youre help

StillBrilliant

StillBrilliant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Hi guys.. can somone tell me if you have can. Enable. The usb mass storage in lg l5?? Or some modification. For the build prop to do this, maybe in the persist.buil.prop. or something. I really appreciate your help please... hope lg or somebody find the way to unlock the bootloader... by the way, have you already sign the petition for it,if dont, common do it.. we need to be more to get the unblocked bootloader .. xd. .. ok guys thtas it. Hope for youre help

As far as I know, either needs the kernel support it or there need the be supporting modules installed into /system/lib/modules. It looks like the kernel doesn't support it and there are no modules of this kind installed. I think they can be compiled, but I lack the knowledge to do it

vuconghuu

vuconghuu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus L3 E400
Is there anyway to unroot the device? (just in case)
As with root method LG Spectrum, I can find All in One program

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users