[ARCHIVE] RIL FOR ALL STOCK BASED ICS ROM'S

Guest tillaz

Guest andy/newbie

i flashed b937 cwm way, so just downloaded the ril b937 tryed to flash it but got installation aborted/bad zip, or somethink simerler,dose anyone no what i have done wrong plz?

Guest tillaz

i flashed b937 cwm way, so just downloaded the ril b937 tryed to flash it but got installation aborted/bad zip, or somethink simerler,dose anyone no what i have done wrong plz?

try renaming the zip then re-adding it to the sdcard

Guest KaterM

Example: if the last official update (update.app) you did was B926 then you should flash B926 RIL

IF YOU ARE HAVING RANDOM REBOOTS AND NETWORK PROBLEMS THIS COULD RESOLVE YOUR PROBLEMS.

Sounds tempting :)

Just to get things clear in my head:

this should stop reboots occurring through losing 3G connection while on data?

Because if I am on 2G only (box ticked) these reboots do not occur while travelling through tunnels and things - i.e. losing connection.

I do not have _any_ problem with wifi since leaving GB.

I'm on B926 base with B934.zip on top. I will flash B926 RIL then.

What exactly has been changed - or was the bug causing this?

I am intrigued :unsure:

Guest gusilin

Well... I can confirm that, at least with B926, this works. I've just reached 127 hours without reboots including some travels by car.

What I can't understand is that my wife's G300, updated to B934 and then Infusion B05 (based on B934), keeps rebooting. Installing the 934 ril there has no sense... or am I wrong?

And another question... when I installed the fix in my phone, I deleted caches, restore defaults, etc... is this necessary?

Thanks for your work, Tillaz!

Guest tillaz

hmm ok I`m on BB 2030.. with the odd reboot a day I`m guessing I cant use any of these RIL`s?

I`m on B06

use the one that matches your last official updates build number

last updata.app you used.... "not flashable.zip"

Guest andy/newbie

so the ril i need is b927?as that is the one i went to from gb to ics b927,even though i have flashed a repack zip b937 over on cwm am i right it needs to be only the offical update i done b927?

Guest Degurney

use the one that matches your last official up dates build number

last updata.app you used.... "not flashable.zip"

Ah crud!! I can't remember what i used :(

so the ril i need is b927?as that is the one i went to from gb to ics b927,even though i have flashed a repack zip b937 over on cwm am i right it needs to be only the offical update i done b927?

Yes install the b927 ril

Guest Degurney

hmm ok I`m on BB 2030.. with the odd reboot a day I`m guessing I cant use any of these RIL`s?

I`m on B06

Don`t think I used an update.app

Now what do I do ?

Looking at my G300 folder I have these in there...

B934-ROM-REPACK.zip

b926-root-bl.zip

I`m guessing I`m used these files... where would I be at you think?

Edited by Degurney

Guest Al_1604

@Degurney, the question is (probably) how did you originally upgrade from GB to ICS (requires an official update.app), this is likely the RIL you need to reflash if you're suffering regular reboots.

Guest shockdj

Got a major problem I assume is ril related. Having flashed the 926 ril as recommended in infusion thread to solve reboots I have had terrible data speeds. Ping time of other 1200 and download speed of 5k. I have tried to flash each ril version to see which one works but none solve the issue. Help!! Before on b06 with no ril I had consistent speeds of 2meg always.

• 2 weeks later...

Running b944 on full update with continued reboots.

Tried switching to b926 but update fails.

No RIL available yet ?

if you did a full update (update.app "not" flashable.zip) you will already have B944 ril and baseband

Guest grabster

Indeed i did and i have but im still cursed with the reboots when using data.

Its flipping frustrating .

Is there a foolproof way of going back to GB as any guides i read seem determined to put people of trying it.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Buffalo Soldier

I tried this with INFUSION B04, and with GenoKolar and PaulMilbank kernel, but I still get a few reboots per day, while I'm on 3G of course.

I went from stock GB with 109808 baseband using this guide , so my last update.app was B936. Is there any point to try some other RIL, or something else??? Thanks...

• 3 weeks later...