ZTE Skate 4.3 H

Guest tipsypedro

Guest tipsypedro

Hi, Ive just got my Skate a couple of days ago. My problem is that my Skate has different specs. Here are some details based on Quadrant.

System

SDK version: 2.3.5

ID GINGERBREAD

OS name: Linux

OS version: 2.6.35.7-perf+

Dalvik VM version: 1.4.0

Device

Model: Skate4.3 H

Product: P843_GENERIC

Board: skateplus

Brand:zte

Fingerprint: zte/P843_GENERIC/

skateplus:2.3.5/GINGERBREAD/eng.

20120514.023538:user/release-keys

CPU

Name: ARMv7 Processor rev 1 (v71)

Current freq.: 1024 MHz

Max freq.: 1024 MHz

Max freq.: 122.88 MHz

Cores: 1

Architecture: 7

BogoMIPS: 681.57

Hardware: skateplus

Revision: 1

Serial #: 000000000000000000000

Memory

Total 386524 kB

Free: 85080 kB

Inactive: 175676 kB

Display

Resolution: 480x800

DPI: 160x160

refresh rate: 0.09 Hz

GPU (OpenGL)

Vendor: Qualcomm

Renderer: Adreno ™ 205

Version: OpenGL ES 2.0

Additional info from AnTUTu Benchmark:

CPU model: ARMv7 Processor (VFPv3, NEON)

I want to know if I could use the ROMs/rooting process posted here for my Skate? I saw the other Skate model, the U960 which has dual sim. But mine has no dual sim feature.

Edited by tipsypedro

Guest Redstarr1

Sounds like a ZTE Skate Acqua. The roms here won't work, they're for armv6 devices. But Konstat made a recovery for the Acqua over on that forum here on Modaco. Odd that your phone is Android 2.3.5, the Acqua's that are sold here have Android 4.0.

Guest tipsypedro

Sounds like a ZTE Skate Acqua. The roms here won't work, they're for armv6 devices. But Konstat made a recovery for the Acqua over on that forum here on Modaco. Odd that your phone is Android 2.3.5, the Acqua's that are sold here have Android 4.0.

That sucks, I was hoping for ICS. Mine is not a Skate Acqua though, it looks the same as the Skate. The ZTE Skate 4.3 H just launched here at the Philippines 2 months ago. It would really be nice to take advantage of the lil higher specs. :)

Guest KonstaT

Yeah, seems like a completely new device. It's probably msm8x55 platform. Haven't seen anything with that in europe, but I think ZTE Warp is in US. Can you get a copy of your /system/build.prop?

Guest KonstaT

I need to have my phone rooted to access /system/build.prop right?

No, you don't need to be rooted to copy files from system. You just need a proper file explorer (androzip or es should do it).

Copy /proc/config.gz too, it's your kernel config.

Guest tipsypedro

Got it. I'm going to fetch those files. Gimme a couple of minutes.

boot.img would be nice , too to look into kernel config.

I could then create the rooted one for you

Wheres that files located?

Edited by tipsypedro

It could be acquired by dumping /dev/block/mtdblock1 probably. But problem is that it is not readable for normal user.

Only by root. So some kind of exploit is needed...

Guest Redstarr1

Doesn't Acqua come with adreno 200?

Yeah you're right, like KonstaT says it's probably an MSM8255 or something like that. Which makes it extra weird to be on GB. The HTC One V has a similar SoC and ships with ICS. Most phones with that chip run GB though.

Guest tipsypedro

@KonstaT

Heres the files you requested.

It could be acquired by dumping /dev/block/mtdblock1 probably. But problem is that it is not readable for normal user.

Only by root. So some kind of exploit is needed...

Hope there would be.

files_build_config.zip

Edited by tipsypedro

Guest KonstaT

Yeah, it's a msm8x55 device. I still can't find any reason why ZTE would make such a device though. :P It's even some philipines specific variant (CONFIG_MACH_SKATEPLUS_PH). MSM8x55 was top of the line platform something like two years ago, I guess they've got it now cheap.

It also seems to be a nasty hack job where ZTE is building this on top of old Android 2.3.5 and 2.6.35 kernel that they used with ARMv6 devices - not Android 2.3.6 and 2.6.39 kernel like they do with their other ARMv7 devices.

Can you copy /proc/mtd too? It will help on dumping boot and recovery partitions after you've gained root access somehow. This seems like a really marginal device so I think there's slim to none chance of getting custom ROMs/ICS to your device though.

That's right. I was browsing a ZTE handset pages for a while and found Skate 4.3H mentioned on Philippines handset page, only... No other Asia/Oceania countries mention it. I haven't had a go through all of them, though.

Edited by C3C0

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Extensis

I got one too today! I'm excited in getting this one because I have successfully updated my Blade (Netphone 701 in the Philippines). The reason why I bought this beside of its very cheap price is to try the costum roms for skate, and after reading this threads I got disappointed knowing I cannot use custom rom. I'm about to try JB CM10.

Also I'm trying to gain root access but not successful. I cannot run Lucky Patcher!. Please help!

Guest Extensis

It has an upgraded specs from the original Skate! But this Model will no longer be sold here in the Philippines. Zte made the unit On Sale from Php 9900 to Php 5990. and now you can hardly find it on the store. They are now selling ZTE Grand X Php 9990 and Blade 3 at Php 7990!

Edited by Extensis