[Q] Please help! Dropped Orange San Diego down the toilet!

Guest glossywhite

I never EVER make or receive calls/texts/anything communication-wise when in the one place you DO NOT want to be talking to people OR being disturbed - I'll even blank anyone who tries to talk to me through the door (people can be VERY persistent!). Technology is already intrusive enough, come on - you need to have SOME isolation - communication CAN wait for a few mins! ^_^

I make a habit of leaving my 'phone OUTSIDE, in another room, when answering nature. However, since this is of no help to you right now, maybe I could suggest putting it on silent and into your pocket, if you are in a situation where the 'phone is at risk?

The solution is not much help now, seeing as you've already done the damage, but in future, may I graciously advise you to keep your beloved technology AWAY from rooms they are going to be at immediate risk?

Finally, may I be so bold as to bring to your attention how incredibly unhygienic it is to be putting your germ-laden mitts all over something which you (very obviously) cannot ever put down, and which you will likely be touching AFTER leaving the lavatory, spreading those lovely germs all over the place... and to others... to your food... to your mouth!

Yuck!

I hope this helps you... for next time :-)

Edited by glossywhite

Guest i am not a hacker

I never EVER make or receive calls/texts/anything communication-wise when in the one place you DO NOT want to be talking to people OR being disturbed - I'll even blank anyone who tries to talk to me through the door (people can be VERY persistent!). Technology is already intrusive enough, come on - you need to have SOME isolation - communication CAN wait for a few mins! ^_^

I make a habit of leaving my 'phone OUTSIDE, in another room, when answering nature. However, since this is of no help to you right now, maybe I could suggest putting it on silent and into your pocket, if you are in a situation where the 'phone is at risk?

The solution is not much help now, seeing as you've already done the damage, but in future, may I graciously advise you to keep your beloved technology AWAY from rooms they are going to be at immediate risk?

Finally, may I be so bold as to bring to your attention how incredibly unhygienic it is to be putting your germ-laden mitts all over something which you (very obviously) cannot ever put down, and which you will likely be touching AFTER leaving the lavatory, spreading those lovely germs all over the place... and to others... to your food... to your mouth!

Yuck!

I hope this helps you... for next time :-)

Glossy, he probably wasn't talking to anyone, he did get a multifunctional smartphone so he could have been browsing the internet. Also, I FORGIVE you for being so ignorant, but I do remember him saying that it was in his pocket so he probably forgot about it. Most people leave there phones in their pockets and go to the bathroom. So I forgive you and hope that next time you will be more careful and less arrogant in what you say

Guest BlueMoonRising

Glossy, he probably wasn't talking to anyone, he did get a multifunctional smartphone so he could have been browsing the internet. Also, I FORGIVE you for being so ignorant, but I do remember him saying that it was in his pocket so he probably forgot about it. Most people leave there phones in their pockets and go to the bathroom. So I forgive you and hope that next time you will be more careful and less arrogant in what you say

All true, it was in his cardigan jumper pocket :P

Only if you dont wash your hands, there is an art to it, takes years of droid training.

The obvious solution is you put it into your pocket before finishing the business and proceeding to wash hands :lol: therefore not touching your prized technology with grubby hands!( of course I am talking about the trouser pocket which is way below the pan level) Or as you said glossywhite, leave it in another room, unless of course you are away from your residence, at which point it may not be to clever to leave it somewhere other than on your person.

But trouser pockets work just fine for me, putting phone in jumper pocket as the OP now knows is bad idea because of the angle and lack of depth of those types of pockets which results in things tipping out when you sit down......I am thinking it is the motion of the legs rising up to abdomen so to speak that makes this happen.

Edited by Guest

Guest glossywhite

I'm sorry you thought I was being arrogant - I wasn't meaning to be, I was thinking logically, seeing as these are expensive devices. I don't comment to upset, I comment through common sense. I have better manners than to be so arrogant as to cause a problem with strangers. :)

I accept that you say you forgive me, but since you have taken offence when none was given, less so to you, as the comment was not even addressed to you, I can only surmise that you have intentionally taken offence to cause a rift of sarcasm or bitterness, which is pretty silly really. I forgive *you* for doing that, if that is what you've done. :)

Edited by glossywhite

Guest razzmataz1478

I'd never put my phone over the toilet, especially when there may be lots of movement..;) Joking, I only go to the toilet for the right reasons....and place my phone down next to the toilet (admittedly in the splashback zone).

You need to be more careful Alex, I couldn't dare to put my phone over, I'm just too scared. As glossywhite said, these are expensive devices. I'm also emotionally attached to my phone (skate), so I keep it safe.

Guest razzmataz1478
I use my phone on the throne all the time&#33;<br />I&#39;m old school and read the paper....only digitally ;-)
<br /><br />I use proper newspaper ;)<br /><br />But resort to my phone when there&#39;s nothing tangible available haha<br /> Edited by razzmataz1478