P733NB01 NEW BASEBAND FOR ZTE BLADE

Guest andr0idbeliev3r

Guest Snap.IT
Hi guys this baseband was released in Portugal for Sapo a5(ZTE Blade) and Optimus(Orange) San Francisco, ZTE is updating the Baseband, here are the files for the Devs to analyse, i can notice an increase of wifi caption, Mobile network data speed and increase of signal, its still froyo so i think its still GEN 2.

UPDATE FILES (INCLUDING BASEBAND):

http://www.mediafire.com/?1g7puixugas6tx0

A link to where you got it from would be helpful.

Guest KonstaT

Nothing to see here, move along. ;)

Sapo A5 = ZTE Libra. ZTE Libra has always been P733 where ZTE Blade is P729.

Baseband version is hardcoded into build.prop (ro.build.baseband_version) in ZTE stock ROMs. It has nothing to do with the actual radio firmware version that you have on your device.

It's not even in any way new or recent.

ro.build.date=Wed Nov  2 09:40:42 CST 2011[/CODE]

Guest iShubham

Nothing to see here, move along.

Baseband version is hardcoded into build.prop (ro.build.baseband_version) in ZTE stock ROMs. It has nothing to do with the actual radio firmware version that you have on your device.

ro.build.date=Wed Nov 2 09:40:42 CST 2011[/CODE]

Hahahaha :D so this was just a waste of time for all? lol ;)

Guest andr0idbeliev3r

Nothing to see here, move along. ;)

ro.build.date=Wed Nov  2 09:40:42 CST 2011[/CODE]

Actually konstat, yoou are wrong, im sorry to say but sapo a5 is not zte libra, our baseband was never P733 and the build is from 2011 because the froyo update was already released, they just updated the baseband, anyways i have san francisco too and it has this new baseband too.

Guest KonstaT

Well, I correct myself, Sapo A5 = rebranded ZTE Libra (and so is SFR StarTrail in France). Do a quick google image search and see for yourself. ;) Casing is pretty much the only difference anyway.

P729 = Blade & rebranded versions

P733 = Libra & rebranded versions

Sapo A5 has always been P733. Even eclair for Sapo A5 is P733. See stock ROMs thread.

http://www.modaco.co...ade-stock-roms/

TMN (Portugal): Sapo a5

SAPO_P733NV1.0.0B03

ro.build.version.release=2.1-update1
ro.build.date=Tue Nov 23 09:59:54 CST 2010
ro.build.sw_internal_version=SAPO_P733NV1.0.0B06
ro.build.display.id=SAPO_P733NV1.0.0B03
ro.com.google.gmsversion=2.1_r12[/code]

There's more Libra/Sapo A5/StarTrail P733 ROMs in xda thread.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1353526

Like I already said, baseband that is displayed in 'about phone' menu has nothing to do with the radio firmware. You can change it to what ever you want by editing that single line in build.prop. If you install a Libra ROM to a Blade you'll also have P733 baseband (just because it says so in build.prop).

Edit. nuff said. ;)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_GFo2NhVEkEk/TTjG8KSsIyI/AAAAAAAAM1U/nM2cV7LyJkE/s1600/DSCN4678.JPG

Guest Snap.IT

Actually konstat, yoou are wrong, im sorry to say but sapo a5 is not zte libra, our baseband was never P733 and the build is from 2011 because the froyo update was already released, they just updated the baseband, anyways i have san francisco too and it has this new baseband too.

Going by the file date of amss.mbn (which is the baseband) it's from 2011-11-02.

Guest KonstaT

But as i said, optimus (orange) updated the baseband in zte blade too ( san francisco)

And when i had the stock rom, the update file was p733 but the baseband was always 0729! Even so i noticed improvements!

You really don't get it, do you?

Baseband in 'about phone' is always what is hardcoded in that single line in build.prop (ro.build.baseband_version). It depends on the ROM that you have installed. It has nothing to do with the radio firmware (actual baseband).

Guest Snap.IT
And when i had the stock rom, the update file was p733 but the baseband was always 0729! Even so i noticed improvements!

You don't seem to understand what KonstaT is saying here.

Reread his posts and ask questions if there is something you don't understand.

I wouldn't argue with him regarding this, he has been involved with modifying and compiling stock ROMs for years.

If there is one guy here who knows what's what with the stock ROMs it's KonstaT