798 replies to this topic

j89

j89

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Devices:Nokia

Guys have anyone measured how long it takes to charge the device fully? Say from 10% to full 100%, with stock charger in AC adapter? Mine is taking 3 hours 40 mins, but some are claiming 2.5 hours! I wonder. I don't know if they are making a guess or actually measured it.
I'd appreciate if someone checks this for me.
Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't really worry about it. You could always have an app leeching battery as it charges so the time would be different. The right way would be to switch off and charge to time it.

j89

j89

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Here you go. . . .

Is that Dell 24x3's? Nice setup :)

That is so cool, im definetly getting inshallah :)
Also super happy to be part of this thread for note 2, If anybody is planning to import the same then lemme know I am in.
Just now called samsung store they say one weeks eta. . . .

I am waiting for the Samsung store to get it. Heard the word that it will be priced cheaper here.

I thought that it is of very little use to me, as it really does not have great functionality apps or programs like a PC. And i will use it very less in my day to day life. So i will think about it a little more.

I am pissed it does not do automatic landscape. For the time being I am just picking up an MHL adapter and play with that and see if I can dump my laptop :)

Aditya_e

Aditya_e

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Note 2 N7100
I get some Amazing Battery Life! 1 day 2 hrs and 40% remaining!

And the Phone charges in 1 Hr 30 min from 0 to 100.

j89

j89

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

I get some Amazing Battery Life! 1 day 2 hrs and 40% remaining!

And the Phone charges in 1 Hr 30 min from 0 to 100.

Neat. I am not even close to that.

But, then again I don't expect to. Maybe I should get a 6000 mah battery for this :)

ithehappy

ithehappy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Devices:N7100
  • Twitter:@ithehappy
@Aditya: 90 mins from 0-100? Not possible dude.

Guys please suggest me a charger (branded) which has the same specifications like Note 2 stock charger. Does iPad 3 have same charger, or anything else?

j89

j89

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

@Aditya: 90 mins from 0-100? Not possible dude.

Guys please suggest me a charger (branded) which has the same specifications like Note 2 stock charger. Does iPad 3 have same charger, or anything else?

The stock charger is a 2 Mah, so anything similar should work. I even charge it with my other slower chargers and everything works, just that they are slow.

Why not just get a replacement of same? I am presuming your Note 2 is taking longer to charge? Try this put your phone in airplane mode and make sure screen is off then try how long it takes.

Edited by j89, 29 November 2012 - 06:03 AM.

ithehappy

ithehappy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Yeah, that's what I wanna know, which other chargers are 2 mAh?
Yes, mine is taking almost 4 and a half hours to charge fully. But I'm replacing the USB cable for that. I've tried with phone off, but it's same. The reason I was wanting a different charger because the stock charger is so short.

The stock charger is a 2 Mah, so anything similar should work. I even charge it with my other slower chargers and everything works, just that they are slow.

Why not just get a replacement of same? I am presuming your Note 2 is taking longer to charge? Try this put your phone in airplane mode and make sure screen is off then try how long it takes.

Edited by ithehappy, 29 November 2012 - 06:55 PM.

j89

j89

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Yeah, that's what I wanna know, which other chargers are 2 mAh?
Yes, mine is taking almost 4 and a half hours to charge fully. But I'm replacing the USB cable for that. I've tried with phone off, but it's same. The reason I was wanting a different charger because the stock charger is so short.

I haven't timed mine from 0-100, but I don't think it's 4 hours, considering it's usually goes to 50-100 in less than an hour. Maybe you could get a replacement for your charger from Samsung (they are covered in 6 months warranty) if you think that's faulty, maybe the battery has an issue.

I haven't seen any other 2A chargers other than a few on Flipkart, which are out of stock and ridiculously expensive. I would suggest getting it checked by Samsung, if you have warranty. On second thoughts, maybe the samsung tablet chargers should also work.

Edited by j89, 30 November 2012 - 05:24 AM.

ithehappy

ithehappy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Yeah, they might. I heard iPad 3 chargers are 2 A. I am not buying a Samsung charger in any situation.
I have asked them to replace the charger, I will get it by tomorrow. If problem persists then I will ask them to replace the phone. If they don't I will sell it. Done with Samsung, done with stupid after sales service. Already loving the iP 5 and I won't miss the Note anymore.
Good Luck guys.

Edited by ithehappy, 30 November 2012 - 04:36 PM.

j89

j89

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Yeah, they might. I heard iPad 3 chargers are 2 A. I am not buying a Samsung charger in any situation.
I have asked them to replace the charger, I will get it by tomorrow. If problem persists then I will ask them to replace the phone. If they don't I will sell it. Done with Samsung, done with stupid after sales service. Already loving the iP 5 and I won't miss the Note anymore.
Good Luck guys.

The iPad charger is a 10W charger (2A x 5V) so that should work - iPhone charges perfectly with it as well. So, you should be okay with charging the Note2. However, that said I have been using the Samsung charger as the main charger for all USB stuff - phones, bluetooth, watches and everything is working fine.

See how the replacement works. I agree with the Samsung service part. That's one reason, I don't buy a Samsung device, which might require service like TVs, Washing Machines etc. However, some have had great experiences, so, you and I might be rarities.

PS: I still wonder why everyone compares the iPhone 5 with the Note 2. They are not in the same class from any angle. I could never do the things I could do with the Note 2 on the iPhone for example. Or maybe we are only talking about the phone aspect.

Edited by j89, 01 December 2012 - 07:36 AM.

ithehappy

ithehappy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Yeah, I'm no way comparing them.
Maybe we are rarities, but I'm not sure. I mean in which world will you have service like this,
I submitted my device because it was charging slowly, along with the charger. Next day they said it's charger's problem and they replaced it (the adapter only). I went to take my phone, and there it was having 7 or 8 big scratches on the display! I asked them how did they able to scratch it in 2 days when I couldn't do one in 3 years with 4 different phones. They took it back, said they will replace the front gorilla glass. I waited 3/4 days, then it was done. I went again to take it, and now I see a different thing. There are three big dents on the right side of the metallic border, including a huge one and one on the left side. Even I'd find it hard with my limited tools to make a dent.
That's it, my charging problems remained, but my device came up raped by SC idiots. A one month old phone, lived more than a week in SC. Well I could've gone far to Consumer court and beat them bad but I've lots of other work to do. Besides all of them are blunt headed, filed up with gob brain. Saying Note 2 has a large 2500 mAh battery, and it should take at least 5 hours to charge it. Jeez!
Just to compare this with my previous iPhone 4S, within a week after purchasing it I accidentally dropped it and there was a small dent at the top of the device, watch practically was unnoticeable, still I was not happy and gave it to my retailer, he said they will repair it, but what they did, well they replaced the entire device with new shiny one. And I don't think Apple has an authorized SC here.
There goes the difference between Apple and Samsung in after sales service.
I completely am skipping the S2 part here, and what rubbish I faced from the same disgraceful SC.
Only providing the latest hardware doesn't made a brand good, they have to provide civilized after sales service, unfortunately I'm realizing it now, realizing it late.

Edited by ithehappy, 01 December 2012 - 10:17 AM.

j89

j89

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Yeah, I'm no way comparing them.
Maybe we are rarities, but I'm not sure. I mean in which world will you have service like this,
I submitted my device because it was charging slowly, along with the charger. Next day they said it's charger's problem and they replaced it (the adapter only). I went to take my phone, and there it was having 7 or 8 big scratches on the display! I asked them how did they able to scratch it in 2 days when I couldn't do one in 3 years with 4 different phones. They took it back, said they will replace the front gorilla glass. I waited 3/4 days, then it was done. I went again to take it, and now I see a different thing. There are three big dents on the right side of the metallic border, including a huge one and one on the left side. Even I'd find it hard with my limited tools to make a dent.
That's it, my charging problems remained, but my device came up raped by SC idiots. A one month old phone, lived more than a week in SC. Well I could've gone far to Consumer court and beat them bad but I've lots of other work to do. Besides all of them are blunt headed, filed up with gob brain. Saying Note 2 has a large 2500 mAh battery, and it should take at least 5 hours to charge it. Jeez!
Just to compare this with my previous iPhone 4S, within a week after purchasing it I accidentally dropped it and there was a small dent at the top of the device, watch practically was unnoticeable, still I was not happy and gave it to my retailer, he said they will repair it, but what they did, well they replaced the entire device with new shiny one. And I don't think Apple has an authorized SC here.
There goes the difference between Apple and Samsung in after sales service.
I completely am skipping the S2 part here, and what rubbish I faced from the same disgraceful SC.
Only providing the latest hardware doesn't made a brand good, they have to provide civilized after sales service, unfortunately I'm realizing it now, realizing it late.

Yikes! I feel for you dude.

Samsung guys really messed up. You should take up this issue with Samsung directly, because the service centers should get rebuked for this kind of stuff. I have had similar experiences with Sony Ericsson which is why I never buy their phones irrespective of how cheap or cool they are; not worth it IF you have to go to the service center. The problem is also because Samsung and other companies now outsource their service, so it's not always in their best interest to please the person who sent his phone.

Apple is a different story. I have owned Mac's and their service is exemplary, because they don't really repair anything, it's mostlyreplace this part, or that part and if you can't .. then replace the whole thing - period. But, Apple products are expensive and irrespective of what every one thinks they fail as well and when they do repairs cost a bomb. I have two Macbooks sitting with catching dust for the same reason, which failed outside their warranty. Their products have design faults that sometimes we pay for. In short, no company is immune but if you are unlucky you get some place like in your case and you hate the company for ever.

What I suggest is this. Take this issue up with Samsung directly. You will have to spend sometime but you bought phone worth over 700$, so that's something they need to take care of. Tell them you will never ever buy any Samsung product in life. And that's worth more than 700$. I noticed you are on Twitter, send them a Tweet.

It's a good phone; damn it even locks on GPS sitting in my jeans pocket. Can't beat that. Don't let the service center ruin your experience.

Aditya_e

Aditya_e

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Note 2 N7100
Dude, This is really sad to see such kind of service from Samsung.

Email them the full details and complaint here : http://www.samsung.c.../contactus.html .

Contact them via Live Chat or Email them your Entire Complaint. And keep sending them the complaint mails until they reply. This will cost you nothing.

Also write a compliant on ConsumerDaddy.com . They sometimes check consumer complaint sites and reply.

You should atleast try the above as it can help you get a New Replacement .

BTW, Dont accuse the phone,The Phone is Awesome.

ithehappy

ithehappy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Thanks guys. I can say I was angry and lost my cool. And I am not accusing the device in any way, it's indeed awesome (other than the camera, lol)

Anyway, I did contact them via email, when they were taking time to replace the front glass. Emailed them in both their executive team and CEO's office. Got a reply from the CEO's office. Then the next day they called me and held up a conference call between me and the SC manager. Even there that idiot said he didn't know how the scratches occurred and he couldn't give any time frame when the front glass replacement will be done. Then the lady who actually called almost ordered him to give me a clear answer, then he said, okay, they will replace it within 4-5 days. I said, no problem, I will wait till it's done. Then just the next day I called them and that idiot said, sir, it's done, you could take it, see if you are satisfied! I went and there was another brand new gift as I said earlier. But I didn't say anything more, because I was frankly missing the device as it was in their custody for 9 days.
Anyway, I have a great retailer, they replaced my USB cable today. So far charging is OK with this one. So I am happy, for now at least. But still I am researching about this charging thing (fluctuation of mA while charging) on XDA with a humble physics guy, and it appears there is a problem (or Samsung made it that way knowingly).

j89

j89

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
Not related but just found HTC phones charging much slower with Samsung charger. Weird.

j89

j89

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Thanks guys. I can say I was angry and lost my cool. And I am not accusing the device in any way, it's indeed awesome (other than the camera, lol)

Anyway, I did contact them via email, when they were taking time to replace the front glass. Emailed them in both their executive team and CEO's office. Got a reply from the CEO's office. Then the next day they called me and held up a conference call between me and the SC manager. Even there that idiot said he didn't know how the scratches occurred and he couldn't give any time frame when the front glass replacement will be done. Then the lady who actually called almost ordered him to give me a clear answer, then he said, okay, they will replace it within 4-5 days. I said, no problem, I will wait till it's done. Then just the next day I called them and that idiot said, sir, it's done, you could take it, see if you are satisfied! I went and there was another brand new gift as I said earlier. But I didn't say anything more, because I was frankly missing the device as it was in their custody for 9 days.
Anyway, I have a great retailer, they replaced my USB cable today. So far charging is OK with this one. So I am happy, for now at least. But still I am researching about this charging thing (fluctuation of mA while charging) on XDA with a humble physics guy, and it appears there is a problem (or Samsung made it that way knowingly).

Did you try contacting Samsung again?

ithehappy

ithehappy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
No pal.

ithehappy

ithehappy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
4.1.2 is released for some countries. Waiting for the Indian version.

j89

j89

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

4.1.2 is released for some countries. Waiting for the Indian version.

Some more info and a changelog.

http://www.android.g...2-lte-released/

ithehappy

ithehappy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Yeah, though I still don't understand what they mean by 'continuous input'. It's there from very first!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users