798 replies to this topic

j89

j89

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Devices:Nokia

Yeah, though I still don't understand what they mean by 'continuous input'. It's there from very first!

I know but it breaks if you switch on accessibility (did you try that?). Maybe that's fixed also, I think it's more refined I think.

ithehappy

ithehappy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Devices:N7100
  • Twitter:@ithehappy
Oh no, the continuous input on Samsung keyboard (or T9-Trace it is?) is not my cup of tea, so I didn't try. I am a Swype user for too long now and can't live without it.

TheSaifBukhari

TheSaifBukhari

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Hey !! Any of you guys tried the polish 4.1.2? I did and cranked with the help of note2core @1.92mhz .... yeah it flies :D

Edited by TheSaifBukhari, 20 December 2012 - 06:27 PM.

TheSaifBukhari

TheSaifBukhari

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
I believe these temps are ok too.... any inputs?

Attached Files

ithehappy

ithehappy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Temperature always depends with your ambient, but taking 25/26 as an average I'd say 33-34 is perfectly fine. Your CPU is also at 27%.

Edited by ithehappy, 20 December 2012 - 09:25 PM.

TheSaifBukhari

TheSaifBukhari

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Thanks @ithehappy

Edited by TheSaifBukhari, 20 December 2012 - 09:44 PM.

ithehappy

ithehappy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
You're welcome.

4.1.2 has been officially released for India.

For rooted users,
http://www.hotfile.c...L2_INU.zip.html

Edited by ithehappy, 21 December 2012 - 10:11 AM.

TheSaifBukhari

TheSaifBukhari

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Great news

j89

j89

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
Guys, just a small update. If you like Svoice and use it a lot, like I do. DON'T DO FACTORY RESET. It will mess up and will stop recognizing contacts, especially Indian ones. Struggled for 5 days to get it fixed. Ugh!

j89

j89

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

You're welcome.

4.1.2 has been officially released for India.

For rooted users,
http://www.hotfile.c...L2_INU.zip.html

My battery life seems to have gone down after the update. What about you?

ithehappy

ithehappy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
No pal. I am still getting 9 hours screen on sometimes. But it hasn't improved any, that I can say :)

PS: You guys should try Xposed Framework. Amazing thing. What I like that it won't mess any system files, and it's reversible also. I am using it, call recorder, Multi Window etc, great stuff, especially for people like me who hate to modify system files.
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2012770

Edited by ithehappy, 29 December 2012 - 05:23 PM.

j89

j89

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
Well.. well.. bad new year. Broke my Note 2 screen after a ceramic tea cup fell on it :(

ithehappy

ithehappy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Oh no :( Very bad dude. Do let us know the price of replacement glass.
This is probably the sixth 'soft' issue I am hearing! Seriously, a screen shouldn't break if a tea cup fall on it, nor if it falls from a 3 ft height! Damn, I am getting scared and more scared.

j89

j89

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
So much for Gorilla Glass huh.

Got it changed yesterday. They change the whole LCD panel front and it costed me 6800 bucks from official Samsung service centre.

Yes, it breaks.. rather shatters, will post a pic later here. Please be careful.

Edited by j89, 02 January 2013 - 11:31 AM.

ithehappy

ithehappy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Well one thing I can say that this is this particular device's problem. GSII also had Gorilla Glass, an earlier version even, but it was way more robust than this. I remember I threw my SII twice or thrice pretty badly, and it even dropped and bounced on the screen, from a 4-5 ft height, not a single scratch occurred. Now with this Note 2 I am seeing this shattering/breaking issue so often.
Well I don't think the build quality of this phone is good, if I saw one case, might be bad luck, two, three, same, but now more than half dozen, well now I can say it's not about luck.

j89

j89

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Well one thing I can say that this is this particular device's problem. GSII also had Gorilla Glass, an earlier version even, but it was way more robust than this. I remember I threw my SII twice or thrice pretty badly, and it even dropped and bounced on the screen, from a 4-5 ft height, not a single scratch occurred. Now with this Note 2 I am seeing this shattering/breaking issue so often.
Well I don't think the build quality of this phone is good, if I saw one case, might be bad luck, two, three, same, but now more than half dozen, well now I can say it's not about luck.

Even my N900 took a bad fall few months back on the tarred road face down and no damage, beyond small nicks on the body.

I have got a flip cover over the new screen now. Though it may not protect it much but I figured it might be better than the screen lying bare. Of course the bigger problem is the replacement screen is also in shortage not every body has it.

j89

j89

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
BTW my SVOICE has went south after the 4.1.2 update. No longer recognizes any of the Indian names and comes up with wierd suggestions. Is yours working okay? Or maybe mine is messed up. After a factory reset it worked for 2 days perfectly then went back to the same habit. Trying out EVA now; seems to be interesting.

ithehappy

ithehappy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Even my N900 took a bad fall few months back on the tarred road face down and no damage, beyond small nicks on the body.

I have got a flip cover over the new screen now. Though it may not protect it much but I figured it might be better than the screen lying bare. Of course the bigger problem is the replacement screen is also in shortage not every body has it.

Nokia? Lol. I hated Nokia always, when it had it's prime time but one thing anyone will agree that they had/still have solid build quality. I only have used four Nokia phones in my life, N95, E93, E71 and 5800XM, other than the last one they all had fantastic build quality, my friend kept saying a joke that they can be used as a weapon.
Well Samsung was not this bad, the Omnia HD, Wave, SGS II, all had more or less good build quality, but undoubtedly they have gone nonsense from S3. I have NEVER used a device with this care and fear ever in my life, and I guarantee I will not buy this type of stuffs again, regardless it's fantastic hardware or software specification.

S-Voice is working fine on my end, but I have never used it for local names, only for Alarm, and opening some apps, but I will check that issue.

Edited by ithehappy, 03 January 2013 - 04:34 PM.

j89

j89

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Nokia? Lol. I hated Nokia always, when it had it's prime time but one thing anyone will agree that they had/still have solid build quality. I only have used four Nokia phones in my life, N95, E93, E71 and 5800XM, other than the last one they all had fantastic build quality, my friend kept saying a joke that they can be used as a weapon.
Well Samsung was not this bad, the Omnia HD, Wave, SGS II, all had more or less good build quality, but undoubtedly they have gone nonsense from S3. I have NEVER used a device with this care and fear ever in my life, and I guarantee I will not buy this type of stuffs again, regardless it's fantastic hardware or software specification.

Yah. Nokia, they have pretty awesome build quality; starting from the very first I had a 2100 in 1994 :P and in those days you could use them as a weapon, pretty much.

Never had a SGS II but I have always heard good things about it even when it was being compared to the S3 or the Note II. The Note II is undoubtedly pretty good and it may survive in some situations when challenged but after what I just went through and spending more money on it, I am not so sure I would recommend these devices, gorilla or no gorilla.

I have always maintained in these forums before too that you should use a scratch guard as well, because it's costs absolutely nothing if you compare it with the cost of the new glass now. My new one has one too, though it's not the same brand or quality as the earlier one.

S-Voice is working fine on my end, but I have never used it for local names, only for Alarm, and opening some apps, but I will check that issue.

Let me know, I am thinking it stopped working because of either my factory reset / upgrade to 4.1.2. Of course all the other words are recognized, just the local names have an issue - for example a name like Rajesh, gets interpreted as radish or ladish and yet sometimes it works. Pretty dumb.

I am now trying out something called EVA that seems to have much more features and stuff, so maybe I will use that.

TheSaifBukhari

TheSaifBukhari

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Got an ota update this morning and sadly the battery went down from 100% to 40% in like 7 hours only.... without any change in usage pattern... anybody?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users