Ideas to make the G300 less slippery?

Guest xena_wales

Guest xena_wales

Hi all, just registered, but have been browsing here for months :)

I want to make my G300 less slippery to hold, but without the bulk of a case (even a slimline one)

I like the rubberised back of my other phones - shame Huawei didn't do it on this one, but at least it's on the G330 by the looks of it!

Anyway, does anyone know of a grippy replacement battery door, or a very thin adhesiver rubber skin I can use? This is the only thing I can find so far:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2320cf88ef

As an aside, I've been using my Galaxy S for a while, and just picked up the G300 to find it's used less than 50% of it's battery being on standby for 7 days, so am pretty impressed!

Edited by xena_wales

Guest TangerineTractor

Nice. But pricy, and what would it look like with the white top and bottom? (Unless you have a rare black g300 of course)

Buy a cheap hard cover for three quid, see how you get on. Doesnt bulk mine up too much, and its definitely less slippy - I understand where you're coming from.

Guest xena_wales

I've got the S-line Gel case, and I can't stand it - way too bulky. I guess if there's something similar to the CaseMate Barely There case for the G300, then that would be my 2nd choice. Cheers for the reply :)

Guest wiiman2012

Each to thier own I guess. I got myself the S-line WAVE gel case, and think it's fine. To me I don't think it makes the phone much bigger at all. Slapped a screen protector on it as well, and I now know the phone isn't going to suffer from scuffs at least.

If you've got a bit of cash to splash out on this project and can think of other projects that might use the same sort of benefit, try "Plasti Dip" can be found on ebay or amazon. I've not used it myself, but I've read plenty of people on the net use it for lots of different types of projects. And for a quick look I found on youtube that if you search "Plasti dip phone cover" you'll see some people doing what I think you might like to do?

Anyways, hope it gives you some ideas?

Edited by wiiman2012

Guest Umrtvovacz

Nice. But pricy, and what would it look like with the white top and bottom? (Unless you have a rare black g300 of course)

It's rare? Cool, I have black one and it looks great. To the topic: I bought 3600 mAh battery with extended cover which increases the grip a lot. It also tripled my battery life but increased weight by 50%.

Guest kyan31

If you want a really grippy case, the and very thin too, and get this case by 'ROCK'

post-969101-13493711950254_thumb.jpg

post-969101-13493712098286_thumb.jpg

It's very grippy as it has sand on the back, so it's sandpaper-y :D

(Sorry I couldn't post the link, I'm using the eBay app.)

Guest Jamie :)

Yeah the Nillkin hard cases are good, Too rubberized for me though, I don't use a cover anymore.. Really annoy me! You could also try Lucozade, that made the phone a lot easier to grip when it fizzed over the other week on me! ;-)

Guest xena_wales

Thanks all, for your replies. I read about the Plasti-dip stuff when I was trying to find similar for my Galaxy S! Shame it's so pricy or I would've tried that on both phones.

I've seen the extended batteries that come with the soft-touch back, and was slightly tempted, but it's a fairly heavy phone anyway at 140g so didn't want to make it any heavier really.

Sugru / Hack Things Better - that stuff is really cool!! I'd never heard of it before, but it seems a great idea - have added it to my watch list :)

The Lucozade was a great idea tho, lol! Just need something like that that leaves a tacky surface which doesn't get your hands mucky. Maybe smear some rubber Loctite over instead ;)

Sausage fingers... not quite! It falls out of my jeans pocket a bit too easily too, so it's not just the hands :D

Rock and Nillkin cases - thanks, I had a look, but a bit steep as I'm hoping to swap out for the G330 pretty soon, so I decided to...

Buy a cheap hard cover for three quid, see how you get on. Doesnt bulk mine up too much, and its definitely less slippy - I understand where you're coming from.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370643522403

Cheers guys :D

Guest Colossae3.23

I have always found this phone slippery, and it's popped out my hand a few times. Something that never happen when I had the Blade. So, it's not from being clumsy. I have a hard case (too big) and a gel case (which is okay), but this thread got me thinking how to solve this problem again.

Years ago, I worked in a body shop, so I started looking at Automotive coatings and vinyl and I found this.

http://www.undergrou...-Vinyl/c-1-728/

It's supposed to be textured, so we'll see. I've ordered small piece today (less than £2) Another solution could be that clear stick-on stuff that protects paint from stone chips. Like what you find on cars (rocker panels and on the edge of wheel wells, etc). But only if you can find a small piece for cheap.

I'll post later once the carbon fibre sample comes, and when I have time to fit it.

Edited by Colossae3.23

Guest Colossae3.23

no comprendo. ahh now I do.

I never heard of thing sling, so I thought you were taking the mick. :wacko:

Good idea, but don't think it would be comfortable in pocket?

Edited by Colossae3.23

Guest unaszplodrmann

But seriously, I thought it was too slippery a first, but you get use to it quick. Not dropped it yet.

That's a bit drastic! I found that dripping my hand in epoxy, followed by a bucket of grit to be a better option. At least this way I can still send the phone to wonga4tehmobiles.com, next year.

Guest Jamie :)

I got one of the extended 3600mah batteries on Friday (3 weeks later!) and the back cover is nowhere near as slippery because of the way the extended back is, a ledge at top and bottom of battery! - Not very good at explaining so heres a picture.

post-789740-0-78426600-1349988149_thumb.

Only bad thing about it is that the phone now weighs 190g, and doesn't sit right on flat surfaces :-(

Guest timfimjim

MouseEar-300x243.png

LOL. Got to admit it does look different, but if it works for you then cool! Jamie how long does your battery last now?

Edited by timfimjim