Clockworkmod recovery problem

Guest Pogonoforysci

Guest Pogonoforysci

I'm trying to get clockworkmod to work on my San Francisco II so I could install custom ROMS. After numerous attempts I think that I finally managed to install one of the recovery images available from the forum and now I have root access and can boot into recovery. However if I try to use the Clockworkmod application it still asks me to flash Clockworkmod recovery and doesn't allow to to do any backups or installations. I don't understand what is the problem. When I click on "Flash Clockworkmod recovery" I get a list of phone models but it doesn't have SFII. What should I do with this? It's really getting on my nerves now...

Guest AmbushReality
I'm trying to get clockworkmod to work on my San Francisco II so I could install custom ROMS. After numerous attempts I think that I finally managed to install one of the recovery images available from the forum and now I have root access and can boot into recovery. However if I try to use the Clockworkmod application it still asks me to flash Clockworkmod recovery and doesn't allow to to do any backups or installations. I don't understand what is the problem. When I click on "Flash Clockworkmod recovery" I get a list of phone models but it doesn't have SFII. What should I do with this? It's really getting on my nerves now...
Don't use The CWM app, our device isn't supported

Guest plewis1981

If you click on flash clockwork mod in ROM manager it should say that the device is unsupported and then ask if you have installed a custom vertion click yes the select 3x +.

After that it should work?

I have only done this on CM9 & CM 10 but don't see why it wouldent work with any custom ROM and recovery.

Guest Pogonoforysci

So how do I install ROMs then? Just boot into recovery and update from SD card (or similar, I don't remember what options are there)

Guest Pogonoforysci

If you click on flash clockwork mod in ROM manager it should say that the device is unsupported and then ask if you have installed a custom vertion click yes the select 3x +.

After that it should work?

I have only done this on CM9 & CM 10 but don't see why it wouldent work with any custom ROM and recovery.

When I do flash clockwork mod recovery I only get a list of several phones and no other options. San Francisco II is not on that list

Guest chris231

This is copied from another post I made on the forum a while ago:

Linux is the easiest to fastboot with because no drivers are required. However if you using windoze then see below.

Try this out:

Disconnect phone from Windows XP machine

first download this: http://rollestonpark...ZTE-Cresent.rar

extract and install (this is the driver for crescent when it's booted up properly, you may have already done this part)

now i'd normally say install the android sdk with platform-tools this is large and you actually only need adb and fastboot

These are zipped here: http://rollestonpark.myzen.co.uk/crescent/drivers/adb.zip unzip to a folder.

check phone is on and booted up and usb debugging set to on.

Plug in phone

open a command prompt and goto the location where the adb file is

type: adb devices

if driver is OK then your phone should be listed (or something listed)

Extract this zip to a same folder as the adb stuff: http://rollestonpark.../usb_driver.zip

now this driver is for when the phone is in bootloader mode.

type at the command prompt: adb reboot bootloader

wait a few moments for green android

windows should now say that it needs a driver

navigate through the menus and get it to load the driver from the folder from usb_driver.zip file

OK, so now you should have the driver working in bootloader.

at the command prompt where fastboot is, type: fastboot devices

something random should come up (meaning it can see the phone)

if your still unsure if fastboot can see your phone, then type: fastboot reboot

this should reboot the phone. If so then do: adb reboot bootloader (after phone has booted up)

OK so now have your recovery.img file ready in the same folder as fastboot

This will flash Clockworkmod recovery:

fastboot flash recovery name-of-recovery-file.img

if that went OK, then type: fastboot reboot

this should boot you phone backup again

Now shutdown and press and hold vol- and power to get into CWM recovery.

Make sure you using the right recovery file for your phone and that it ends in .img

Hope this helps

questions?

Edited by chris231

Guest Pogonoforysci

This is copied from another post I made on the forum a while ago:

Linux is the easiest to fastboot with because no drivers are required. However if you using windoze then see below.

Try this out:

extract and install (this is the driver for crescent when it's booted up properly, you may have already done this part)

now i'd normally say install the android sdk with platform-tools this is large and you actually only need adb and fastboot

These are zipped here: http://rollestonpark...drivers/adb.zip unzip to a folder.

check phone is on and booted up and usb debugging set to on.

Plug in phone

open a command prompt and goto the location where the adb file is

type: adb devices

if driver is OK then your phone should be listed (or something listed)

Extract this zip to a same folder as the adb stuff: http://rollestonpark.../usb_driver.zip

now this driver is for when the phone is in bootloader mode.

type at the command prompt: adb reboot bootloader

wait a few moments for green android

windows should now say that it needs a driver

navigate through the menus and get it to load the driver from the folder from usb_driver.zip file

OK, so now you should have the driver working in bootloader.

at the command prompt where fastboot is, type: fastboot devices

something random should come up (meaning it can see the phone)

if your still unsure if fastboot can see your phone, then type: fastboot reboot

this should reboot the phone. If so then do: adb reboot bootloader (after phone has booted up)

OK so now have your recovery.img file ready in the same folder as fastboot

This will flash Clockworkmod recovery:

fastboot flash recovery name-of-recovery-file.img

if that went OK, then type: fastboot reboot

this should boot you phone backup again

Now shutdown and press and hold vol- and power to get into CWM recovery.

Make sure you using the right recovery file for your phone and that it ends in .img

Hope this helps

questions?

I actually did what you said on my own. The main problem was finding a recovery img that works. Anyway now I have Fish'N'Chips installed and all seems to be OK.

Many thanks to everyone for help!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...
Guest soulhand

When I try to install this, I get prompted for the language, then a dialog box with title Setup, an "i" balloon, and no text (and an OK button). Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

(I'd already installed the drivers that come when you plugin in the phone, and also the Android SDK).

I can get adb working, but fastboot just says "waiting for device"

Paul

Guest chris231

When I try to install this, I get prompted for the language, then a dialog box with title Setup, an "i" balloon, and no text (and an OK button). Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

(I'd already installed the drivers that come when you plugin in the phone, and also the Android SDK).

I can get adb working, but fastboot just says "waiting for device"

Paul

If adb is working then the first driver is installed, done.

now put the phone in FTM (fastboot mode bootloader or whatever you want to call it, maybe FTM or green android screen).

Now the pc should prompt you to install a driver.

use the driver from this I uploaded http://rollestonpark.myzen.co.uk/crescent/drivers/usb_driver.zip

now fastboot should work if all went as planned.

you need 2 drivers 1 for when the phone is booted up (adb mode)

2nd driver for bootloader (FTM) which are in that usb_driver.zip file.

The second file (usb_driver.zip) are google drivers that I had to mod slightly to make it work.