164 replies to this topic

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
  • Devices:OSD
Yeah basically left as it comes, 600Mhz min, ondemand governor. I am testing to see if battery is improved with hyperthreading off, unless someone more in the know on hyperthreading knows the answer ?

I am of the mind to say it makes battery worse seeing as hyperthreading was not made for mobile devices, as far as I know it was for pc processors, which obviously do not need to worry about batteries running out.

But then reading this: http://www.intel.com...technology.html

You could say hyperthreading uses the processor more efficiently thus making tasks easier to do which in turn should use less juice.

I think this will be an interesting one to look into, does it help battery or drain it more ???

Edited by jikobutsu, 07 October 2012 - 08:02 PM.

i am not a hacker

i am not a hacker

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade and Orange San Diego
Hyper threading would save battery as it switches to one 'core'if you want, when it is doing light tasks

Nexus 10
Orange San Diego

tuco4

tuco4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:none
I've updated to ICS which is pleasing to say the least but i've lost some of my widgets, i had a widget that showed my telephone number,usb storage space, what carrier i'm connected to and wifi as well but i can't find it. Does anyone know what it is ?

Kettchy

Kettchy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:San Diego, HP Touchpad

I've updated to ICS which is pleasing to say the least but i've lost some of my widgets, i had a widget that showed my telephone number,usb storage space, what carrier i'm connected to and wifi as well but i can't find it. Does anyone know what it is ?

You've just installed a Xolo update, that widget was installed by Orange. Hence it was orange.

jhob

jhob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego
  • Twitter:@jhob101
Awesome, I'm now on ICS and have got rid of the orange bloatware and orangeness, proper result!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users