Former Liquid User, Current Cloudmobile User

Guest Chrispynutt

Guest Chrispynutt

Hi all,

I am a former Acer Liquid A1 user. I used to run a rooted Android 2.2 Liquid with Go Launcher.

Straight from that to my Cloudmobile, anyone else make the jump?

Guest sss_ddk

A1 owner..Gonna make the jump as soon as i get some feedback on the battery...Any info you can give?

Edited by sss_ddk

Guest Chrispynutt
A1 owner..Gonna make the jump as soon as i get some feedback on the battery...Any info you can give?

Hard to tell I have been installing loads.

Are there any tests I could run?

Guest Chrispynutt

Just your impression..better or worse than A1?

My gut feeling is that it is about equal.

I used to man handle the A1; switching to 2g whenever I didn't need 3g.

I haven't been doing that on the CM, so I am getting a bit less. The CM has a battery saving mode that kicks in at 20% battery, that stretches it out far longer.

It really connects to 3G and Wifi easily, so I might find a better power button widget to stretch it out to two days.

Guest Chrispynutt
Thx for the feedback.

PS: I never get 2 days on Liquid (no matter what i do..unless i keep it in deep sleep that is)

In that case it should be fine.

I should be getting my case and 64gb card tomorrow will report how they work.

Guest Chrispynutt

FYI if you are thinking of getting a 64GB card, make sure you have a card reader that can take 64GB cards like the "Kingston MobileLite G3" (works on USB2 fine) and this app http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm to format the card as FAT32.

I tried just chucking it in the phone, but the CM's attempt to format it was problematic. So I reformatted with the standard Win7 formatter as exFAT, then used that tool format it. Chucked 29GB of music on it and the CM managed to index it all. I did the transfer on my PC with the card reader first.

I have two cases now.

The Golla Kobi (http://www.golla.com/products/#/mobile/kobi), which is very nice, but covers the headphone socket. I just got the Golla Seoul (http://www.golla.com/products/#/mobile/seoul) as it is open topped, giving access to the headphone jack.

Because of the rounding both cases are snug and a mm shorter than I would like. The Seoul leaves a sliver of the top peaking out, but otherwise is a very good fit.

I've used Golla cases on my last three/four phones; CM, Liquid, K800i/Spiro. So I am biased.

Guest Chrispynutt

And does the CM sees all 64Gb ??

Formatted it is 59.6GB but most cards I know of are smaller after formatting. If you follow what I wrote yes, its not like it is stuck at 32GB or 16GB.

• 5 weeks later...

One question: Does the CloudMobile have Status-LEDs (can't find any infos)? I'm pondering on switching von my A1, such a beautiful 4,3" device with such nice stats und price

• 2 months later...
Guest Alvan Yap

im former liquid E ferrari edition user also, jump to cloudmobile due to acer's launch promotion which i trade in my ferrari and get cloudmobile @ MYR500 only!