Rooted & Still Cannot Get Apps on External SD Card Help!!

Guest flashyphotos

Guest flashyphotos

Hi Guys

Just got one of these phones to play with,

Have a 32Gb External SD Card in it, but all apps are still storing to Internal Memory or the Partition set up as an internal SD Card,

Any ideas on how to store to the SDCard2 External card, as I am trying to download maps for my CoPilot software which is too big for the intenal

Really got me scratchign my head this one, it shoulod be so easy really!

Cheers

Richard

Guest qeifupa

Have you tried changing the option the the file vold.fstab?

Before

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard emmc@fat /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/mtk-sd.0/mmc_host

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard2 auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.1 /devices/platform/mtk-sd.1/mmc_host

After

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.1 /devices/platform/mtk-sd.1/mmc_host

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard2 emmc@fat /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/mtk-sd.0/mmc_host

Guest flashyphotos

EDIT : Tried the above now, but does not seem to make a difference, still savea sas before to the internal and ignores the 32G Card.

Edited by flashyphotos

Guest flashyphotos

Have you changed correctly the vold.fstab file? have you rebooted the phone after the change?

Hi

Yes I changed it as described and rebooted the phone, it still sees only the 0.98 Internal Storage & 1.6 "USB Storage"

It will not save to the fitted MicroSD Card (I have tried 4 different cards). They show up as formatted and available in the system, but changing the lines in the file did not allow the card to be used app installation.

• 3 months later...