[GUIDE] Applying ICS Xolo Update from Orange ROM directly (for NOOBS)

Guest i am not a hacker

Guest i am not a hacker

It is very simple and does not require a computer to update from the Gingerbread ROM (Xolo or Orange) to ICS - includes facial recognition unlock!
No data is lost at all. Your texts, apps, settings etc. are all kept.

HAVE AT LEAST 50% BATTERY LEFT ON YOUR DEVICE

1. https://www.dropbox.com/s/1a7vtezns1l49a0/update.zip
2. If you are using the computer, plug your phone into the USB port using a USB cable.
3. Pull down the notification bar and select mass storage on.
4. Go to my computer and then navigate to your downloads folder where you have the update.zip
5. Move the update.zip to the root of your SD card on your phone (not in any folders).
6. Now pull down the notification bar again on your phone and deselect USB Mass storage.
7. Unplug your device from the USB Cable.
8. Go to settings>About phone> System Updates> Update through USB Storage
9. The rest is done for you.
10. Be patient as it may take 5+ minutes.

You are now booted into ICS!
Happy Ice Cream Sandwiching.

IF THIS HELPED PLEASE PRESS THE REPUTATION UP BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM RIGHT OF THE POST (the green up arrow). Thanks

Hope that helped

Edited by i am not a hacker

Guest BlueMoonRising

Actually I'd literally just copied over the update.zip file when you posted your guide. It's sitting in root staring at me malevolently, going "go on, I dare you".

I just got my phone replaced today but I'm working tonight, if we're quite I may just dive in.

You will not regret it! The difference is vast, from the much better battery life, face unlock,(cool feature that) chrome or the better stock ics browser, and the best part in my opinion, excellent app compatibilty.....Just done half my battery playing dead trigger lol.

I am hoping the orange update will be downloadable though because if the disable app feature is there we can get rid of bloat and keep warrenty good. Also, I get lower benchmarks with xolo gingerbread compared with orange, no doubt ICS will be same.

Guest gemere58

Very pleased with improvement in performance after upgrading to ICS but boy does my phone get hot. Got so hot whilst using as sat nav on a twenty minute journey that the phone decided to stop charging! Anyone else have a heat problem?

Guest BlueMoonRising

Very pleased with improvement in performance after upgrading to ICS but boy does my phone get hot. Got so hot whilst using as sat nav on a twenty minute journey that the phone decided to stop charging! Anyone else have a heat problem?

I've just had my replacement one delivered due to overheating

Guest captainkremmen

Can this update be applied direct from Orange GB without having to flash Xolo GB first?.

(Look what happens, I go away from the forum for a couple of weeks, come back to find we have ICS and possibly root too if the other thread is right. Just sim unlock to go it seems :)

Edited by captainkremmen

Guest captainkremmen

Yep it is right, we do have root.

I am rooted right now and abusing my OSD.lol

:D :D

I am seriously impressed, I had almost given up hope. I may even be tempted to head to the Orange shop on pay day, get the phone unlocked, then stick ICS on and root the thing too. Just because I can.

Lol I not had root for ages, like a big kid right now, just realized again I can reboot with a reboot widget now and not have to turn off and back on. Root makes thinks so much easier, and the Ics is just amazing on this device. X-mas came early this year....Now wheres that clockworkmod......now that would be the best x-mas present.

Guest captainkremmen

Yeah just had a good read of the root thread.

Given the hoops you sometimes have to jump through to get root on phones that are easier than the SD to root initially, now that it's happened it seems a surprisingly easy procedure (does that make sense?, it did when I typed it).