[GUIDE] Applying ICS Xolo Update from Orange ROM directly (for NOOBS)

Guest i am not a hacker

Guest i am not a hacker

The orange update zip is the ROM by Orange with a lot of bloatware. The Xolo one is more of a stock, clean ROM which I would recommend. The 271.19 mb ROM is the orange one so I would recommend getting the XOLO ROM (299.18MB). Root after you have applied the XOLO update.

Edited by i am not a hacker

Guest madcow66

cheers, thanks.

I've had a rooted & unlocked OSF/ZTE Blade for a couple of years+ so I think it's time for an upgrade :).

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Radweld

Not once you've patched, don't even attempt it.

I got given one of these from my wife, I fancied having a play with it to see what it could do. It's got the horrid Orange ICS update already so once this is on that it? you can't do anything with it? I downloaded an Upgrade.zip from XOLO and put it onto the storage device and then noticed the San Diego was looking for a different file name update.zip when it tries to perform the update. I thought I would be clever and rename the file which then allowed the device to reboot and enter the flashing mode however the operation fails because the file signature is now invalid. you have the option to select a different update file so again I thought I would be clever and placed the original upgrade.zip file along side the renamed one. On entering flash mode and selecting the correct file, it still bloody fails with the same error. So I'm guessing once you have Orange ICS your stuck with it which is a shame because it looks like a nice device and the orange branding ruins it.

Guest BlueMoonRising

I got given one of these from my wife, I fancied having a play with it to see what it could do. It's got the horrid Orange ICS update already so once this is on that it? you can't do anything with it? I downloaded an Upgrade.zip from XOLO and put it onto the storage device and then noticed the San Diego was looking for a different file name update.zip when it tries to perform the update. I thought I would be clever and rename the file which then allowed the device to reboot and enter the flashing mode however the operation fails because the file signature is now invalid. you have the option to select a different update file so again I thought I would be clever and placed the original upgrade.zip file along side the renamed one. On entering flash mode and selecting the correct file, it still bloody fails with the same error. So I'm guessing once you have Orange ICS your stuck with it which is a shame because it looks like a nice device and the orange branding ruins it.

Yeah, I'm afraid the patch stops the exploit that was used for root. Except for the orange notifications and the bloatware(which can be hidden) the rest of the 'orangeness' can be replaced with a decent launcher replacement. I use smart launcher myself https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ginlemon.flowerfree&hl=en_GB but there's plenty of excellent alternatives.

Guest cocofisto

Hi, I'm sorry to up this topic but i have a "orange with intel inside" and i search the xolo update.zip but all the links are dead. The xolo website has dead links too.

Thank you!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...