Photo

[GUIDE] Applying ICS Xolo Update from Orange ROM directly (for NOOBS)

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

i am not a hacker

i am not a hacker

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade and Orange San Diego
The root means not inside any folder. So it is inside sd card but no within another sub folder. Google it

Nexus 10
Orange San Diego

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego, OSF

hi i don't get this "Move the update.zip to the root of your SD card on your phone" what is the root of sdcard is it a folder ?? or just any folder ??

It means your usb storage on the phone, the lowest level equivalent to C:\ on your PC

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Matthew 23:12

scottskelton91

scottskelton91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego
iv managed to apply this update, now how do i apply the stock (debranding) and how do i root, ? when i run adbinsecure.apk i never seem to get a superuser request, just an error saying superuser access required but cant be aqquired)

any help on debranding and rooting from the ics xolo rom downloaded via link at top.....

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

iv managed to apply this update, now how do i apply the stock (debranding) and how do i root, ? when i run adbinsecure.apk i never seem to get a superuser request, just an error saying superuser access required but cant be aqquired)

any help on debranding and rooting from the ics xolo rom downloaded via link at top.....

Once you've installed the Xolo update.zip then you need to root before doing anything else. My previous advice did point this out as does the manual that you downloaded on your computer.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

madcow66

madcow66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

I cant find the orange update zip anywhere on the forum or searching through google, can someone send me a link?

Edit: found it, here: https://www.dropbox.... ICS Update.zip

I'm a little confused. The above file is 271.19 MB but the one that rickywyatt posted (in this thread) is 299.18 MB. Which one should I apply to a new OSD?

Also, sorry for the newbie question, but can I confirm that the update should be applied before using the AIO tool to root the device?

i am not a hacker

i am not a hacker

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
The orange update zip is the ROM by Orange with a lot of bloatware. The Xolo one is more of a stock, clean ROM which I would recommend. The 271.19 mb ROM is the orange one so I would recommend getting the XOLO ROM (299.18MB). Root after you have applied the XOLO update.

Edited by i am not a hacker, 30 May 2013 - 11:33 AM.

Nexus 10
Orange San Diego

madcow66

madcow66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
cheers, thanks.

I've had a rooted & unlocked OSF/ZTE Blade for a couple of years+ so I think it's time for an upgrade :).

i am not a hacker

i am not a hacker

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Same, that ZTE Blade was modded A LOT. It has the most topics created on Modaco.

Nexus 10
Orange San Diego

Rattonboy

Rattonboy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Interests:My phone and playing Basketball.
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE, MOMO9, San Diego
Didn't want to make a new thread but I want to know if the xolo ICS ROM is smoother than latest orange ICS?

skillet-4e03a3fdbe31a.png

Rattonboy

Rattonboy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Interests:My phone and playing Basketball.
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE, MOMO9, San Diego
Can I flash this if i have orange ICS installed?

skillet-4e03a3fdbe31a.png

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Can I flash this if i have orange ICS installed?

Not once you've patched, don't even attempt it.

razvankim

razvankim

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Developing
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy SIII I9300
  • Twitter:@none
Great! Thankx

Cheers | Hit THANKS if I helped you.
razvankim@MoDaCo

Radweld

Radweld

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego

Not once you've patched, don't even attempt it.

I got given one of these from my wife, I fancied having a play with it to see what it could do. It's got the horrid Orange ICS update already so once this is on that it? you can't do anything with it? I downloaded an Upgrade.zip from XOLO and put it onto the storage device and then noticed the San Diego was looking for a different file name update.zip when it tries to perform the update. I thought I would be clever and rename the file which then allowed the device to reboot and enter the flashing mode however the operation fails because the file signature is now invalid. you have the option to select a different update file so again I thought I would be clever and placed the original upgrade.zip file along side the renamed one. On entering flash mode and selecting the correct file, it still bloody fails with the same error. So I'm guessing once you have Orange ICS your stuck with it which is a shame because it looks like a nice device and the orange branding ruins it.

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

I got given one of these from my wife, I fancied having a play with it to see what it could do. It's got the horrid Orange ICS update already so once this is on that it? you can't do anything with it? I downloaded an Upgrade.zip from XOLO and put it onto the storage device and then noticed the San Diego was looking for a different file name update.zip when it tries to perform the update. I thought I would be clever and rename the file which then allowed the device to reboot and enter the flashing mode however the operation fails because the file signature is now invalid. you have the option to select a different update file so again I thought I would be clever and placed the original upgrade.zip file along side the renamed one. On entering flash mode and selecting the correct file, it still bloody fails with the same error. So I'm guessing once you have Orange ICS your stuck with it which is a shame because it looks like a nice device and the orange branding ruins it.

Yeah, I'm afraid the patch stops the exploit that was used for root. Except for the orange notifications and the bloatware(which can be hidden) the rest of the 'orangeness' can be replaced with a decent launcher replacement. I use smart launcher myself https://play.google....erfree&hl=en_GB but there's plenty of excellent alternatives.

cocofisto

cocofisto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 3GS, Xolo x900
  • Twitter:@cocofisto

Hi, I'm sorry to up this topic but i have a "orange with intel inside" and i search the xolo update.zip but all the links are dead. The xolo website has dead links too.

Thank you!

cocofisto

cocofisto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 3GS, Xolo x900
  • Twitter:@cocofisto
for people that don't find the update.zip, i finally find the rom 4.0.4 ICS xolo x900 without orange features:

darkvicious

darkvicious

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

hello someone has a valid link for the ics rom xolo

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

hello someone has a valid link for the ics rom xolo

https://www.dropbox....49a0/update.zip

vadiraj

vadiraj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:xolo x900

i updated this link file https://www.dropbox....49a0/update.zip but my xolo is flashing coloured scenes i am not able to download 58 mb file

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

i updated this link file https://www.dropbox....49a0/update.zip but my xolo is flashing coloured scenes i am not able to download 58 mb file

Once again http://www.modaco.co...n-xolo-ics-rom/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users