How To root your San Diego

Guest benichou

Guest Simon O

So if I ran the exploit without the busybox to push, would that still work ?

The script will have to be edited to remove any parts that push busybox.

Ok not something I could do then, never been too good with scripts.

Edit: the system busybox is fine, as rickywyatt suggested, I copied system busybox to xbin and I still have root.

Edited by Guest

Guest benichou

for the sdcard, i think if we uncomment a line in the /etc/vol.fstab file( one wich starts with #dev_mount sdcard_ext/ at the end of the file, just delete the #) with rootexplorer by exemple, we can have it mounted at the boot.

but i have no sdcard at the moment, so if someone can try this ? :)

for the sdcard, i think if we uncomment a line in the /etc/vol.fstab file( one wich starts with #dev_mount sdcard_ext/ at the end of the file, just delete the #) with rootexplorer by exemple, we can have it mounted at the boot.

but i have no sdcard at the moment, so if someone can try this ?

Yeah that looks like it makes sense, obviously intel used the sd card slot themselves and a simple # would be enough to hide it, just like if you add a 1 or any letter to the start of a game data folder and delete the game, the data is not found by the game, something I have done before when a game is playing up, uninstall and reinstall but keep the data.

Although I am a little worried at trying myself, last time I did this on a g300 I ended up with a total brick. :lol: A different situation but very similar, we was trying to swap the 2Gb internal storage with the 700+mb data partition.....it went horribly wrong.

Edited by Guest

Guest punjabi

Can I just check guys.... The process you guys are on about with the busy box binaries and all that, does that mean we'll have a more 'stable' and 'complete' root process without the flashing screen, etc?

Great stuff then... It's just a matter of waiting know I guess until I get home and root this thing once and for all!

It is not stable now though, if you root you will get flashing screen problem but after several reboots it goes away. Probably best if you wait for someone to edit the scripts as flibblesan said to make it more stable with regards to busybox.

Guest punjabi

It is not stable now though, if you root you will get flashing screen problem but after several reboots it goes away. Probably best if you wait for someone to edit the scripts as flibblesan said to make it more stable with regards to busybox.

Will do. Thanks for the advice and the work you're putting into testing.

Guest benichou

I think the flashing screen is du to the exploit himself, because for me, it is only between the two reboot during the root process, but i do not have any others flashs.

And about the simlock, since i have it for more than 3 months, in france we can ask orange to an unlock code. I asked it 2 weeks ago from their website, but i did not receive the code... Maybe even orange do not know how to unlock it :(

anyone else to get an unlock code?

About the SD card, i uncommented the line, and reboot, no effect but i have no scard to test, but it does not brick the pone :)

About the SD card, i uncommented the line, and reboot, no effect but i have no scard to test, but it does not brick the pone

At least it does not brick. So it could of worked, but as you do not have sd card there is no way to know......the temptation don't think I can resist :lol:

Line edited, sd card in, rebooting......

No nothing, same as last time I tried. Could it not simply be permissions ? we have root now so can change them.

I love how snug the back clips back on, and comes off easy with fingernail, all my other androids had such flimsy backs on them that made all kinds of moans & creaks when taking off or putting on :lol:

Edited by Guest

Guest darkvicious

I think the flashing screen is du to the exploit himself, because for me, it is only between the two reboot during the root process, but i do not have any others flashs.

And about the simlock, since i have it for more than 3 months, in france we can ask orange to an unlock code. I asked it 2 weeks ago from their website, but i did not receive the code... Maybe even orange do not know how to unlock it

anyone else to get an unlock code?

About the SD card, i uncommented the line, and reboot, no effect but i have no scard to test, but it does not brick the pone

"Moi je l'ai débloquer en payant 76 euro à orange en juin ,j'ai mis 1mois pour obtenir le bon code car avant il m'ont filé le mauvais code le dernier chiffre était pas bon"

I have paid 76 euro unlock orange in June, I put 1 month to get the correct code before because I have spun the wrong code the last digit was not good

Edited by darkvicious

Just looked and permissions for sd card & sdcard_ext are same, "0777"

Could the init.sdcard1.rc init.sdcard2.rc have anything to do with it ?

If orange claim we will have sd card with their update then we know the sd card slot is good, surely just some permissions somewhere need sorting. But then the question comes, why did we not get sd card with xolo ICS upgrade ?

post-796032-0-84118000-1349697092_thumb.

Edited by Guest