Do you take your posh phone out jogging etc? Or a spare?

Guest xena_wales

Guest xena_wales

Hi there, not sure if this has been posted before or not... wasn't sure what to search for! Anyway, I've just got a nice phone (HTC One S), but I'm a bit dubious about taking it out riding and stuff in case I fall on it or my horse drops me in the sea. I have an Xperia Tipo that is more compact and would be ideal for that kind of use.

My question tho - is there any way of easily using the two phones, but still allowing people to get hold of me? Like some sort of duplicate SIM maybe? It would be a bit of a pain to swap the (micro!) sim every time.

Cheers :)

Edited by xena_wales

Guest Sonny Atwal

you cannot have 2 sims with the same number.

therefore i suggest you either do not ride your horse near the sea or get phone insurance.

another option is to get an otterbox case, my otterbox defender cost me £35 but at least i know i could throw my phone at a brick wall and it would come out unscathed.

Guest xena_wales

Errr, thanks. Not really practical tho - I guess you've never tried to shove a large phone in an otterbox down your jodhs? I was thinking of a more "out of the box" solution, like an app that automatically forwards calls and texts to your other number maybe? Maybe you all take your S3s jogging and mountain-biking then? ;)

Guest Sonny Atwal

Errr, thanks. Not really practical tho - I guess you've never tried to shove a large phone in an otterbox down your jodhs? I was thinking of a more "out of the box" solution, like an app that automatically forwards calls and texts to your other number maybe? Maybe you all take your S3s jogging and mountain-biking then?

most people have insurance, so they do not care if their phone breaks, the best way is usually through home insurance which covers you for up to £1K in goods which you carry on you, so that your laptop, tablet and phone, etc are all covered. ;)

another way is insurance through your bank. this is because insurance with your phone company is usually a lot more expensive and a lot more trouble in dealing with claims, etc.

well if there is an app out there that can do it, then i am sure google will help you find it.

otherwise you could forward all your calls to your other mobile,very easily using the settings function but then that would mean you need to pay for all those calls as well as pay for 2 different mobile contracts or sims.

what is the point in having a phone if you are too scared to use it? i suggest you get insurance, surely the cost of forwarding calls and texts will be more than insurance, plus with insurance your phone is covered, therefore what happens if you smash or drop your phone when your not out jogging? or it gets stolen?