Orange ICS Update

Guest Doogie Howser

jikobutsu : Delete the apps BEFORE pushing the file in /system/* and wipe system/lib/

Sorry I am not following before pushing what file ?

I deleted loads of system apps on device to make room, but any apps deleted then fail patch when flashing orange ics lol

Edited by Guest

i cant get it past the build.prop

Do what I did m8

Take the gingerbread build prop and overwrite one in your system on device, then do the system push.

If we can get past the space running out it is done :) but you cannot delete anything as it fails the patch when flashing orange ics lol

Edited by Guest

are you one orange now

No....the patch test failed as I deleted system apps to make space as space runs out when pushing system...the build.prop I got past by taking the gingerbread build.prop and overwritting the ics one on my device.....then I done adb push system.

@ayziaa, we are doing it for warranty, well I think we are lol and the bloat and orange theme is no problem easy sorted out :)

Edited by Guest

I think Orange knows that we've flashed our OSD to Xolo's Rom...So they've included file checking...

Lol most likely.

The thing is, if we can make room some how without deleting apps from system it will go through. I got it to complete the push, but by deleting some system apps on device to make extra room, those apps make the patch fail when flashing orange ics lol.

Lol most likely.

The thing is, if we can make room some how without deleting apps from system it will go through. I got it to complete the push, but by deleting some system apps on device to make extra room, those apps make the patch fail when flashing orange ics lol.

I don't get the size problem. The dump that paul made was from that same partition so pushing /system should not be taken more space as it was pulled out of the device

Guest The-Bledard

News ! I've pushed build.prop first, with rw--r--r permissions. Then, I wiped system/app and system/lib. After that, I pushed the whole system folder in /system/. Pushed successfully, I restart my OSD, and flash Orange ICS Rom. This time, I don't have any error concerning the system files verification. Now, the error is E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip . Here is a screenshot :

post-985020-0-93651200-1350163597_thumb.

is just what android like lol after pushing the app on cmd type

adb shell stop

adb shell sync

adb shell start

Lost now

Oh I see now lol

Edited by Guest

Guest The-Bledard

I think, we should flash boot.img, and recovery.img before flashing the update itself. But I think taking an advice from rickywyatt before is better.

try it lol it mite help but do the push first

why push first ?

So how do we pass the patch problem, which fails every time for me

Edited by Guest

Guest geoff1951

I'm still cheering you all on!

When (not if) you crack installing orange ICS over Xolo ICS... and maybe back again, just for fun... would one of you post an idiot's guide like i am not a hacker did for the Xolo install?