which launcher and why

Guest yaqh

i have tried nova launcher but everytime i select something it always asks which laucher to choose. some icons look very simular, how are you guys using these lauchers, can i get rid of my stock laucher and then run nova over the top, im sure using two launcher can cause memory issues and conflicts. what's the procudure to get rid of old launcher and replace new one, if i do can ealisy revert back to stock.

Guest Rico_89

I use Nova launcher because on ICS it is butter smooth for me.

When you see the pop up option to choose a launcher, then just tick "Use By Default For This Action" then press the launcher you want to use and it won't ask you that again.

I use Nova launcher because on ICS it is butter smooth for me.

When you see the pop up option to choose a launcher, then just tick "Use By Default For This Action" then press the launcher you want to use and it won't ask you that again.

thanks just ried it, working okay dont see much improvements over stock.

Guest Rico_89

thanks just ried it, working okay dont see much improvements over stock.

It won't work faster but it will give you more options. For example; go to Nova Settings, Drawer, then turn Background transparency all the way to the right. Also you can have different animations for launching apps and you can set the amount columns and rows you want on your desktop.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go to Manage Apps and "clear default" from the launcher you are using, if you want to switch to another browser.

Edited by Rico_89

It won't work faster but it will give you more options. For example; go to Nova Settings, Drawer, then turn Background transparency all the way to the right. Also you can have different animations for launching apps and you can set the amount columns and rows you want on your desktop.

people where saying they find the launchers faster than stock.

Guest Davidoff59

Launchers can make a significant difference in performance. It depends on which rom you are using.

On gingerbread, I used a different launcher and it improved performance.

On B936 ics, I use the stock launcher.

Launchers can make a significant difference in performance. It depends on which rom you are using.

On gingerbread, I used a different launcher and it improved performance.

On B936 ics, I use the stock launcher.

im using b944

Guest TangerineTractor

is this phone good with Go luncher ex, does it lag?

go was laggy under gingerbread, not tried it since because apex and nova are better.

I use apex.

advantages over stock are the ability to remove the dock and have a single home screen. I don't use widgets I prefer to launch the full app.

I also like the way apex lets you hide apps in the drawer... there are a lot of stock apps I never need, so they can be hidden away.

Guest jsevi83

Apex vs Nova is like Coca·Cola vs Pepsi (being Apex Coca·Cola, of course :P ).

They're both the best in their kind, I just like one more than the other.

Guest krishang3

best launchers which run smooth and not smooth IMO : My own experience...

Apex : Very impressed, not a single force close encountered, smooth ui, loads of customization's.

Nova : Blah, rubbish...don't get me wrong the updates might be good but I doubt, very sluggish, not much customization either. Prime seems to fix lots of sluggishness for some reason?

Tencent Launcher : 4.0 + : New launcher, ported to English by melvingchen same guy that did 360 launcher... nice and smooth.

Atom Launcher : brilliant, fast smooth and very reliable and nice customizations.

Holo Launcher hd : super light that's just amazing...

in overall performance, tweaks and looks : it's got to be Apex Launcher : Hands off applause...

Funny but i find nova nice and smooth and apex lags. Horses for courses and all that

+1 to that. I used Apex before switching to Nova and find that Nova is much smoother personally.